Downsize from a designer to a CYV

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2019, 11:03 AM
Default Downsize from a designer to a CYV

Like to hear from those who have, and the reasons why. I’ve heard about this a few times. Thanks.
Old 02-24-2019, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

There's just the two of us. One son & wife live abroad and the other super busy with television news. We sold the designer and downsized to a CYV, 3 br 2 baths, inside laundry. Also, we had become seasonal residents, 5 months here, 7 months elsewhere. We have plenty of space, about 1450 square feet. The lanai is enclosed, we put remote-controlled awning over the patio, the wall backs onto Tamarind Grove so our view over the wall is blue sky and trees instead of somebody else's roof. The privacy is great and the dog can meander. At 85 lbs, he probably won't be taken by a hawk. The landscaping is stone, so no worries about a lawn maintenance guy disappearing when we leave for the summer. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly. I couldn't be happier.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:12 PM
Location: Brooklyn, Staten Island, Mount Hope, NY, Villa De Laguna

I live in a CYV and it is also a designer home.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:46 AM
Gold member

Our designer home was nice but we realized privacy was important to us. Stayed a couple of years in designer and then moved into a corner lot 3/2 CYV. Lot was big enough that we added a good size pool. Life is good behind these villa walls.
Old 02-27-2019, 12:37 AM
Default Cyv

We moved from a designer home to a CYV for the following reasons.
1. My husband plays bridge and golf with the guy next door. 2. We wanted to lower our monthly payments 3. we have less cleaning and housework here. And 4, our dog can go in and out at will.

Since we moved 5 of our neighbors moved to Fenny, I was diagnosed with cancer and have to get weekly chemo and shots to rebuild my immune system. None of these were planned, but we are working around them. This would have been much harder with all the work we had in to other house.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post
1. My husband plays bridge and golf with the guy next door. 2. We wanted to lower our monthly payments 3. we have less cleaning and housework here. And 4, our dog can go in and out at will.

Since we moved 5 of our neighbors moved to Fenny, I was diagnosed with cancer and have to get weekly chemo and shots to rebuild my immune system. None of these were planned, but we are working around them. This would have been much harder with all the work we had in to other house.
Best wishes and prayers for your recovery, sallybowron.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD215 View Post
I live in a CYV and it is also a designer home.
Two separate animals.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
There's just the two of us. One son & wife live abroad and the other super busy with television news. We sold the designer and downsized to a CYV, 3 br 2 baths, inside laundry. Also, we had become seasonal residents, 5 months here, 7 months elsewhere. We have plenty of space, about 1450 square feet. The lanai is enclosed, we put remote-controlled awning over the patio, the wall backs onto Tamarind Grove so our view over the wall is blue sky and trees instead of somebody else's roof. The privacy is great and the dog can meander. At 85 lbs, he probably won't be taken by a hawk. The landscaping is stone, so no worries about a lawn maintenance guy disappearing when we leave for the summer. The people in the neighborhood are very friendly. I couldn't be happier.
Oh how we love our CYV !!! Privacy, quiet, low maint and more.
Old 02-27-2019, 09:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We were looking at designer homes but desired on a Villa. We found we could buy earlier due to price and we would have less house and yard to maintain. Also if I was to lose mt battle earlier than we hoped my wife would be better off in a smaller house. We still have 3 beds rooms and a place to park so all will be great.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallybowron View Post

Wishing you a full recovery!
Old 02-27-2019, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Depending on the designer model and the CYV model, you could be upsizing.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:05 PM

And there are the Verandas now, too. About Our Homes | The Villages
You get the walled privacy of a CYV with the yard of a Designer.

Last edited by NatureBoy; 02-27-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

We rented a designer home during the winter of 2018 if we lived here full time we’d want a designer home. Since we are seasonal residents a CYV works best, we purchased one in 2018. Low maintenance, no grass, just crushed stones and a few shrubs and the privacy we have is second to none. We don’t let our 2 small dogs out to take care of business since they won’t and want to be out on the street on a leash to do so. Go figure?

In a nutshell privacy and low maintenance.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Privacy and low maintenance. We had a patio villa while here seasonally, but when the full-time move came a few years later, we made the choice between a CYV and a designer having a few years of living here and looking around as experience. No doubt, CYV wins hands down. Corner lot, 3 bedroom - perfect Villages home for us. Best wishes.
Old 02-27-2019, 11:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Oh how we love our CYV !!! Privacy, quiet, low maint and more.
Yes, and aren't your neighbors wonderful! They keep my dog off your lawn!

Tags
i’ve, heard, times, reasons, cyv

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.