Turnpike noise by Southern Oaks

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2022, 01:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Unfortunately this forum has become a form of geriatric day care. Some people spend the better part of their day online and have to come up with something to post.
I take turns posting on TOTV and playing Rummikub on my iPad. Talk about addicting! Holy cow.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I take turns posting on TOTV and playing Rummikub on my iPad. Talk about addicting! Holy cow.
I program on my computer all day everyday except for breaks for my photography addiction, and spend the time processing my photographs on the computers, so, yeah dropping in here multiple times per day is too easy and distracting - LOL!

Last edited by MartinSE; 06-29-2022 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
You keep repeating this "build ruined the reputation". Just saying it doesn't make it true. Why do you say that?

The dev's are selling houses faster than they can build them. Time on the market for any home put up to sell at market prices is typical days to a week or two. I see NO evidence that the REPUTATION of The Villages has been ruined.

If you feel the reputation is ruined, I would think you would want to sell and get out before you loose your entire investment - since obviously no one is going to buy a house in a place with a RUINED REPUTATION.

Sigh..
The area where I live is not near the Turnpike or the prison or the quarry. This location is prime and I would not consider moving. Give it several more years and we will see just how "in demand" those homes are so close to road noise, blasting and prison lights and announcements.
Old 06-29-2022, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I program on my computer all day everyday except for breaks for my photography addiction, and spend the time processing my photographs on the computers, so, year dropping in here multiple times per day is too easy and distracting - LOL!
I hear ya!
Old 06-29-2022, 02:23 PM

Living the dream south of the 44.

Last edited by Oldragbagger; 06-29-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiragirl View Post
If you buy a house near an airport....it's your fault. I cannot believe ANYONE would want to live South of 44. Small lots, small properties, and EXPENSIVE homes. I like Lake Deaton where I live.
Quote:
Why point out my negative posts? There are lots of posters complaining about the noise. That is how the reputation of The Villages is going to suffer.
Quote:
The people who bought the homes have nothing to do with the reputation of The Villages. It is the builder (Morse Family) that has, IMHO, ruined the reputation of The Villages. I have never liked seeing homes lining major roadways, even in New York and New Jersey. Now our own community has homes lining the Turnpike and I do not like it. That is just me. I'll live so don't worry about me.
Quote:
You are correct....those home built close to the Turnpike have no direct effect on me personally. But, having said that, I truly believe the entire Villages will eventually have a negative connotation because of the homes so close to the Turnpike. There have been too much complaints and requests for a buffer wall to be built. Those type of complaints did not exist before the expansion south of 44. They just didn't.The Villages reputation has already taken a "hit" with the fact that there is a prison fairly close to some of the villages and there is a quarry fairly close to some of the Villages. Those complaints did not exist when The Villages was a smaller community and did not extend below 44.
Quote:
The area where I live is not near the Turnpike or the prison or the quarry. This location is prime and I would not consider moving. Give it several more years and we will see just how "in demand" those homes are so close to road noise, blasting and prison lights and announcements.
You just don’t know when to quit, do you?
Old 06-29-2022, 04:32 PM
TOTV Moderator

I think this has more than run its course.

Closed Thread

Tags
turnpike, area, noise, oaks, southern

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.