Vacant lots in Silver Lake?

Old 04-18-2024, 07:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,561 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernrider75 View Post
Why is it any different than building a house on a lot you bought anywhere else?
It’s not. This is just everyone’s personal opinions
Old 04-18-2024, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
Can the buyer replace the old mobile home with a manufactured home?
Yes, and in fact there are many double-wides here that are on properties that used to have single-wides.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,073 Times in 537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yes, and in fact there are many double-wides here that are on properties that used to have single-wides.
That would eliminate any concerns with builders.
Old 04-18-2024, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
As I understand it, if you buy one of the vacant lots, you need to contract with the developer if you want to build a new house. You cannot hire another builder. I would be hesitant to actually take ownership of a vacant lot due to liability while the lot is vacant and/or under construction. I would rather have the developer own the lot until the house is constructed and is ready to be occupied.
So someone couldn't buy land as an investment? What a scam!
Old 04-18-2024, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,755 Times in 5,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robojo View Post
So someone couldn't buy land as an investment? What a scam!
Most people who buy a small housing lot as an investment lose money.
Old 04-18-2024, 11:16 AM

This isn't brain surgery. Take a ride around the Historic District. New homes are easy to spot. Old homes are even easier to spot. I would go up and ring a few doorbells. Introduce yourself and ask for any advice they can offer. Your best bet is to have a new home built, by whomever, than to buy a renovated double wide that is from the 1980's.
Old 04-18-2024, 01:59 PM
Default Uninsurable?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsPete View Post
"What happened to the dwellings? Who removed them? Why?
I was a Realtor in CT a few decades ago and one of the issues with older mobile homes was that the insurance companies would NOT insure them after a certain age and condition. In addition, it was difficult to secure financing for them. They were treated almost as a motor vehicle for financing purposes - instead of allowing mortgages. I've no idea if this still holds, nor whether FL did/does the same thing, but it's a possible explanation.
Old 04-18-2024, 02:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LianneMigiano View Post
I was a Realtor in CT a few decades ago and one of the issues with older mobile homes was that the insurance companies would NOT insure them after a certain age and condition. In addition, it was difficult to secure financing for them. They were treated almost as a motor vehicle for financing purposes - instead of allowing mortgages. I've no idea if this still holds, nor whether FL did/does the same thing, but it's a possible explanation.

Manufactured homes, in good condition, have value and there are a couple of companies that will insure the ones in The Villages. Ours is insured. It's a special type of insurance, it's not normal homeowners' or property insurance, has a high deductible and low pay-out if the dwelling isn't reparable.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:35 AM

Not true. You can contract with an outside contractor. But, judging from what I've seen in the silver lake area, The Villages contractors build much faster. Ive seen builds up to a year. We used The Villages and the house was complete in three months.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgodin View Post
Not true. You can contract with an outside contractor. But, judging from what I've seen in the silver lake area, The Villages contractors build much faster. Ive seen builds up to a year. We used The Villages and the house was complete in three months.
The Villages contractors work faster because of the contracts they have with The Villages. If you hire them privately, they might or might not be as fast.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,101 Times in 2,756 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The Villages contractors work faster because of the contracts they have with The Villages. If you hire them privately, they might or might not be as fast.
When the Village’s tells their contractors to jump, they say how high. But don’t necessarily confuse fast with quality.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUCdaze View Post
This isn't brain surgery. Take a ride around the Historic District. New homes are easy to spot. Old homes are even easier to spot. I would go up and ring a few doorbells. Introduce yourself and ask for any advice they can offer. Your best bet is to have a new home built, by whomever, than to buy a renovated double wide that is from the 1980's.
You can easily go to the county property appraiser website. Enter address of a newer slab home or manufactured home. There is a section on the website for "permits" you can look (depending on the county site) at the permit info for the home placed on an old home site. Some counties show a copy of the actual documents that were submitted, names included ie builder, electricians, ac companies etc. who pulled the permit. Just takes a little bit of "let your fingers do the walking" research and you find all the answers you might want ie: T V Developer or outside of T V builder company info.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
When the Village’s tells their contractors to jump, they say how high. But don’t necessarily confuse fast with quality.
T V has set house models all in place. It may be that you would have to pick from their approved models same as the new section of T V. The fact that they are pre designed and they build them all the time makes the process faster as well. TV is a well oiled machine in every aspect hense "The Bubble."
Old 04-19-2024, 03:38 PM
Default Developer selling lots

Sorry the developer stopped buying old homes around summer 2019. Previously they would buy homes, sell for salvage then sell the lot with a building contract. That’s what I did in 2018. However, they sent that crew down south. Now its private contractors or lot owners doing the work.

QUOTE=retiredguy123;2322461]The developer has been buying older houses for years, tearing them down, and building new houses. I think they pay about $65K for an old, manufactured house in The Villages.[/QUOTE]

Tags
vacant, silver, lake, lots, drone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.