Villa being day leased to day workers

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2023, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,542 Times in 3,117 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
keep all locked up
Nah, my neighbor is a Landlady, she rents her place out on occasion for a couple weeks at a time to tenants she vets. She also has family in the area who check on the property regularly. I don't think we need to lock up my neighbor. She's very nice.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Based on the number of occupants they could be in violation of occupancy laws. I wonder if the landlord knows what is going on?

50 illegal immigrants were stashed in an ABQ apartment. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuclXMKSpJs
It is very normal in TV to have 6 adults share a 3 bedroom rental. I see it and its effects every winter when you can't get into anything. This is what happens when there are no rental restrictions.
Old 06-08-2023, 08:36 AM
Gold member

It depends on what language they speak.

Spanish = max two non related with no more that 15 total
French = Just pass
German = Up to 5 non related entities, no more that 5 people total
Swedish = if stewardesses as many as one can fit
Farsi = no more that one per house. If you see two or more discussing something, contact ...Nevermind)
Old 06-08-2023, 09:09 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Nah, my neighbor is a Landlady, she rents her place out on occasion for a couple weeks at a time to tenants she vets. She also has family in the area who check on the property regularly. I don't think we need to lock up my neighbor. She's very nice.
Quote:
I just found out why one of the houses in our neighborhood looks like crap, now that it's been sold, and why one of my neighbors is thinking about moving. Turns out - the person who bought the house - is living in it. But she sectioned off her living room and is renting it BY THE NIGHT to whoever answers an ad in an Orlando newspaper, for only $50/night.

She parked her car blocking one neighbor's driveway a couple of times. And another time she parked IN a neighbor's driveway. And no she didn't have permission - the neighbor comes home from work at lunch time every day and wasn't able to park in her own driveway because the other person had their car in it. I've also seen an SUV outside in front of this person's house - not pulled over, but just - parked - in the road. Basically turning our street into a one-lane street.

All of this is happening with just one property in the neighborhood. I've told my neighbors next time this lady or her tenant blocks their driveway, to not confront them. Just call the police. And next time they park IN a neighbor's driveway - don't confront. Call the police.

Don't bother with community watch, they can't do anything about it. Blocking someone's driveway, and trespassing on someone's property - are both things the police are paid to handle.
Bit of a hypocrite aren't we?
Old 06-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 541 Posts
Default Workers

If construction workers building houses in TV are living in the Villa, not only is it unprofessional and conflicting on so many levels, it can be reported. Call Community Standards at 352-751-3939 . If you suspect undocumented workers ICE’s number is 1-877-2INTAKE. I’m sure TV would appreciate the press coverage.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 06-08-2023, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,288 Times in 4,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Are you surprised?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-08-2023, 03:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,125 Times in 5,366 Posts

I would not want to live in an area where tenants just come and go and there is no stability in our neighborhood. Rather like to know the folks we live nearby.
Old 06-08-2023, 03:15 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,062 Times in 541 Posts
Default Bring in the PRESS

It only takes one time. If ICE raided a house in The Villages, the rental days would be over for good. A couple of news outlets would hammer in the death nail. Only an idiot would rent out to that situation.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 06-08-2023, 03:48 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,643 Times in 1,769 Posts

Just knock on the door and when it is opened yell "Green cards!"

On second thought you might get shot or worse so don't.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-08-2023, 04:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Are you surprised?

Perhaps not surprised, but terribly disappointed.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Not at all. I have no problem with people renting their properties. I have a problem with people who don't care who their tenants are, or about the community/neighborhood in which they live. The two homes, and their homeowners, are entirely different situations. One of them split their very small living room into a den and a third bedroom, on a property that is assessed as a two bedroom home. They didn't have a permit for the construction, and is renting the room for less than the cost of a hotel room in the no-tell motel across 441. This homeowner also has created what amounts to a continual construction site - with trucks and debris and materials all across her front lawn and in her driveway for the past several MONTHS. Basically since the week after she bought it.

The other, as I said, vets her tenants carefully. She did no construction to her property, with or without a permit. She keeps the place immaculate and goes out of her way to be a good neighbor.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I would not want to live in an area where tenants just come and go and there is no stability in our neighborhood. Rather like to know the folks we live nearby.
You should probably have a talk with The Villages Property Management and ask them to stop renting short-term rentals then. They are still doing Lifestyle visits in neighborhoods where people have already purchased and moved in to their new homes, so you need to tell The Villages to stop the Lifestyle visits too. No stability when the -maximum- rental on a Lifestyle visit is only 7 days, right?
Old 06-08-2023, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,761 Times in 5,264 Posts

Quote:
You should probably have a talk with The Villages Property Management and ask them to stop renting short-term rentals then. They are still doing Lifestyle visits in neighborhoods where people have already purchased and moved in to their new homes, so you need to tell The Villages to stop the Lifestyle visits too. No stability when the -maximum- rental on a Lifestyle visit is only 7 days, right?
As I understand it, The Villages Property Management company is a private company and is not owned by or associated with The Villages. That is what they told me when I called them recently.
Old 06-08-2023, 07:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,617 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
If you suspect undocumented workers ICE’s number is 1-877-2INTAKE. I’m sure TV would appreciate the press coverage.
It’s easy, change your WIFI name to “Immigration/Customs Van”
Old 06-09-2023, 05:08 AM
Veteran member

There is no HOA in The Villages. Regarding renters ……
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.