Is TV's getting too big?

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2018, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
A person from the South should use the Leesburg Hospital.
It's a sister hospital of TVRH and I have had excellent care there on several visits.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,530 Times in 715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Must be a lot of folks come from small cities where there is little or no traffic.

Any good restaurant anyplace will always have waits at certain times.

And most cities that have places for events like The Sharon do not build to facilitate the population size (big or small)....some will have more than one showing....like The Sharon does on some of their presentations.

As some have posted earlier in the thread....just go for a drive to similar theatres and good restaurants in Orlando or Tampa.....and when returning to TV take note the difference.

A lot of nation wide establishments that we have here would not be here if TV had topped out in population of 10 years ago.

Most of what most of us need to access on a daily basis is usually within a short distance of where we live.

Most of our home towns have much more traffic/congestion than here. Most popular businesses or entertainment venues are busy.

There are alternative times to be out and about that are not as busy.

Just think of the opportunities we all have to rub shoulders with our fellow residents when we are out and about.

There is more good that has come with the increase in size of TV than bad. However, like most issues the things some do not like get the more visibility and commentary.

Many who talk about too big would not have been happy with what TV did not have here 10-15 years ago.
Nicely said, let's not forget that the demographics and economics here in TV are much different than anywhere else. With nearly everyone being retired we have more free time to utilize activities such as the Sharron increasing the demand disproportionately compared to the actual population. The fact that most who live here in TV have also been very successful in life, are generally healthier, and there are no children to consume our financial resources makes for more discretionary income (even on a fixed income) to spend on the niceties of entertainment.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 08-20-2018, 05:30 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I don't have a problem with the traffic here even in winter. While working, I was on the road for 3-4 days a week driving through a lot of cities. Our traffic is nothing compared to most cities.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:29 AM

Need a golf cart lane on the Turnpuje
Old 08-20-2018, 07:50 AM
Sage

It’s been too big for several years!
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 08-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post

All special events are filled quicker as most places in TV were built with less population in mind.
That is a good thing. And a bad thing. And it is true most anyplace in this world.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:22 PM
Sage

I would never want to deny anyone the pleasure of living in this paradise so expansion does not bother me one bit. My perception is the people who move south of 44 will not affect other areas that much. The developer has always planned to install amenities, to keep each village happy with their respective areas.

TV is extremely well run and everything runs like clockwork.

I always think of the many people who have gone on trips and couldn't wait to get back home to TV. I know I did.

Nuff said.........

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
tvs, top, tampa, dt.pete, years-rivaling

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.