Unusual Rental Question

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Default Hpm rental

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleMN View Post
We've rented 3 times through via that website with no problem whatsover.
Know people who have used villages home town property management, no problems
Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I have not heard of any problems with private owners but have heard of several using property management companies. The company goes belly-up and has deposits for future rentals. The info and money never get forwarded to the homeowners. I remember First Village Rentals was a big one not too long ago and there was even an article in The Daily Sun about that. More recently I have heard stories about another one in Lady Lake but not sure of the name.
Now, you have me worried! See what you started Schaumburger. haha Sure wish I2ridehd could remember the name of the other property management company that's having financial problems. I just mailed a property management company a check this morning. UGH!
Old 03-11-2011, 07:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
I tried the search for the owner's name and it matches who I made the check for the security deposit out to -- Yea Rah!! Thank you for the link. Now my worrywart brain can sleep easy tonight. Kind of sad that suspiciousness crept into my mind. I guess it's just the times we live in... And I'm counting the days until July...
I did the same thing before I send thousands of dollars off in the mail.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 03-12-2011, 05:58 PM
Sage
Default Maybe try a Better Business Bureau check?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickled_pink View Post
Now, you have me worried! See what you started Schaumburger. haha Sure wish I2ridehd could remember the name of the other property management company that's having financial problems. I just mailed a property management company a check this morning. UGH!
Hello Tickled,

Didn't mean to give you an unnecessary worry about renting through a property management company. Maybe you should contact the Better Business Bureau in the TV area to see if there have been any complaints against the property management company you are renting from. Hope your rental goes well and you have a great time during your stay in TV.

All the best.
Laura from Schaumburg.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.