Very Blue house for sale

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
...AL......... please go to OP (origional post) ( #1)

Quirky included the picture.....Simply CLICK ON the BLUE
wording that says "Properties of the Villages"

You may need sunglasses....
but IMHO that house SCREAMS "Flora-DUH"

...I actually LIKE the, shall we say, "whimsical" nature of the color choice.

Of course I also remember the finely crushed reflective glass that was
applied WITH the exterior paints, on COASTAL Florida homes IN THE 70's.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Default Very bLue house for sale

Nice looking Lantana, but the color cheapens it. I hear the neighbors hate the garish turquoise.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpharmat View Post
I LOVE it !! The color screams "Florida" to me. Good for them.
I believe a more accurate description would be that it screams Tijuana or Manila.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
I believe a more accurate description would be that it screams Tijuana or Manila.
South Florida perhaps.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:21 PM
Platinum member

I don't like it, I wouldn't buy it because it would require a lot of repainting. I also wouldn't want to look at it in my neighborhood. However, It's not mine and it's not in my neighborhood. If the owner liked it, I hope they find someone else who likes it so that it will sell. But....if it were mine and I had it on the market, I would paint it first before putting it on the market.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I don't like it, I wouldn't buy it because it would require a lot of repainting. I also wouldn't want to look at it in my neighborhood. However, It's not mine and it's not in my neighborhood. If the owner liked it, I hope they find someone else who likes it so that it will sell. But....if it were mine and I had it on the market, I would paint it first before putting it on the market.
It might be more difficult when it comes to selling as their choice of colors seems to diminish the pool of available buyer's.

If they don't plan to sell, I guess their happy campers.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-24-2012, 04:32 PM

On the same thought... there is a house in the area of Canal and O'Dell that was a lavender color on the outside. Before it was sold, the color was changed to a neutral gray... not sure if the realtor made the suggestion or not, but obviously, the pool of buyers for a "unique" color on the exterior of a home might be reduced.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
I look at the blue house discussed here from my window. It is indeed a "house of a different color" almost a turquoise (bright). The neighbors can't wait for a new owner with a paint brush to move in. It is a custom Lantana and the owner had some good and not so good ideas when she redesigned the interior layout.
It has a huge master room closet and a walk in pantry, however no lanai. Neighbors often refer to it as the `Easter egg house".
They are limiting the number of people that will even look at the house, because of the color.How do you think it would effect the pricing and demand of their neighbors houses, if they decided to put their homes on the market.Because of the blue color they will not be able to maximize the selling price of their home,should have painted it before putting it on the market.Whoever finally buys the house will discount the asking price considerably,alot more than what it would have cost owners to repaint before listing it.Always remember,you make your money in real estate when you buy,not when you sell.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentucky blue View Post
They are limiting the number of people that will even look at the house, because of the color.How do you think it would effect the pricing and demand of their neighbors houses, if they decided to put their homes on the market.Because of the blue color they will not be able to maximize the selling price of their home,should have painted it before putting it on the market.Whoever finally buys the house will discount the asking price considerably,alot more than what it would have cost owners to repaint before listing it.Always remember,you make your money in real estate when you buy,not when you sell.
Sounds like you are a seasoned pro investor......
You are Absolutely Correct...The $$$$$$ is "MADE" on the Buy.

......... F.W.I.W. ..............HERE are Facts on the "Blue Whimsy".........

.....................................Direct from Public Records.........

..Home SOLD ....................13-Nov-2003..............$ 300.000.00

..Home SOLD ....................29-May-2008..............$ 418,000.00

..Home SOLD.....................02-Nov-2011...............$ 211,000.00

..Home FOR Sale.........STATUS / ACTIVE.......... @ $ ASKING PRICE

...NOTE:

Do NOT assume the home dropped from 418k to 211k at "REAL" $ Market.

Last edited by mrfixit; 02-24-2012 at 11:55 PM. Reason: tmi
Old 02-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
Bogie:

You mean that, when it's time to repaint my house, I can go with what I've always dreamed of: purple with large neon pink polka dots?

SWR
There is a house near where we used to live, in London, that the owner has painted it exactly like this! Even his car is the same purple and hot pink polka dots L O L. Neighbiurs not too hapy though.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
Sounds like you are a seasoned pro investor......
You are Absolutely Correct...The $$$$$$ is "MADE" on the Buy.

......... F.W.I.W. ..............HERE are Facts on the "Blue Whimsy".........

.....................................Direct from Public Records.........

..Home SOLD ....................13-Nov-2003..............$ 300.000.00

..Home SOLD ....................29-May-2008..............$ 418,000.00

..Home SOLD.....................02-Nov-2011...............$ 211,000.00

..Home FOR Sale.........STATUS / ACTIVE.......... @ $ ASKING PRICE

...NOTE:

Do NOT assume the home dropped from 418k to 211k at "REAL" $ Market.
Did these figures come from Sumterpa.com? What does the last notation Status Active mean if the home sold in November? I'm confused.

Did that blue Lantana home that we are seeing here sell in November for 211K?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Platinum member

Evidently the home is back on the market for $299,000. I guess they think they can get $88,000 more???
Old 02-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Gold member

I would think that some offers would reflect a lower price due to the probable need to repaint the exterior. Not sure what it would cost to repaint a Lantana, but not cheap.

It seems like the house had sold quite a few times in a relatively short amount of time.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:09 PM
Default Blue House

Here is the scoop on the "Blue House". It was a custom build (actually a Live Oak) in about 2003. The owner had some good and not so good ideas. She completely redesigned the interior and chose not to have a birdcage or lanai. It is evident what her favorite color is. The bedrooms were reduced in size with the master being very narrow. This space was used for a extremely large closet and a bathroom with only one sink but a nice garden tub. The laundry room was moved from between the kitchen and the garage and located off the living-dinning room. The previous space is now a walk in pantry. The two remaining bedroom are smaller and there is no linen closet in the hall - if I recall correctly. In place of the rear sliding door there is a picture window. The white kitchen cabinets were extended thru the breakfast nook. The property backs up to a horse farm however there isn't really a view because of over growth of hedges however two hours and a hedge clipper would greatly remedy this. The tile is basically neutral throughout the home except for turquoise tile in the laundry and some trim.
The price of $211K was a short sale. Over three years ago, the owner advised that she was unable to pay the mortgage.
However, the owner has a history of brain surgery and was upset at the selling price of the home ($211K) so she removed the following items after the sale: The built in cabinets in the breakfast room, all window coverings, some appliances (oven was replaced with new) and some plants in the garden. Some of the cabinets have been replaced but the counters do not match - one turquoise and one beige. She had a beautiful wood California closet which she took with her. There are is shelving ( or hooks) currently in the closet. There is probably room to install a pool and small lanai in the rear of the home.
The owner was pleasant most of the time to have as a neighbor and is very devoted to her children and grandchildren. The house is on a cul-de-sac and she always contributed the use of her electric to decorate the circle during the holidays.
The new owner has decided to market the house again. It is a nice house on a quiet street. Just needs someone with an imagination and the resources to make the house a very attractive and unusual home.
Old 02-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cateca View Post
Nice looking Lantana, but the color cheapens it. I hear the neighbors hate the garish turquoise.
The house would look great if located on the Willemstad Harbour on the Caribbean Island of Curacao.That "blue" color would fit right in with all the other tropical colors on Curacao,but in TV...................not soooooooo much.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.