Village Airport Van Terrible Service

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2021, 09:41 AM
Default Village Airport Van Terrible Service

My last two experiences with Village Airport Van were complete disasters and if you use airport van services might want to know. I will never use your company again and will actively advise others not to also. NOTE: The company advertises vans leave every 30 minutes.

May 2- Landed at Orlando Airport and got to parking space A-45 at 1:25pm. Van showed up at 1:30. At 2:10pm I asked the driver when he is leaving. Driver said not till the dispatcher releases me and there are 2 people with their luggage coming down the stairs. These people never showed up. The van finally left at 2:40pm- an hour and 15 minutes after I got there.

May 19- My son got to space A45 at 6:30pm. No van. I called the office and was told the van would not get there until 7:20pm, and then would wait 30 minutes for other passengers, which would be 7:50pm or 1 hour 20 minutes after my son got to the parking space. My son then called Uber and took that to The Villages.

Conclusion: There is no excuse for this. Their current policy is to load up the vans to increase profits, no matter the discomfort to your customers. But they continue to advertise on your website the vans "leave every 30 minutes."

Suggestions: Stop advertising 30 minute schedules. Stop loading up the vans to increase profits at the expense of having satisfied customers. (This van packing also means extended times for picking up to the airport and coming back to The Villages. And with Fenney now drawing customers, it can be well over 2 hours sitting in the van.) Hire more drivers.

Excuses: None really. They blamed it on Covid, but bad service from anyone is now blamed on Covid.

Reacation from TOTV Members: Please do not attack me. I wrote this for three reasons. One, to advise people what to expect from this company if they use them. Two, just to blow off a little steam. Three, I have taken this up with the company and hope they might reconsider how they operate.
Old 05-20-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Never had a problem with Workman's, always on time with pick up and drop off as scheduled.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:44 AM

Used them a few times with no problems. I've also used private limos if time was of a concern.

Sometimes you get what you pay for.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:30 PM

I have used The Villages Airport Van for over thirty round trips with no problems what so ever. I highly recommend them.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

The only problem we have had coming from MCO to TV. is with all the expansion down south, we are usually the last off the van.
But it's a nice tour!
Old 05-20-2021, 03:57 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Villages Airport Van is not the same as The Villages Transportation which is now called Workman Transportation. They are the dependable ones.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We used the Village van for years, but it began to get more and more annoying to be picked up first and end up going all over TV to pick up and then one time we had to come off the highway and pick someone up at a hotel and they were not even ready. Almost missed flight. So now we use private transportation, costs more, but the convenience is worth it.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-20-2021, 04:35 PM

Driving yourself is the only way to go. Plenty of low cost, off site lots. Come and go on your schedule and no "tours".
Old 05-20-2021, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Not recently because prices for rentals are insane now, but in the good old days (end of 2019) we'd rent a car from Enterprise here and leave it at MCO. Once it was $35 including tax and after coupons and senior discounts. Did the same thing coming back. Under $45 (due to airport fees) and left it here. Picked it up here the night before and it was a 1 day rental.

Maybe once rental prices drop it would be worth doing it again. We are renting a car at DCA (Wash DC) June 2-6th and it's $500 !!!! Last year it was under $125. They wanted $790 for pickup in PHL and return DCA for the same time. Nuts.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:48 AM

My daughter and her friend waited two hours to leave. They blamed it on Covid. I called company and they were rude. Asked to speak to management and never got a callback. Willl not use again.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:00 AM
Default Wheelchair

The problem I’ve had, is finding a wheelchair accessible airport van. They all seem to have them but they’re always out of service.
Old 05-21-2021, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post
My last two experiences with Village Airport Van were complete disasters and if you use airport van services might want to know. I will never use your company again and will actively advise others not to also. NOTE: The company advertises vans leave every 30 minutes.

May 2- Landed at Orlando Airport and got to parking space A-45 at 1:25pm. Van showed up at 1:30. At 2:10pm I asked the driver when he is leaving. Driver said not till the dispatcher releases me and there are 2 people with their luggage coming down the stairs. These people never showed up. The van finally left at 2:40pm- an hour and 15 minutes after I got there.

May 19- My son got to space A45 at 6:30pm. No van. I called the office and was told the van would not get there until 7:20pm, and then would wait 30 minutes for other passengers, which would be 7:50pm or 1 hour 20 minutes after my son got to the parking space. My son then called Uber and took that to The Villages.

Conclusion: There is no excuse for this. Their current policy is to load up the vans to increase profits, no matter the discomfort to your customers. But they continue to advertise on your website the vans "leave every 30 minutes."

Suggestions: Stop advertising 30 minute schedules. Stop loading up the vans to increase profits at the expense of having satisfied customers. (This van packing also means extended times for picking up to the airport and coming back to The Villages. And with Fenney now drawing customers, it can be well over 2 hours sitting in the van.) Hire more drivers.

Excuses: None really. They blamed it on Covid, but bad service from anyone is now blamed on Covid.

Reacation from TOTV Members: Please do not attack me. I wrote this for three reasons. One, to advise people what to expect from this company if they use them. Two, just to blow off a little steam. Three, I have taken this up with the company and hope they might reconsider how they operate.
Agreed. On 5/19, got on their van at MCO at 3:15, but didn't leave A45 space until 4:00. Same excuse as was given to mneumann02. Didn't get home until 6:15, after touring everywhere from Fenney to Spanish Springs for drop-offs. Never again!
Old 05-21-2021, 06:01 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Village Airport Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneumann02 View Post

I have used VAV over the past couple rears and have never had a problem.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:12 AM

We use private transportation only. $40 each way per person. No wait. No hassle.
Old 05-21-2021, 06:17 AM

Best ride to MCO is from Vinny's Car Service
Mobile (352) 205-6606.
Not cheap, but very reliable.
Closed Thread

Tags
van, minutes, airport, vans, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.