Type of Visit Advice Needed

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage
Default Type of Visit Advice Needed

I was thinking of visiting TV the third week in September and I was wondering what is the best option for me. I am not ready to buy until I sell my present home. Hopefully, that might happen soon, as an open house yielded a potential buyer,
1. Stay at the Waterfront, (is the cost high?)
2. Rent from a homeowner for a week, (is that a possibility?)
3. LSV, (second visit, the chemistry between my sales rep was not there and I would like to switch to another).
If the LSV is the best way to go? Can I request another sales rep and let them know that buying is totally contigent upon the sale of my home or should I just look on my own? I don't want to waste their time. Will a sales rep be willing to keep you informed about potential homes on sale after my visit?
I will make plans early this week as time is running short and I need to get this show on the road.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

2b
Old 08-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

2b.

I think you should do another lifestyle visit and look about on your own. Unless you request help from a sales rep they usually don't bother you.
You can certainly switch. Usually there are enough open houses that show almost every model so you really don't need a sales rep.

Good luck.

GG
Old 08-08-2010, 01:12 PM

we have made six different visits (1 lifestyle preview and 5 on our own staying at the marriott town place suites over a two year period)... love our sales rep kiernan boles...have spent time with him each visit after we have toured all the open houses on our own... he is very accomodating, no pressure what so ever and will contact us just to check in when he hasn't heard from us in a couple of months.... would recommend that you try and nail down the model you want on your own by going to as many open houses as you can, then let your rep know what you are interested in and he/she can keep an eye open for you if you aren't ready to buy just yet.... we will finally be up there next month for our second lifestyle to buy our lot with kiernan's help of course... feel like he has become a member of the family and we are finally coming home... good luck and try and enjoy the process...
Old 08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Veteran member

If you don't care for your rep, I wouldn't hesitate to change for one second. This is to important of a decision not to be comfortable. With that being said, I would do the LSV if you can. If you stay at The Waterfront Inn, I got a decent rate from AARP. Might want to check AAA also. Neither will probably match LSV though.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM
Gold member

We stayed at the Waterfront Inn in July. I bid on the room through priceline and paid 50 dollars a night
Old 08-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Sage

I think I have a pretty good idea of what I want. A 2bd/bath pre-owned villa, with little or no bond near Spanish Springs, a short golf cart ride to spend many lovely evenings. Very little or no maintenance to have more time to enjoy myself.
Robbie - Thanks for letting me know about the Marriott, as my son works for that chain of hotels and maybe I can get a decent rate through him.
Pauld315 - Tip for the Watrerfront Inn via priceline.com.
Laryb - You hit the nail on the head as I don't want to feel a moment of discomfort on something sooooooooo, (intentional, no typo), important. I am a member of AARP.
GG - good advice as always.

Thank you for responding.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:29 PM
Gold member

We did a second preview visit with a new sales rep last December. You can't beat the price and a golf cart was included.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Try http://villages4rent.com/ to find a rental. Weekly is ok. Note that one option is a map and that will tell you the names of the villages you might want to rent in.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:05 PM

2BNTV...my husband works for marriott (5 more months till retirement)... if you private message me i will be happy to walk you thru the steps to find a great friends and family rate at the town place suites... very comfortable and within walking distance to the spanish springs square...
Old 08-08-2010, 07:08 PM

What you describe as your ideal home sounds good to me. Since you are interested in pre-owned, you really should work with an MLS realtor as well as a Villages salesperson. They have 2 separate lists of homes and each can sell only from their own listings. Some MLS agents (e.g., Sally Love at Realty Executives) have websites with all of the current MLS listings, and of course The Villages lists all of their preowned homes on their website.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Sage

Hi 2BNTV,
Since you've looking to buy near SS, the SS Mariott sounds like a good plan. Definitely get an MLS Realtor and request a written agreement for him/her to represent only you as a Buyers Agent.

I agree with others about asking TV for another TV sales rep.

Hope you're house sells quickly and you find just what you are looking for in TV. You know what you want and that's a huge start.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:38 PM
Smile we had a great rep

We met Laurie Briggs when we came for a lifestyle visit in March. She wasn't pushy and seemed to know what we did and did not want. She kept us informed while we were back up north. We sold our home then came back in July to rent while we looked for either building or buying pre-owned. Thanks to her, we were able to close on a wonderful home last Friday. Now we just have to wait for our furniture and "stuff" to find us.

We did the lifestyle thing in high season and thought it was a bit pricey. If you ask on TOTV about rentals you might get a lovely place for a reasonable price. That is how we found the home we are renting in Mallory. On top of that, we have met great people at the neighborhood pool which you don't get to do on the lifestyle visit. These people have been a great source of info and we had a chance to really feel what life is like in TV.

Do request Laurie if you come, you won't be disappointed. Good luck in your search
Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
We met Laurie Briggs when we came for a lifestyle visit in March. She wasn't pushy and seemed to know what we did and did not want. She kept us informed while we were back up north. We sold our home then came back in July to rent while we looked for either building or buying pre-owned. Thanks to her, we were able to close on a wonderful home last Friday. Now we just have to wait for our furniture and "stuff" to find us.

We did the lifestyle thing in high season and thought it was a bit pricey. If you ask on TOTV about rentals you might get a lovely place for a reasonable price. That is how we found the home we are renting in Mallory. On top of that, we have met great people at the neighborhood pool which you don't get to do on the lifestyle visit. These people have been a great source of info and we had a chance to really feel what life is like in TV.

Do request Laurie if you come, you won't be disappointed. Good luck in your search
Springfield,
That's awesome. Congratulations and best wishes!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.