VCDD & Citizens Bank

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 07:18 AM

Simple. Change banks.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:21 AM

I can understand that because billing people does not guarantee that they will pay. Companies don't want to go through the aggravation and expense of billing, rebilling, reminders, collection agencies, etc. Too many deadbeats out there.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwntrstn View Post
Entitled? Never in my life. Moved here to help my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s. Thought I would get support and good health care.

Citizens teller told me to be sure to check because the auto draft program doesn’t work well. TELLER told me that!

Yes, I am complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here for sure.
I am very sorry you are getting such rude responses to your post. Every time I read the world entitled I cringe.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:27 AM

All my bills are set for bank to autopay on a specific date of the month. Have lived here 13 years and always pay that way. No problems.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
We use Citizens, my only complaint is that they send a physical statement, I get the electronic version but can't stop the paper version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Same with Leesburg Electric. I receive the electronic bill by email, I pay it, and then they still send me a paper bill in the mail.
Seco is the same, email and paper. I was told by Seco the reason for continuing with paper was there are problems with customers not getting the email. Then their bill was late adding a late fee. So paper will continue to come, as does Citizens. With all my other banks I can print all my tax info, Citizens didn’t have that ability. North Sumter and Central Sumter just email no paper.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:39 AM
Default ???

Quote:
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
I have lived here 8 years...the check stubs in my checkbook are all either to my church or to my hairdresser!! Everything else is taken care of on line!
Old 07-31-2021, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Seco is the same, email and paper. I was told by Seco the reason for continuing with paper was there are problems with customers not getting the email. Then their bill was late adding a late fee. So paper will continue to come, as does Citizens. With all my other banks I can print all my tax info, Citizens didn’t have that ability. North Sumter and Central Sumter just email no paper.
Interesting. We've been with Seco since 2011 and have never gotten a paper bill. It has always been just by email.

The only thing paper we get is a mortgage bill and bank statement from Citizen's, an account we don't use but had to open when we closed on the current house. Citizen's people are very kind and helpful, but the bank itself just won't march into the 21st century.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:52 AM

Hey it's better than it used to be, believe it or not. It used to be that you could only get the monthly VCDD bill by mail. They, not too many years ago, finally developed the option of getting email bills. But still, you have to go into the online Citizens banking to set it up for payment.
I don't trust allowing billing entities to have access to my bank account so I've tried to get the billing entities to send electronic billings to the bank so the bank could set them up for payment. The only one that would do that is SECO. So, if I travel for any period longer than a couple of weeks, I go into online banking and set up payments that exceed normal amounts to be sure I don't get penalized. You would think that if it can be done for SECO, that all monthly billing entities could do it. Aggravating and frustrating.
Old 07-31-2021, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
What gets me is that they use a third-party company to handle their credit card transactions, and you have to pay a fee over and above whatever you pay for a drivers' license, any kinds of permits, or even pay your taxes if you use a credit card.

They nickel and dime you to death, but proclaim proudly that they're a low-tax state.

Gimme a break.
What I like the best is they call it a "convivence fee" for doing them the favor of directly depositing money in their account so they don't have to go to the expense of mailing you a bill and processing your return mail and check, so you pay for the privilege of saving them money
Old 07-31-2021, 08:00 AM

We have Xfinity internet and they gave us $10 off our monthly bill if we use auto credit card pay. For google and Amazon streaming, we had to do the same but no discount.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
What gets me is that they use a third-party company to handle their credit card transactions, and you have to pay a fee over and above whatever you pay for a drivers' license, any kinds of permits, or even pay your taxes if you use a credit card.

They nickel and dime you to death, but proclaim proudly that they're a low-tax state.

Gimme a break.
Who are "they"?

Recently I have come to think of myself as a Floridian....Well mostly. It takes a while and then, one day...........you are whistling Dixie.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
Always autodeduct everything, as my software engineer son always says, user error.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman1951 View Post
We have Xfinity internet and they gave us $10 off our monthly bill if we use auto credit card pay. For google and Amazon streaming, we had to do the same but no discount.
They call it a discount, but I call it charging more to customers who don't use auto-pay.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Do not listen to the snarky. I have been paperless for years with auto deduct, either through checking or credit card. Works like a dream. Make certain there are no errors in your attempts and speak to the bank or banks you are interested in to make it happen. Most utilities do not allow charge cards and give you an incentive to do paperless, which I gladly accept.
Old 07-31-2021, 08:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I don't write checks for any of my services in The Villages. VCDD, Duke, Dish, Deans, and Century Link are set up for ACH or credit card payments and everyone else is set up on my checking account for monthly auto-payments.

Tags
vcdd, bank, districtgov, didn’t, ticked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.