UNITED HEALTHCARE the UCARD for Groceries, etc

Old 02-24-2024, 01:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,107 Times in 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
I get toothpaste, dental floss, aspirin, advil, bandaids, and a variety of other products.

I don’t consider it to be a gimmick.
I see. So you chose your health insurance based on a promise to give you $250 in groceries every three months. And yet, when they actually deliver about $20 worth of toothpaste, aspirin, and bandaids, you don't consider that a "gimmick".

If anybody ever wonders why you can't see your Guadalajara-trained "doctor" without a year's advance notice, there's your answer. We don't care if we get the old-age healthcare we spent 50 years paying for -- just so long as we can have free bandaids!
Old 02-24-2024, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
My wife and I are enrolled with United Healthcare The Villages. Part of our benefit is we each get $215.00 a quarter to use at Walgreens, Publix, WinnDixie and Walmart.
With this card we can buy groceries that are considered healthy products. Which means no alcohol, sweets, etc.
The problem is at the register (Publix) after we shop for our items we are told there is no credit on the card. Even though we know we have more then enough to purchase the items.
Has anyone else have this problem and if so how did you correct it? We have activated the card on their web site so that is not the problem.
Use the U Card scanner in the app. It tells you if an item is eligible for purchase with either your OTC $$ or rewards $$ or both. It's very convenient. PS You can buy sweets like MMs etc. It's all healthy!!

Tags
card, problem, healthcare, publix, united

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.