TV: streaming of national news "live"

Old 03-03-2024, 09:32 PM
Default TV: streaming of national news "live"

Hi,
I've searched this forum, but can't find an answer.

Rental houses for past few years have had either Roku or Fire stick streaming devices.

Regardless of installed app, we can't seem to be able to watch national news (ABC, CBS, or NBC)..

we've tried to use the Spectrum app from our own account, the "local live" app, etc...but not the 6:30pm or 11pm national news live....
Old 03-03-2024, 10:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,069 Posts

The app will need to offer local channels and the account will need to have subscribed to local channels. For example, the Hulu app is capable of providing locals if the account has subscribed to the HuluLive content.

The Hulu app and the YouTube TV app are capable of providing locals. Satellite and cable providers may also have streaming services that include locals though availability might be limited outside your subscription area.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-04-2024, 09:38 AM

Try the free CBS News app. It has mostly national news all the time. Replays the regular CBS news and morning shows with about an hour delay.
Old 03-04-2024, 10:51 AM

Why would anyone watch MSM news anymore? The industry is dying, along with print newspapers. Years of lying and narrative-pushing has made them untrustworthy.

There are so many good independent news sources these days. Take advantage of them.
Old 03-04-2024, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,395 Times in 2,069 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Why would anyone watch MSM news anymore? The industry is dying, along with print newspapers. Years of lying and narrative-pushing has made them untrustworthy.

There are so many good independent news sources these days. Take advantage of them.
For example .....

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 03-04-2024, 04:17 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

I provide Hulu-plus for my renters, same as I use at home, so they get all the channels they'd get with cable, plus a ton of streaming stuff.

But if all you care about is the legacy "news" channels, Roku provides that for free. Just click the Roku channel, select "live" from the left menu, and scroll down to find NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox local (not the one you want), Reuters, Euronews, Sky News, Scripts News, NewsMax, OAN, and a few others.

I think Firestick has recently added these free news channels, too, but we switched to Roku several years ago.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:18 AM

We put a ROKU stick on our Fire Tv to get away from the incessant Amazon larded-up advertising. Fire devices have become major billboards for pushing sales ads. ROKU "live tv" is very good at providing news sources.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:58 AM

go to clickorlando.com and you can stream local CBS news
Old 03-05-2024, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post

Ain't THAT the truth! If I ever want actual news rather than just indoctrination, I go to foreign sources. Most large foreign cities have English-language newspapers available online and a lot of them, quality of writing as well as content, far outstrips what our domestic sources offer.

The days of the CBS Evening News with "Uncle Walter" Cronkite as the most trusted man in America are ancient history.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
Hi,
I've searched this forum, but can't find an answer.

Rental houses for past few years have had either Roku or Fire stick streaming devices.

Regardless of installed app, we can't seem to be able to watch national news (ABC, CBS, or NBC)..

we've tried to use the Spectrum app from our own account, the "local live" app, etc...but not the 6:30pm or 11pm national news live....
RoKu and Fire Stick are devices to access a streaming service - Xfinity, Hulu, Fubo, Sling, etc. The streaming service has what you are looking for.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:30 AM

FireStick News app provides all the news channels including Orlando News.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveone View Post
RoKu and Fire Stick are devices to access a streaming service - Xfinity, Hulu, Fubo, Sling, etc. The streaming service has what you are looking for.
Huh? Roku is a streaming platform. It needs an internet connection. It can access other streaming services, but there are tons of free content, including Roku Live TV channel.
Old 03-05-2024, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Ain't THAT the truth! If I ever want actual news rather than just indoctrination, I go to foreign sources. Most large foreign cities have English-language newspapers available online and a lot of them, quality of writing as well as content, far outstrips what our domestic sources offer.

The days of the CBS Evening News with "Uncle Walter" Cronkite as the most trusted man in America are ancient history.
so true!! if you want to know what's going on in the US, you need to read the foreign press
Old 03-05-2024, 10:26 AM

Do you really want to pay to know who got shot or run over in Orlando.
Old 03-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawabeav View Post
Do you really want to pay to know who got shot or run over in Orlando.
No, But I like to watch the local weather.

Tags
national, news, live, app, streaming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.