TV sales vs outside realtor

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Gold member
Default TV sales vs outside realtor

Why do some people list their homes for sale through an outside realtor instead of listing it through The Villages ? As far as I can tell both charge the same commission. I am not certain, but I would assume you can't do a listing with both.

From my casual unscientific observation, it appears to me that the homes listed through an outside realtor take longer to sell and sell for less. That could be totally disputed by somebody with real data but that is just what I have noticed.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Nope, you must pick one from Column A or one from Column B. Both at once is not going to stand. There is data to support sales times and prices but it is skewed by location and condition. Put the home is great condition and price it to hit a Triple instead of A Home Run and save the commission which makes it a Grand Slam.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

We sold our villa through Debbie Gentry of ReMax last January. She brought us 5 offers and in less than a month, we had sold our villa. Didn't talk to Villages realtor. Our neighbor next door to our house had his house listed with The Villages for a year.....nothing, not an offer or a request to lower the price. Debbie Gentry of ReMax sold it in 6 days. I'm not a relative of Debby's nor do I work for her or with her. I think more people are looking with outside realtors. We didn't but maybe should have.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:06 AM
Gold member

Huh?
Old 10-10-2017, 12:26 PM
Sage

From personal observations in our neck of the woods TV realtors houses for sale do not move as quickly as the resales offered by independents

Sally Love has sold several houses near us in under 30 days-on the other hand a house listed by a Villages agent has been on the market for 5 months
Old 10-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
From personal observations in our neck of the woods TV realtors houses for sale do not move as quickly as the resales offered by independents

Sally Love has sold several houses near us in under 30 days-on the other hand a house listed by a Villages agent has been on the market for 5 months
These houses are so wanted, so desirable, here in The Villages.. If you price the house right and have it clean and if you have it staged properly, it will sell right away without any agent and then you can have McLin and Burnsed close for you. They probably close more homes than most closers in this whole country. Closing cost about $750 about six years ago.

If a house is on the market here for any length of time it is dirty, priced too high has too much junk and bad colors and too many personal choices that cost money to change. Some people insist on pricing it and don't listen to a realtor OR an agent. And do not study comparables.

That is my opinion. I don't sell real estate, never have but we witnessed personal homes sold and our kids homes for a total of 12. I also like to watch what homes are selling for here, just because it is sort of a hobby.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

As I understand it the agents who work for The Villages RE sales office are licensed Florida real estate agents or brokers but they are NOT Realtors.

When I looked for a home to purchase in The Villages the Villages agent steered me toward new homes as the developer's priority is obviously to sell newly built homes. Indeed I never could get him to show me even one resale home. Existing homes are the developer's competition. I have heard the agents of TV's sales office are more highly compensated to sell new homes than they are to sell resale homes.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 PM

We used Cissy Smith of Realty Executives.. She did a great job and the house sold shortly after listing.. Check out her website.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
As I understand it the agents who work for The Villages RE sales office are licensed Florida real estate agents or brokers but they are NOT Realtors.

When I looked for a home to purchase in The Villages the Villages agent steered me toward new homes as the developer's priority is obviously to sell newly built homes. Existing homes are its competition. I have heard the agents of TV's sales office are more highly compensated to sell new homes than they are to sell resale homes.

That is not true. I asked our sales agent here who has become our friend. He showed us a lot of used homes before we decided to build our second home here and that is when I asked him. New homes and used homes are about the same price in many cases, always depending on location and view. Some people cannot be talked into a new home and that is all we have ever wanted. Love NEW homes.
Old 10-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
[/COLOR]

That is not true. I asked our sales agent here who has become our friend. That sounds like Realtor-speak.
I'd like to see that in writing from the proper person in authority before I believe it as I have verbally heard the contrary from more than one agent. A verbal comment from an agent may or may not be meaningless or misleading but I see it as carrying little or no weight.

Perhaps "incentivized" (in some fashion to sell new) would be a better descriptor...???

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-10-2017 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

When we came down this past May, our Villages realtor, Beth Pope, showed us the re-sale homes that were available that met or requirements. She then took us to Fenney, after viewing several models we walked into a spec home and boom, it was all over, much lower in price than used with a lot of extras. We are very pleased with Beth, the home, and Fenney.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Platinum member

We worked with two different Villages sales people when we purchased our homes here, neither of whom tried to steer us to new construction.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
These houses are so wanted, so desirable, here in The Villages.. If you price the house right and have it clean and if you have it staged properly, it will sell right away without any agent and then you can have McLin and Burnsed close for you. They probably close more homes than most closers in this whole country. Closing cost about $750 about six years ago.

If a house is on the market here for any length of time it is dirty, priced too high has too much junk and bad colors and too many personal choices that cost money to change. Some people insist on pricing it and don't listen to a realtor OR an agent. And do not study comparables.

That is my opinion. I don't sell real estate, never have but we witnessed personal homes sold and our kids homes for a total of 12. I also like to watch what homes are selling for here, just because it is sort of a hobby.
She's right...again! We sold and bought this way...on our own.
Old 10-10-2017, 02:56 PM
Gold member

Maybe it was just bad luck, but when I wanted help looking for an existing home in TV,
I contacted the Villages sales office, but after over a week+ and a second call with no response.
I started looking myself on Zillow, and found a property
I was interested in, contacted the ReMax agent and away we went.
Bought remotely, great agent, she was my eyes and ears.
Ended up really pleased with our purchase.
I don’t see where every home here in TV,
sells like hotcakes, since there are a lot
of homes on the market at any given time, both new and resales!
Old 10-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I'd like to see that in writing from the proper person in authority before I believe it as I have verbally heard the contrary from more than one agent. A verbal comment from an agent may or may not be meaningless or misleading but I see it as carrying little or no weight.

Perhaps "incentivized" (in some fashion to sell new) would be a better descriptor...???

incentives are in existence for new home sales vs resales....and selling in Fenny is a huge win for an agent.

straight from the horses mouth.
Closed Thread

Tags
realtor, listing, sell, homes, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.