Using Brightline to get to Port Everglades.

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2023, 12:29 PM
Default Using Brightline to get to Port Everglades.

Going on a trans Atlantic cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale next May and thinking about using Brightline. Has anyone used Brightline to get to either Cruise Ports in FLL or Miami? I've spent an hour looking for info on the gobrightline.com site. Looks like you can pre book an Uber ride along with your train ticked to go the 4+ mile from the Ft. Lauderdale station to Port Everglades. I also see that you need to pay $25 per large suitcase if you plan to bring one. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2023, 03:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina&Bill View Post
Going on a trans Atlantic cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale next May and thinking about using Brightline. Has anyone used Brightline to get to either Cruise Ports in FLL or Miami? I've spent an hour looking for info on the gobrightline.com site. Looks like you can pre book an Uber ride along with your train ticked to go the 4+ mile from the Ft. Lauderdale station to Port Everglades. I also see that you need to pay $25 per large suitcase if you plan to bring one. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Used it to go to Miami from West Palm Beach in 2019. Great service and it was close to the port. Will be more expensive than if you take your own car. Parking is good at the Fort Lauderdale port.
Old 11-23-2023, 05:32 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Cruiseexpress.com. Yankee trails option

Ft. Lauderdale Cruise Express

Departure Info:
The Cruise Express Parking (13731 US 441, Lady Lake, FL 32159) - 6:30am
*Plantation Plaza (5327 US Highway 27 South, Leesburg, FL 34748) - 7:10am
*Port St. Lucie - Fort Pierce Service Plaza - Mile Marker 144 on Florida Turnpike - 9:30am

*Parking is not available at these locations. They are are pick up/drop off only*
Return Information:
The bus will depart the pier between 9:30-10:00am. Please try to be off the ship and ready with baggage by 9:30am. One short rest stop will be made each way.
Old 11-23-2023, 06:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We have looked into it to get from TV to Port Everglades but it is quite expensive (even without the baggage charge) and by the time you add on the cost to get to MCO and the ride to the port it makes Cruise Express the clear winner.

However, we are coming back the other way in mid-May, when Cruise Express is no longer running, so we'll then be comparing Brightline with a flight. Or maybe a one-way car rental would be best, although we don't relish driving that far.
Old 11-23-2023, 09:53 PM

We've done several one way cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and have found that the best way to get down there is to rent a car from Budget in Leesburg. We drive down the day before, stay over one night and then return the car to the Budget office on Miami Rd in Ft. Lauderdale. They will then shuttle you to the cruise port. I think rates are very reasonable for a one day rental. If you're an AARP member, use the discount for your rental.
Old 11-24-2023, 05:59 AM

Quote:
We are taking a transatlantic cruise in April and looked at options, of using the brightline also but found it expensive. We checked into using Enterprise car rental in Lake Sumpter Landing and found it is the best way to go. Pick up car the day before pack it leave the next morning. Port is about 2 miles from car rental. When we return we fly into Orlando and pickup car at airport. We thought of using Groom but if plain is late it can be a hassle to get a return to the Villages.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:40 AM

We are using Brightline for our January cruise. We'll park in offsite parking at MCO, take the train to Ft Lauderdale, Uber to the cruise terminal. We are returning from San Diego. We will fly back to MCO. Cost is a little high but this works best for us.
Cost: Brightline $118 (Black Friday rate), Parking about $250 (15 days). Uber to the port $25. I know there are less expensive ways but this is what works for us.

I'll give feedback on Brightline when we return.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwk1101 View Post
We are using Brightline for our January cruise. We'll park in offsite parking at MCO, take the train to Ft Lauderdale, Uber to the cruise terminal. We are returning from San Diego. We will fly back to MCO. Cost is a little high but this works best for us.
Cost: Brightline $118 (Black Friday rate), Parking about $250 (15 days). Uber to the port $25. I know there are less expensive ways but this is what works for us.

I'll give feedback on Brightline when we return.
I don't know if your off airport parking is covered or not but if not you should consider On Air Parking Find your local airport and reserve the cheapest airport parking through On Air Parking. We guarantee the lowest rates with the most professional facilities. Free shuttles and cancellations are always included. Book now! which is open parking and despite the name also off airport. They use some of the same lots you can find on your own but at deep discounts with free cancellation reservations.
The lots provide shuttle to MCO. You will probably find you can park for about one-fifth of the cost you mentioned. I have used them many times flying out of and into Orlando.
Old 11-25-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
We've done several one way cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale and have found that the best way to get down there is to rent a car from Budget in Leesburg. We drive down the day before, stay over one night and then return the car to the Budget office on Miami Rd in Ft. Lauderdale. They will then shuttle you to the cruise port. I think rates are very reasonable for a one day rental. If you're an AARP member, use the discount for your rental.
We did that for a Panama Canal cruise. Rented a car in the Villages and drove to Ft Lauderdale. Uber to the cruise terminal, then flight to MCO from LA at cruise end and Village Van service to our door.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:32 AM

Found out you can rent a car one way and turn it in at Fort Lauderdale or Miami. Many Enterprise rental companies in the area. Pick the one that is closest to the cruise port. Got a quote for $99.
Old 11-25-2023, 07:39 AM

Doesn't Brightline provide an UBER at both ends, up yo 25 miles?
Old 11-25-2023, 07:44 AM
Default Brightline

Quote:
Go Brightline on Facebook I read few people opinions very good. In Search put ..
Old 11-25-2023, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I hope you crack the nut on this. There are cheaper ways but I’m not sure there are any cooler ways to do it. Brightline for the win!
Old 11-25-2023, 09:54 AM

We just booked a bus ride to the port through Yankee Trails in TV. We booked round trip and it worked out great! They take you and pick you up at the port!
Old 11-25-2023, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pklein9747 View Post
Yankee Trails is $140 per person round trip. You don't have to rent a car, drive down there, and rent a hotel. This is a much better way to start your vacation.
The Cruise Express
Closed Thread

Tags
brightline, cruise, lauderdale, info, everglades

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.