Getting PO Box

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Default Getting PO Box

We sold our house up north and if every thing goes good we should be down the first week of May. We have a lot, but may look around at some specs. The thing is we need a address for closing. We're thinking of getting a PO Box in Lady Lake, but doing it from up here. Any one done this. Any information or comments would help.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:37 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
We sold our house up north and if every thing goes good we should be down the first week of May. We have a lot, but may look around at some specs. The thing is we need a address for closing. We're thinking of getting a PO Box in Lady Lake, but doing it from up here. Any one done this. Any information or comments would help.
I would imagine that the address of the lot you'll be building on would be used at the closing and a mail box provided in your particular Village. If I were you I would contact your sales agent to be sure.

p.s. if you mean't the closing on the house you're selling, then I misunderstood your question. But I would still seek help from your TV agent. He might be able to assist or advise!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"

Last edited by skyguy79; 03-11-2011 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Addition of the p.s.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 PM

I am glad you brought this up as we will be moving down to TV as we will be passing on our sold home here in MA at the end of next month and our home in TV won't be ready yet. I figure we will have to rent for about a month or so. I also was wondering what address am I suppose to give as a forwarding address as we won't own or be living in our new home yet. I will check with our sales rep but I am sure others have encountered this situation. Good question Minnesotalyn.

Norm and Gisele
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Before we moved to TV, we opened a PO box at the post office in Fruitland Park. Just pick the post office closest to you, call them and they will take care of things for you.

Click on the link below to see all the U.S. post offices for the zip code 32162:

http://usps.whitepages.com/post_office/32162
Old 03-11-2011, 10:27 PM

I did the same as K-9 Lovers. Sold my house in NJ last year, put my stuff in storage, and rented in Bonita for 3 months before choosing and closing on my newly constructed home in TV. Based on the info on this site, I decided to rent a PO box from the Fruitland Park PO on 466A. Had all my mail from NJ forwarded there, and all my closing documents, new auto and home insurance were mailed there without any problems. As soon as I had the keys to my new house, I processed a change of address to have my mail forwarded from the PO box to my new TV address and it worked flawlessly.

By the way, I went to the Pack-N-Ship in Colony today and got a flier that they are closing that location on March 31. Not sure what happens with mail for folks who have PO boxes there, my recommendation is to get a PO box from the US Post Office.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:42 PM

Thanks you guys, great info, and thanks for the link K9. That's a big thing to get out of the way. Skyguy79, sorry I meant our house up in Mn. Maybe we'll meet some of you this summer. Mike & Linda
Old 03-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesotalyn View Post
Thanks you guys, great info, and thanks for the link K9. That's a big thing to get out of the way. Skyguy79, sorry I meant our house up in Mn. Maybe we'll meet some of you this summer. Mike & Linda
Hey... The Villages Florida No reason to apologize. If I had my thinking cap on The Villages Florida I wouldn't have made the wrong conclusion in the first place! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.