Is tv really paradise?

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
Hello tv'rs,

i'm a wannabe. I love to read all your posts. Tell me, when you say tv is paradise, what about it makes you say that?
Come for a short lifestyle visit. Experience it for yourself, then you decide.

Yoda
Old 11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
No it's not paradise........................it's a cruise ship on land.
That may be the best description I have heard yet! When we were there in April we asked a snow bird from New York how he liked the Villages - his response was "What's not to like". That became our catchphrase for the rest of our visit - whenever we went anywhere or did anything we looked at each other and said "what's not to like?
Old 11-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Default Free entertainment and recreation

One of the reasons we call it "paradise" is because we don't have to pay fees/admissions every time we do something social. It's fantastic to have free live music and dancing every night on both town squares, and we don't have to pay country-club dues, minimum spending and assessments for all the beautiful executive golf courses, pools, tennis, etc. Paying the $135/month amenities fee for all this and more is a pleasure!
Old 11-17-2010, 01:32 PM
Veteran member
Default A slice of Heaven

My wife and I have been in The Villages for just over one year and we truly love it here. We have made more close friends in that short time than we had back in our home state. We have different activities during the day and at night, we like to go to Lake Sumter Landing for the entertainment. Our favs are Rocky and the Rollers, Norman Lee, and Cadillac Jack.

I love playing golf on the executive courses - it is NOT hard to get tee times. The waiting line in restaurants is NOT bad. The golf cart trails are NOT jammed. The traffic on the roads is NOT bad at all - unless you are from Cawker City, Kansas. Just about everyone is really friendly - grouches are not allowed by our deed covenants.

Lots of full time residents do not like the "snowbird" or "snowflake" season because of higher waiting times for things. I iwelcome them because it gives The Villages the extra money that I would normally be paying if the season residents did not exist.

I love sitting in my heated/air conditioned Florida Room every morning looking out on the golf course view of Fox Run while drinking my morning coffee and reading the good news in the Daily Sun.

My ammenity fee went up $1.50 for the next 12 months. It is now $136.50. Folks, be prepared for those huge increases!!

Last edited by Tbugs; 11-17-2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: forgot information to include.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Gold member
Default The Villages is a great place to live

The Villages is, indeed, a great place to live-- unless, of course, you happen to be an elk.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:29 PM

Or unless you need to work. There are no jobs here - correction - there are no jobs here that pay any real money. Otherwise, Yes, Virginia this is Paradise.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.