VA disability ratings

Old 05-04-2024, 07:19 AM
Veteran member
Default VA disability ratings

As I posted recently I went from 0 per cent to 30 per cent after re applying for compensation. Decision came quickly, just one week after my exams. Sumter veterans officer said I should appeal for a higher rating, especially for hearing loss and tinnitus, ringing in the ears. He must of known something because I got another 20 per cent and have hypertension and hypothyroidism exams to go yet. So if you have severe hearing loss, I would urge you to re apply.
Old 05-04-2024, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN View Post
As I posted recently I went from 0 per cent to 30 per cent after re applying for compensation. Decision came quickly, just one week after my exams. Sumter veterans officer said I should appeal for a higher rating, especially for hearing loss and tinnitus, ringing in the ears. He must of known something because I got another 20 per cent and have hypertension and hypothyroidism exams to go yet. So if you have severe hearing loss, I would urge you to re apply.
Are you sure that you got 30% VA disability compensation for just the hearing loss and tinnitus? I've been getting 10% for that same thing for perhaps 40 years. An increase to 30% would be nice.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

No I got 30er cent for prostate cancer mental aspects. 20 per cent hearing loss and 10 per cent tinnitus which they must combine because that would be 60 per cent. Sorry for the confusion.

Tags
cent, exams, hearing, loss, ears

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.