Two and a half years to connect.......

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Under Promise and Over Deliver is the plan. It will be connected sooner.
Old 09-24-2017, 08:38 AM
Gold member
Default You seem a bit ticked off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2172 View Post
Never disclosed Exercise equip additional charge $55 mo for 2 bikes and tredmill our sales liar said would be connected in 17 months
Villages biggest ripoff poor quality houses and fees for everything but breathing because they haven’t figured out how to charge for that
I do not work for the villages but did a great deal of looking at other places before buying here.

Things you may not be aware of. Real estate law is if it is not in writing it is meaningless.

Compared to other managers, there is no shortage of places where they set up a fancy office sell you a PLAN ON THE WALL which is nothing but a drawing and they sell you a very over priced lot perhaps with no electrical, water or sewer service. There is not guaranty that any of the beautyful sketches on the chart will ever be built-the non built pool, club house for that matter the home next door could turn out to be a broken motor home.

As you/we read through these posts, you will find some who think the world will stop because the golf courses are wet-we did just have a hurricane. Other complain because their garden waste, which they have given no consideration of what it would take to pick it up-ie it is not tied in to bundles. ETC-ETC-ETC-

Nothing is perfect. I for one fear the thought of the inmates running this place.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Your posts have close to the same verbiage. Did you buy a home and are not happy? Sometimes TV is not for everyone, hopefully you will settle down and start to enjoy all the amazing things around you.
But the good news is if you are not happy, your house will sell quickly, as many of us find when we need a bigger or smaller home.
Realistically......I think a resale in Fenny will loose money.....at this time anyway...... too many new homes at cheaper prices...

Maybe in the future....but a resale on the market..today...in Fenny....will lose money in realtor fees alone.

Only hope would be For sale by owner.....and even then....
Old 09-24-2017, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
Realistically......I think a resale in Fenny will loose money.....at this time anyway...... too many new homes at cheaper prices...

Maybe in the future....but a resale on the market..today...in Fenny....will lose money in realtor fees alone.

Only hope would be For sale by owner.....and even then....
I completely, (and respectfully disagree). Did you know that outside realtors can't sell NEW homes in Fenney, but the folks who live there will have NO problem selling them by posting them on TOTV.

The homes in Fenney were well priced and in a couple of years when all is attached to the "mainland", and those folks want to sell and move to larger or smaller as many of us have already done, they will make a nice amount.

I betcha. Yup. Those folks in Fenny are smart and they are lucky as well. Patience, Grasshopper. Some folks just keep hatcheting the area that people have chosen for their homes. People said the same to us, buying right close to highway 466. Nobody likes to appear stupid. Well we weren't and the Fenny folks aren't either.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I completely, (and respectfully disagree). Did you know that outside realtors can't sell NEW homes in Fenney, but the folks who live there will have NO problem selling them by posting them on TOTV.

The homes in Fenney were well priced and in a couple of years when all is attached to the "mainland", and those folks want to sell and move to larger or smaller as many of us have already done, they will make a nice amount.

I betcha. Yup. Those folks in Fenny are smart and they are lucky as well. Patience, Grasshopper. Some folks just keep hatcheting the area that people have chosen for their homes. People said the same to us, buying right close to highway 466. Nobody likes to appear stupid. Well we weren't and the Fenny folks aren't either.

listing your home in Fenny tommorrow because you were misled or changed your mind....will never gain more than you purchased it last month......

between closing costs lost and 6 percent realtor fees..and possibly bank fees.....its a loose loose....

