VCDD & Citizens Bank

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 08:24 AM
Default Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
Satisfied Citizens Bank customer here. Everything electronic. No checks.
Very happy with Citizens Bank. Everything is auto deducted.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwntrstn View Post
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
The only checks I write are for my maid service. Occasionally I write one for other services, house power wash/tile or carpet cleaning because they charge extra to use credit card. EVERYTHING else is auto pay via bank. I have USAA and citizens as back up for cashing checks if need to rather than depositing.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
OP just moved here and complaining already.

Typical....moved to TV and is entitled
That's so funny....that's exactly what I was thinking.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:11 AM

All our utilities are auto pay through our Citizens Acct. Never have had a problem.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Moved to TV and have to start writing checks again!? Can’t these establishments get with the century and auto deduct?
Set it up for VCDD on districtgov but didn’t take! Now have late fee….I’m ticked off. Same with Citizen’s Bank. Really people?
It’s you. Everything was done before I even closed. You did it wrong. If you bank with citizens that’s on you. You’ll enjoy traveling out of state and having to get permission to use your ATM card and limit you how much you can take out. When I sold my house this week the money was in my account before I left the congested roads. That is a credit union in up north efficient and accommodating. Even moved my money to higher interest rate account because they look out for customers!
Old 07-31-2021, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Not true. Some companies are starting to require auto pay. For example, two companies are Xfinity Mobile and Dean's Landscaping. I had a conversation with the Dean's manager, where I offered to use their service, if they would bill me monthly. He told me that the only way they would do business with me was to provide a credit card that they could bill automatically. I told him that I would use another company.

The only way to get the Xfinity Mobile cell phone service is to sign up for auto pay. They will not bill you.
Both of these companies are part of the problem. In fact all of them. When they cheat you the credit card company will not help you resolve. No contracts no account number on file - they do it anyway - I’m leaving and the last thing I will do it get new account numbers issued. Fraud here is staggering.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
OP just moved here and complaining already.

Typical....moved to TV and is entitled
Shame on you ! This person has a lot of her plate you don’t know about !! One thing I noticed when I came here is no one ever takes a few minutes offers a here how it works here packet -welcome whatever. It’s part of the massive growth and the slogan friendliest hometown is a joke on many levels. I’m glad to leave and perhaps she’ll leave too after she gets snubbed !
Old 07-31-2021, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,729 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
The only checks I write are for my maid service. Occasionally I write one for other services, house power wash/tile or carpet cleaning because they charge extra to use credit card. EVERYTHING else is auto pay via bank. I have USAA and citizens as back up for cashing checks if need to rather than depositing.
Have you considered using the Zelle app to pay the maid and others? Most banks, including Citizens First and USAA, allow you to enroll with Zelle from their online website or their mobile app. Then, you can send money instantly to an email address or smart phone for free. I just started using it, and I think it is often better than writing personal checks. It is especially good for sending money to someone out-of-town. You are limited to sending $1,000 per day or $5,000 per 30 days.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:34 AM

I’m with SunTrust and the only check I write is to my hairdresser. They do it all.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
That's a bit harsh. I would suggest "technochallenged" would be more likely.
Yes, and posting a laughing emoji isn't nice either. Whatever went wrong for him, he is frustrated and now has to pay a late fee. I'd be ****ed also. If you don't have a helpful suggestion, your always sarcastic input is not necessary.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:44 AM

This is the reason I never banked with them. All of my bills are auto paid each month.
Old 07-31-2021, 09:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Entitled? Never in my life. Moved here to help my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s. Thought I would get support and good health care.

Citizens teller told me to be sure to check because the auto draft program doesn’t work well. TELLER told me that!

Yes, I am complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here for sure.
I'm sorry you have to read all this unnecessary junk from certain posters here. Most of the people in TV try to help, and others get their jollies at the expense of another's feelings or bad luck. Little do they know how totally unattractive it is....ya know, they're the ones that people slowly move away from at a party.lol
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get this straightened out..most banks will drop the fee if you ask.
Enjoy your new adventure.

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 07-31-2021 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-31-2021, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRMACK55 View Post
Shame on you ! This person has a lot of her plate you don’t know about !! One thing I noticed when I came here is no one ever takes a few minutes offers a here how it works here packet -welcome whatever. It’s part of the massive growth and the slogan friendliest hometown is a joke on many levels. I’m glad to leave and perhaps she’ll leave too after she gets snubbed !
So where did you find the perfect place?
Old 07-31-2021, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Entitled? Never in my life. Moved here to help my 68 year old husband who has Alzheimer’s. Thought I would get support and good health care.

Citizens teller told me to be sure to check because the auto draft program doesn’t work well. TELLER told me that!

Yes, I am complaining and sadly beginning to regret my move here for sure.
Switch to Chase. No problems for 30 years now, in Chicago and here.
Old 07-31-2021, 10:29 AM

Go in tp your bank’s website and pay all your bills from there. No need to write any checks
Closed Thread

Tags
vcdd, bank, districtgov, didn’t, ticked

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.