VCDD & Citizens Bank

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
You can pay everything electronically without doing auto payments at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. Some companies are starting to require auto pay. For example, two companies are Xfinity Mobile and Dean's Landscaping. I had a conversation with the Dean's manager, where I offered to use their service, if they would bill me monthly. He told me that the only way they would do business with me was to provide a credit card that they could bill automatically. I told him that I would use another company.

The only way to get the Xfinity Mobile cell phone service is to sign up for auto pay. They will not bill you.
Allow me to rephrase…

_I_ can pay everything electronically without doing auto payments at all.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:08 AM

That is because of the fees credit card company uses. Has nothing to do with state of Florida. That charge is everywhere. Simply a cost of doing business.
Old 07-31-2021, 05:19 AM

Suggest you move somewhere else and take your entitled attitude with you. Most of us really enjoy living here...
Old 07-31-2021, 05:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
You can pay everything electronically without doing auto payments at all.
Never mentioned that I didn’t use online banking. My last set of checks were ordered in 1999, and I still have extra.
Just stated all bills are paperless. However Deans does not allow any billing, I don’t allow them access to my bank. Paid through Amex, if it’s wrong, Amex takes care of it in minutes
Old 07-31-2021, 06:12 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwntrstn View Post
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
Been doing it with BB&T for years. Also, have some autompays on a credit card. Theres several ways to do it
Old 07-31-2021, 06:16 AM
Default Entitled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
OP just moved here and complaining already.

Typical....moved to TV and is entitled
Entitled? Never in my life. Moved here to help my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s. Thought I would get support and good health care.

Citizens teller told me to be sure to check because the auto draft program doesn’t work well. TELLER told me that!

Yes, I am complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here for sure.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:19 AM

Use CC for most auto-pays. Then if any problems you can always dispute payment. Use a cash back card that offsets most if not all transaction fees the company charge
Old 07-31-2021, 06:19 AM

We owed $3 to Mass. toll roads and their drive thru camera's which was fine. Their site wanted $3.99 to put on credit card but the bank transaction was free. If you want to put your taxes on a credit card and you pay you bill in total that's not a bad deal but look out for late fees and interest if you don't.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. Some companies are starting to require auto pay. For example, two companies are Xfinity Mobile and Dean's Landscaping. I had a conversation with the Dean's manager, where I offered to use their service, if they would bill me monthly. He told me that the only way they would do business with me was to provide a credit card that they could bill automatically. I told him that I would use another company.

The only way to get the Xfinity Mobile cell phone service is to sign up for auto pay. They will not bill you.
Same here. Deans lost a customer because they refused to bill me monthly and refused to even let me pay monthly with my credit unions online bill pay.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:36 AM

My VCDD is auto deducted but we stay away from Citizens Bank. We stay away from The Villagers owned companies to give business to the competitors whether its banking, insurance etc.

Last edited by Bridget Staunton; 07-31-2021 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:40 AM
Default Citizen Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwntrstn View Post
Entitled? Never in my life. Moved here to help my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s. Thought I would get support and good health care.

Citizens teller told me to be sure to check because the auto draft program doesn’t work well. TELLER told me that!

Yes, I am complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here for sure.
We moved here several years ago. At that time we set up our checking with Citizens Bank. They even helped us set up our payments by automatic check for Homeowner fees, electric, and gas. Their customer service is their strength.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

We use Citizens, my only complaint is that they send a physical statement, I get the electronic version but can't stop the paper version.
Old 07-31-2021, 06:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
We use Citizens, my only complaint is that they send a physical statement, I get the electronic version but can't stop the paper version.
Same with Leesburg Electric. I receive the electronic bill by email, I pay it, and then they still send me a paper bill in the mail.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:01 AM

Love Citizens “Bill Pay”! Never had a problem in 7 years.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:06 AM

What? I moved here with my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s for support and health care. I have never been entitled in my life. Worked for everything I have. Yes, I’m complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here.
Closed Thread

Tags
vcdd, bank, districtgov, didn’t, ticked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.