Is tv really paradise?

Closed Thread
Old 11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Default Is tv really paradise?

Hello tv'rs,

i'm a wannabe. I love to read all your posts. Tell me, when you say tv is paradise, what about it makes you say that?
Old 11-06-2010, 11:33 AM

No it's not paradise. There are many things that annoy people here. Wait for golf tee times, wait to get into restaurants, people driving too fast on the cart path, people driving too slow on the cart path, etc.
in paradise I would have all those annoyances eliminated.
I would get a pushbutton remote to transport the fast drivers, slow drivers and anyone in front me in line to another place.
I would always be no more that 30 seconds from a major teaching hospital like Massachusetts General Hospital.
What pushed me into the buy in TV column was when I saw a woman in her 80's come to a sports pool using a walker accompanied by an attendant.
As soon as she got near the pool 2 other women also in their 80's came out took her by the arms and encouraged her to join the class.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hello tv'rs,

i'm a wannabe. I love to read all your posts. Tell me, when you say tv is paradise, what about it makes you say that?
This place is so hard to explain to folks that haven't been here.So the word paradise is something you hear alot here.My personal preference for a description about the villages is it's Disney for adults!!You see there are so many activities ,clubs,socials etc...that if you come here boredom is not in our vocabulary. Myself I play softball 4 days a week ,pickle ball as often as I can and golf when there's time!! Or if I decide to relax at the pool and not do much else for the day I'm very happy!!Also the people who live here are so friendly .One more thing is the preferred mode of transportation here is a golf cart!!Yo can go just about anywhere ...shopping ,dancing,bowling,the doctors,etc on a golf cart.How fun is that?Come on down & see for yourself.You won't regret it!!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Default No -- But in same zip code!

Told this by veteran on first lifestyle visit -- how true!
Old 11-06-2010, 11:46 AM

Paradise is a state of mind. It means different things to different people. I think The Villages attract certain kinds of individuals. Most here have extroverted personalities and are of the adventurous nature although the introverted could find many things to do, too.

Although, if you were a miserable SOB where you live now, being here might not alter your condition.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajack View Post
Paradise is a state of mind. It means different things to different people. I think The Villages attract certain kinds of individuals. Most here have extroverted personalities and are of the adventurous nature although the introverted could find many things to do, too.

Although, if you were a miserable SOB where you live now, being here might not alter your condition.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hello tv'rs,

Tell me, when you say tv is paradise, what about it makes you say that?
We all love the huge choice of activities, the golfing, the friendly people.

But for me, it's the beauty and cleanliness. When I return to TV from away, I'm always amazed at how relaxing and serene it is. (Not talking about driving habits here). It's such a pleasure to take out the golf cart and enjoy the lovely, immaculate surroundings.

Also, TV is the only retirement community we found that allows two large dogs per family. Many allow only one dog under 25 lbs.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:09 PM

If you have always been active and want to remain so there is endless opportunity for you. If you like to lounge, relax and enjoy life without much ado then there is also endless opportunity for that lifestyle as well. The Villages is whatever you want it to be.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:50 PM

No it's not paradise........................it's a cruise ship on land.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajack View Post

Old 11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Smile This is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
No it's not paradise........................it's a cruise ship on land.
That's the best definition yet!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:53 PM

While I agree with the previous comments, I think TV is paradise. It's impossible for some to believe how great it is, until they come and experience it. There are so many different activities, that I think everyone can find things that fit them perfectly. Have you seen how many different clubs (not golf clubs!) there are?! I don't golf ( I subsidize the golfers!) but I love ballroom dancing, so that's what I focus on. Good luck making your decision!!! You are welcome here!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

"Paradise" can be so many various meanings to all. This is our "Paradise" because it brings to us so much happiness and contentment. You make it what you choose to make it.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

To me, The Villages is a paradise on earth. The grounds are so beautiful and well-kept. The plentiful rec centers and pools are clean and well-organized. People who choose to leave their hometowns to move here are adventurous and fun-loving. I've also found the people to be smart, courteous, helpful, and seeking new friends. There is such a wide variety of activities that there is something interesting for everyone. The weather is always beautiful; even when it is a hot day in mid-summer there is a light breeze. As a sky-watcher, I find the clouds amazing. The free entertainment at the squares is fun -- even if you don't dance but like to people-watch. There is so much more I could say. . . . . . I love it here.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Gold member
Default camp TV

I think it's like your parents took you to summer camp and never came back to pick you up ! It's all fun from revielle to taps.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.