TV to Ocala - Scenic route

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2009, 01:18 PM
Sage
Default TV to Ocala - Scenic route

Can anyone suggest a very scenic route from TV to Ocala area. I'd like to see some of the horse farms etc.

I don't care if it is a very off the path route.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM

Take 466 West across 301 it will turn into 475 A and run parallel with I-75 for a few miles, but will take you directly to SR 200 in Ocala. You will go through very pretty country and horse farms along the route especially once you get north of 484. It is about a 35 minute trip. Have fun!
Old 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Sage

East of TV you can take Griffin Ave (opposite Perkins on 441) to Hwy 25. Left on 25 (North) (past the Blue Parrot RV Park - they had a great craft fair in early February) to the top of Lake Weir (past Gator Joe's Restaurant in Ocklawaha, the town where Ma Barker and her gang lost their last shoot out with a posse).
Right on 464 (Maricamp Rd) and you come out at the corner of 17th and Hwy 441 in Ocala.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM

Some where maybe north of Ocala is John Travolta horse farm and I was told that he has a 747 jet at his farm? I have been up 301/441 and there is some very nice horse farms north part of Ocala but there must be some road to see nicer farms along the way if someone knows maybe they can tell us also.
I did not know about Ma Barker and her boys in the area

thanks, da sgt
Old 05-12-2009, 08:45 PM

Absolutly a beautiful ride. Coming from Vermont we were impressed with the beautiful and clearn well cared for ranches.

I have to ask though what is the need for the gated entrances in even some of the small homes? We live on 10 acres but would giggle to fence and gate it in this area.
Phila. PA from
Boston Ma from
Danbury CT.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Mac View Post
Some where maybe north of Ocala is John Travolta horse farm and I was told that he has a 747 jet at his farm? I have been up 301/441 and there is some very nice horse farms north part of Ocala but there must be some road to see nicer farms along the way if someone knows maybe they can tell us also.
I did not know about Ma Barker and her boys in the area

thanks, da sgt
John Travolta's home is north of Ocala in Anthony. He has a taxiway connecting to Greystone Airfield. It is clearly visible on Google Earth. Just type in "Jumbolair, Fl" and it will take you right to it. "GoogleMaps" may get you there too.
We have driven a lot of "back roads" around Ocala and have enjoyed seeing a lot of horse farms.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 PM
Eternal Member

I take 301N to 42 and left on 42. I go up to 475 and take a right at Pedro. I go up to the four way stop and take a left on 475B and follow that all the way up to Ocala. You will end up near Paddock Mall.

It is a beautiful ride and you have lots of horse farms.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Platinum member

Jumbolair ( www.jumbolair.com ) is an fly-in community where John Travolta has a house. The airstrip is extra long which allows him to land and take-off with his Boeing 707B along with his Gulfstream. It is located a few miles northeast of Ocala.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.