Is it true about Costco?

Old 04-24-2024, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM+6 View Post
I'm looking at a older map and it appears that from LSL take Buena Vista and then Belvedere Blvd. Is this the correct golf cart way to that area?
That will work. For those speed demons who insist on shaving seconds off their trip time going further down Buena Vista would be an option.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLonzo View Post
I agree! I wonder lately how some of these retailers decide where to build new stores. It used to be the infrastructure was built first (including shopping areas), then residential neighborhoods built up around it. Now it's just the opposite! Have you seen the development south of Warm Springs lately? A year from now there will be thousands of new residents but no place within 20 minutes to buy groceries (except of course the over-priced Publix). And still no Costco within a 40 minute drive.

Still shaking my head at Home Depot building a new store 'steps' from Lowes on 466A when there's another one a stone's throw away in Lady Lake. Why not build SOMETHING, ANYTHING... south of 44??
We drove to Clermont Costco from DeLuna two days ago in less than 30 minutes via turnpike. It’s even closer to the newest villages south of us.
Old 04-24-2024, 06:57 AM

Was in the Clermont Costco recently and observed at the checkout line that all the baskets were completely full, piled high.
When we go into the Sams here in the TV area you do not see that as much. We Villagers do not shop like we did when we were raising families. I have to think that the volume of sales at the Sams on 441 must be much lower than the national average.
My point is why would Costco build inside The Villages? I agree that a Costco location off highway 75 would make much more sense for corporate profits.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:02 AM

Would be nice perhaps might get a parking space at Sam’s
Old 04-24-2024, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycereal View Post
Back in 2018 I joined a Costco just because of their trays of pesto salmon. Best I had ever had from a store and at a very good price. So I'll be joining for that again, plus other things. Now if I can only find a store with those individual bins for Jelly Bellys I am set!
Russell Stovers on 44 has lots of individual bins of Jelly Bellys along the back wall of the store. Otherwise next closest is probably at Disney Springs.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Never been a big fan of the place. Even when my kids were younger we never needed a 96oz box of Cheerios. I still patronize local butchers and prefer that setting and helping the little guy. Something about buying my food that shares shelf space with Bridgestone all season tires doesnt work for me. Still adjusting to how retirees, most on TOTV...that talk mostly about eating out...need to bulk shop but as posted earlier, to each his/her own. Im sure most go for the all you can sample buffet in the aisles anyway...*

*JM, if we're still on speaking terms, please insert 'sarcasm' meme here
Thankfully, they keep the tires in a separate shop away from the food, lol.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:36 AM
Default Perspective ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I don’t understand the fascination with store where you have to paid to walk in door?
From that view point, same could be postulated of a Church ??

Old 04-24-2024, 07:38 AM
Default Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post

It's a membership fee.
Provides you access to deeply discounted bulk shopping benefits.
Old 04-24-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I don’t understand the fascination with store where you have to paid to walk in door?
if you shop wisely you will make up the $60.00 in savings
Old 04-24-2024, 07:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadToad View Post

Oh boy...
Old 04-24-2024, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,362 Times in 4,353 Posts

Quote:
Never been a big fan of the place. Even when my kids were younger we never needed a 96oz box of Cheerios. I still patronize local butchers and prefer that setting and helping the little guy. Something about buying my food that shares shelf space with Bridgestone all season tires doesnt work for me. Still adjusting to how retirees, most on TOTV...that talk mostly about eating out...need to bulk shop but as posted earlier, to each his/her own. Im sure most go for the all you can sample buffet in the aisles anyway...*

*JM, if we're still on speaking terms, please insert 'sarcasm' meme here
I'm not your servant!

The Villages Florida

And tell me you've never shopped at Costco without telling me you've never shopped at Costco...

"food sharing shelf space with tires..."

-Tom Petty
Old 04-24-2024, 08:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I'm not your servant!

The Villages Florida

And tell me you've never shopped at Costco without telling me you've never shopped at Costco...

"food sharing shelf space with tires..."
Definitely been there....about as long as Dave Portnoy was doing his Barstool pizza review there.

*Thanks for accommodating the meme request servant....errr sir!
Old 04-24-2024, 08:20 AM
Default I agree -- somewhat

Quote:
I agree with why is Costco such a huge topic.
But, we currently have memberships to Costco and Sams Club and we do save enough money to easily pay the membership fees a few times over. Keep in mind, just because it's at one of the huge membership stores, it's not always the best deal. With Costco, we pay for our membership just with our annual eyeglass purchase alone.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It’s always about supply and demand. 30 years ago there probably wasn’t a demand and many big box retailers didn’t exist in those days and if they did....weren’t siting in areas like that. Things evolve. You can bet the larger chains...using existing marketing, would site on every block if the demand is there. Middleton will be primed for a commercial component just based on the demo it will serve. It’s not going to take decades for those needs to be met
What DID NOT exist years ago near Spanish Springs and Sumter were major thouroughfares. 301 and 466 were NOT heavily travelled like they are today. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Middleton will NOT be heavily travelled until construction on remaining vacant land is complete. A major box store will not be interested until this happens. Right now, all the Developer has is a promise to complete. Anything can happen between now and then. Major commercial will not risk their money on a promise.
Old 04-24-2024, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
What DID NOT exist years ago near Spanish Springs and Sumter were major thouroughfares. 301 and 466 were NOT heavily travelled like they are today. NOT EVEN CLOSE. Middleton will NOT be heavily travelled until construction on remaining vacant land is complete. A major box store will not be interested until this happens. Right now, all the Developer has is a promise to complete. Anything can happen between now and then. Major commercial will not risk their money on a promise.
I'll bet you a 400ct. box of Rice Krispie treats from Costco....that it happens quicker than '30 years'!

Tags
true, costco, lobby, hobby, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.