TV Regional Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrifats View Post
Seems to be the norm a lot of hospitals. I did 15 days in RI Hospital in providence and it was the same for hours for the nurses. I had great care but those are long hours and there were days they still was there after 12 hours doing paper work.
My wife works at the hospital here in The Villages and you are absolutely correct about the paper work. Her hours are 7a-7p and many nights she doesn't get home till 9pm or later and we only live 15 minutes from the hospital.

Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Smile Three 12-hour shifts = 40

Just another perspective - My RN friends up north chose to work three 12-hour shifts per week, which counts for 40 hours. I think hospitals started offering that option years back in order to attract nurses. I can't imagine them working more than four 12-hr shifts in a week. They are wiped out with 3.

I've heard excellent reports on neighbors' ER care here at TVRH. Several have said "the doctor could not have been better". Same thing about Leesburg. The physicians are board certified in Emergency Medicine, I've read. That is key.

I've read recently that another TVRH hospital is being built in the southern end by 466A and Buena Vista. That should relieve some of the congestion in the present ER. Older patients in the ER are often very complex--multiple systems failing, and it takes a long time to work them up. I'd go to an urgent care center if it's something minor.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:57 PM

You are correct in that hospitals start offering 12 hour shifts several years ago. In Milwaukee they started about 20+ years ago. However, there are hospitals that have a 7 day on 7 day off with each day being 12 hours. Many of the staffers get bored after 3-4 days off and work for temp help agencies picking up additional shifts. There have been several quality studies that indicate there is no reduction in service, care and or quality with the entended shifts.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:10 PM

That is comforting.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.