Unscrupulous golf cart towing service

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Sage

About this company. When a car crashed into my lanai last year, FHP contacted this company to remove it from my home. I was very impressed by the care and professionalism they showed in getting a heavy tow truck into my back yard and removing the car without doing any more damage to the yard or lanai. The FHP officer told me they were one of the best companies he uses. The towing company can't assume where you want the cart sent for repair, and the repair facility will likely charge for storage until they know if/when they are to repair it.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Alot of times tow companies have contracts with law enforcement. They get all the business and tow police and rescue vehicles for free.

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 03-22-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi jhrc4: I also spent my entire career in insurance and never would I make such bold prediction as you have been making because each claim has a life if its own. Posters are right to speak up or this towing company will continue with milking the system. Posters should let county officials, police etc know that they are not happy with the charges. If the tow company contracted with the police then the police should be told what this guy is charging. Essentially what you are saying is let the insurance company deal with it which means if it gets out of hand they will just raise premiums.

It is a good thing for people to monitor health care cost, towing auto repair cost, ,etc because whether insurance pays for it or not it will cost us more in
the end. Plaintiff attorneys make it appear as if insurance companies are holding back insurance company money but in fact from the insurance companies position their are trying to be judicial spenders of policyholders premiums. In this situation if there were no insurance and this guy said fork up $500 what do you suppose the average person would do?

Personal Best Regards
OK, I will agree to a point, I am taking into account that the individual who hit the Golf Cart is in fact Insured. As far as we (I) can tell the individual was not ticketed for being uninsured.
So with that, I stand by my opinion. As you know from your career in Insurance you are well aware of USAA.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:26 AM
Veteran member

The only statement in the article regarding the "facts" of the accident is "But just three blocks from their home, their golf cart was hit by a car." Nothing in that statement can possibly lead one to determine who is at fault in this accident. For all we know the golf cart blew a stop sign. We also can't tell if either vehicle is insured. The golf cart owner had to borrow money to get the cart out of the towing facility so perhaps he didn't have collision coverage on the cart, if it is insured.

The purpose of the original poster was to make us aware of what appears to be excessive charges for towing and storage of a golf cart. From the limited information available, jumping to conclusions regarding fault and insurance coverage isn't relevant.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:42 AM
Sage

Didn't see the article. Just curious why was the cart towed to a storage facility if this occurred just 3 blocks from their home?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.