next year maybe...tommorrow...no way...
Old 09-24-2017, 11:32 AM
Platinum member

I'm wondering about the poster who is complaining that it was... "Never disclosed Exercise equip additional charge $55 mo for 2 bikes and tredmill". If one were interested in using this equipment, wouldn't you visit one of the regional rec centers where you can see the prices? I was interested in the fitness centers when I bought and checked it out. Should every salesperson disclose that there isn't a covered pool or that not all executive courses have a par 4?
Old 09-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I'm wondering about the poster who is complaining that it was... "Never disclosed Exercise equip additional charge $55 mo for 2 bikes and tredmill". If one were interested in using this equipment, wouldn't you visit one of the regional rec centers where you can see the prices? I was interested in the fitness centers when I bought and checked it out. Should every salesperson disclose that there isn't a covered pool or that not all executive courses have a par 4?
I was on the Fenny trolley thursday with some friends thinking about buying in TV. They took us to Rohan and spoke about going threw the door marked Paradise.....
I had never been thru that door so the entire bus was waiting on gasped breath to see what was thru the door...
It was a exercise gym. The trolley conductor made such a big deal about this and neglected to mention the fees attached with the usage of this facility.

She also marveled at telling all our friends from home that by living in TV we are now members of 12 County Clubs.......she also neglected to mention that you can only eat there......you have to pay to play and you cannot use the swimming facilities unless you pay for them as well....

I do think that some times.....the whole story is not being told.....and our guests for one...had no idea until I made it clear to them......they need to know going in whats the real benefits.... TV is great and has been very fruitful to us in many ways....and we enjoy the time we spend here.....

But.....give us the good with the bad.....TV will win people over regardless.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

At any private country club, the buy in just to be a member can be as little as $10,000 up to $100,000. Plus you must spend a certain $$$ amount in the restaurant or you will be charged that amount every month. Low end is $600. You still pay caddy fees, and sometime females can only play on a certain day at a certain time. Then comes the cost of guests that can range from $200 and up for 18, plus caddie and tip. If you are not a member you can't use the restaurant, pool,or golf course.

So technically we are members of 12 country clubs, that you can go to the restaurants, and play golf for a fee. The only thing our Membership does not include is their pools.

We chose priority membership for that reason
Old 09-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Clubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
At any private country club, the buy in just to be a member can be as little as $10,000 up to $100,000. Plus you must spend a certain $$$ amount in the restaurant or you will be charged that amount every month. Low end is $600. You still pay caddy fees, and sometime females can only play on a certain day at a certain time. Then comes the cost of guests that can range from $200 and up for 18, plus caddie and tip. If you are not a member you can't use the restaurant, pool,or golf course.

So technically we are members of 12 country clubs, that you can go to the restaurants, and play golf for a fee. The only thing our Membership does not include is their pools.

We chose priority membership for that reason
Anybody can eat in the golf course restaurants and play golf. Both are open to the public.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:31 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
no.....but they should also not promote these exercise facilities without disclosing there is a fee for that....
Old 09-24-2017, 07:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Anybody can eat in the golf course restaurants and play golf. Both are open to the public.
Yep if you read the post it's in there, however pools are still membership only
Old 09-25-2017, 07:56 AM

So, what will resale values be for those 2 1/2 + years be?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvillager View Post
hopefully good....,but more than likely, till the connection.....who really knows...
Old 09-25-2017, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpvillager View Post
What will the resale value be in 2 1/2 years anywhere in TV. If you can tell me which village will yield the most profit I will invest there. But since none of us know what 2 years down the road holds, I am not going to speculate over something I have no control over.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
What we need is a shuttle service from Brownwood and/or Burnsed Rec Center. They would be 9 passenger vans pulling trailers that could hold 4 carts. Have regular service between the 2 pickup points and the Fenney golf courses. It could also be used by the Fenney residents wanting to use their own carts north of Hwy 44.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
And who will pay for that ?
Just one question Mleeja,
Sounds like a fairly major operation with 9 passenger vans pulling 4 cart trailers, and I assume a regular schedule?
Who do you propose will pay for the service?
If the answer is Amenity fees, I highly doubt it will fly.
And I doubt the Village of Fenny residents would be lining up to use the service at hefty prices.
Closed Thread

Tags
found, years, half, fenney, fox

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.