Turning across traffic from the cart lane.

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Default Re: Turning across traffic from the cart lane.

I agree with you totally. I don't for one minute think that my being a defensive driver will save every idiot who is not paying attention to "the moment". There are people on cell phones and others who are ablivious to their surroundings. They are thinking of everything other than their driving. I've been guilty of that a time or two myself. Please don't misunderstand, I've done and said a few things myself to stupid drivers. My post, I think, was to remind myself that in a golf cart environment one should always expect the golf cart driver to do something stupid whether a newbie or a croaker. No pun intended. Imagine having to live with yourself if through no fault of your own an irresponsible driver pulls out in front of you and you kill him or her. There are a lot of people who should not be driving those carts until they are very familiar with the area, myself included. I know you were referring to residents who have been driving for quite some time. Unfortunately, there is little any of us can do to make these people more responsible and more aware. Take care
Old 04-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Turning across traffic from the cart lane.

I really wish there were a road test for golf cart drivers. Sometimes they reallly upset me. They act as though they have the right of way and those of us in cars are morons!!!!!!! Part of the problem is that some of the golf cart drivers have never driven a car and never had a driver's license. They have not learned the rules of the road, etc.

Maybe the sherrif's departments should get together and develop a road test for golf carts.

Every week you read of "unidentified" golf cart driver either medivaced, killed or transported to local hospital due to a single vehicle accident or an accident involving a car. We need to teach these good folks the rules of the road!!!! crap

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.