Vehicle Commercials on TV

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2021, 09:20 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I love Subaru commercials...... the Golden Retriever family driving around makes me happy, their new "Underdog" campaign makes me cry. I also love commercials with the Budweiser Clydesdales.
Old 10-19-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I love Subaru commercials...... the Golden Retriever family driving around makes me happy, their new "Underdog" campaign makes me cry. I also love commercials with the Budweiser Clydesdales.
Yes, we could watch the Subaru Golden Retriever commercials all day! It's a nice bonus that they make really good cars
Old 10-19-2021, 10:42 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

I get a kick out of seeing a Lincoln or Cadillac 4x4. All it says is look at me.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
After watching Saturday Night Live last weekend with my wife, we both said to each other, did that show go totally downhill or are we just getting old. We concluded the show, as well as the guest musician, totally sucked. Comedy and political correctness simply don’t mix.
oh yes tv was much better in the old day, when you saw few people of color , and no gay people at all on tv shows or ads , and gee our old LaSale ran great and they’ll never be a man like Herbert Hoover again , change is here , you life changes all the time why not change with it , all new ways are not always bad
Old 10-19-2021, 12:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
I feel I need to vent here and wonder a "What the hell is going on out there in my old age?"

Why do we need to watch all those trucks and cars tear up our National Landscape in those TV commercials????

I'm sure there are animals/insects/birds that are near extinction out there and they take
$40,000 to $90,000 vehicles kicking up the dust and tearing through our rivers and water sheds.

Let me ask this: "When you look for a new replacement vehicle do those commercials
impress you to buy one"?

I'm be taking my meds now.

Call Dan Newlin, Esq.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:20 PM
Veteran member

Some of the outdoor scenes in those commercials are computer generated. In some cases, it's cheaper than transporting the vehicles, support crews, and an entire film crew to some exotic location just to kick up some dust and mud to excite the juveniles.
BTW, I exhale carbon dioxide, not carbon monoxide.

Last edited by Joe C.; 10-19-2021 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Additional comment
Old 10-19-2021, 04:35 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
oh yes tv was much better in the old day, when you saw few people of color , and no gay people at all on tv shows or ads , and gee our old LaSale ran great and they’ll never be a man like Herbert Hoover again , change is here , you life changes all the time why not change with it , all new ways are not always bad
In other words you wish everything was white your living your dream in a salt shaker with a few pieces of pepper, welcome to The Villages.
Old 10-19-2021, 04:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
In other words you wish everything was white your living your dream in a salt shaker with a few pieces of pepper, welcome to The Villages.
having written a few different posts and gotten some answers I have to say sarcasm is dead on this site , please read my reply to the person who wrote about Saturday night live
Old 10-19-2021, 09:27 PM

The Medicare commercials are the worst. Joe Namath, JJ Walker, OMG!
Old 10-20-2021, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
I feel I need to vent here and wonder a "What the hell is going on out there in my old age?"

Why do we need to watch all those trucks and cars tear up our National Landscape in those TV commercials????

I'm sure there are animals/insects/birds that are near extinction out there and they take
$40,000 to $90,000 vehicles kicking up the dust and tearing through our rivers and water sheds.

Let me ask this: "When you look for a new replacement vehicle do those commercials
impress you to buy one"?

I assume you are objecting to SUVs. What they are selling is an image, a lie. Leather seating, air conditioning, soft road suspension does not make a car that does well off road. If, you have a dirty jeep, land-rover, international etc your neighbors would be screaming.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
In many things we buy an image often not TRUTH. Budweiser an American brewer has recently combined with InBev a Belgian-Brazilian brewer making it the largest brewer in the world. Clydesdales are huge Scottish draft horses Horse power? I probably should look it up. I seem to recall a Clydesdale is twice as powerful as whatever a standard horse is. I expect you cannot bring a horse into the villages none are toilet trained.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
having written a few different posts and gotten some answers I have to say sarcasm is dead on this site , please read my reply to the person who wrote about Saturday night live
Re: sarcasm etc.
People seem to forget that readers do not see you and do not know you. The reason why it does not work. Clearly, it does not work.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbird45 View Post
I worked on a commercial for one of the many kitchen cleaners. They were using a curry mix on a range hood to simulate grease, after a number of takes the curry started to stain the hood and there was no way this product was going to remove that. We broke for lunch and when we returned the hood was as white as snow and you could also smell the paint spay in the air. This is illegal, but that how it goes.
It is NOT illegal. Advertising is an image not reality. There is a company in NYC that supplies the best fake ice cubes for photography. After you set up the shot, you do not want real ice to melt. Software permits you to adjust contrast. A camera with tilts and swings permits you to adjust perspective. Choice of lens and lighting can either take weight off the model or put it on. Stars? Some of the one that fans swoon over are in reality spoiled trash.
Old 10-20-2021, 10:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
I assume you are objecting to SUVs.
NO....I object to the way their driven in those commercials that's stupid.
I got a SUV sitting in the garage and like it.
Old 10-20-2021, 11:37 AM
Default Lexus commercial

Quote:

impress you to buy one"?

I especially hate the Lexus commercial with a group of girls standing in a circle flinging their long hair around. What does that have to do with buying a car? NOTHING
Closed Thread

Tags
commercials, vehicle, tearing, dust, kicking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.