Villa location

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
We also lived in Staten Islsnd for a long time. Just some more advice. If you move into a new section like Pennecamp you will find a younger crowd and no established cliques. Easier to make friends as everyone is new like you. As far as home choices, that is just personal preference as the homes are all interspersed throughout each Village. We are 59 and are among others near our age. Obviously if you move into an older area, the population will also be older. Factor that into your decision according to your preferences.
Vinny where were you on staten island, we were born and raised in Westerleigh and still have family there. I am 63 and my wife is 62. Thank you for your info that is what we are looking for to get into a newer area so we start out new like everyone else and meet folks in our age bracket. We'll be down there for the month of October hoping to find the place right for us. I have a cousin who has a designer in St. Charles and lives there full time, not sure we're going to be that or just 6 and 6. Jerry
Bushkill, Pa.
Brick, NJ
Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 PM

I lived mostly around Eltingville/Great Kills/Arden Heights/Annadale area. Opposite of you. I am 59 and my wife is 58 and I am one of the oldest on my block so far. I too have a cousin here within a mile of my house.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:25 AM

Being from that side of SI you have probably passed or might have had to visit my wife's brother's business, Scalia funeral home. We'll be arriving on the 1st staying in a rented patio villa in Liberty park for the month. Hope in that time frame to find our own place. Jerry
Bushkill, Pa.
Brick, NJ
Old 09-25-2010, 07:37 AM
Veteran member

When we bought our patio villa in Ashland, back in 2002 I believe, the bond was only $5000. That's one nice thing about pre-owneds, the bonds were cheaper, and in many cases, they may be paid off, or close to paid off if you're buying today. Ashland, by the way, is south of 466, near Southern Trace.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.