The Village of Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcica@aol.com View Post
Can anyone share info on which of these new villages might be worth looking at? Have been to Fenney and a few others but anyone who lives there - can you share your thoughts-AND is Chitty Chatty the closest to Brownwood ?
Thanks in advance
We just bought in Marsh Bend. My estimated route of the cart path has the distance from Cattail Rec Center to the square at Brownwood at ~3.0-miles if/when the bridge and path are finished.

The new Village of DeLuna, which is just opening up now, will be even closer as the Turnpike bridge is very close to the Water Lily Rec Center there.

The walking and bicycling trails in that area were a draw for us.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer49 View Post
We just bought in Marsh Bend. My estimated route of the cart path has the distance from Cattail Rec Center to the square at Brownwood at ~3.0-miles if/when the bridge and path are finished.

The new Village of DeLuna, which is just opening up now, will be even closer as the Turnpike bridge is very close to the Water Lily Rec Center there.

The walking and bicycling trails in that area were a draw for us.
That's amazing. I live 14 miles from Fenney in the Village of Tamarind Grove and I'm only 4 miles from Brownwood, but I also only 3-1/2 miles from LSL.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Can anyone share info on which of these new villages might be worth looking at? Have been to Fenney and a few others but anyone who lives there - can you share your thoughts-AND is Chitty Chatty the closest to Brownwood ?
Thanks in advance
Deluna will be closest (~3mi) to Brownwood whenever the turnpike bridge and connecting paths are completed.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,352 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
That's amazing. I live 14 miles from Fenney in the Village of Tamarind Grove and I'm only 4 miles from Brownwood, but I also only 3-1/2 miles from LSL.
By golf car Marsh Bend will be much closer than Fenney, it's a pretty lengthy golf car ride from Fenney to the bridge. Chitty Chatty is over 7 miles from Paddock Square via golf car Bradford even further when using the new bridge over 44 when it is completed.
Old 04-25-2020, 09:37 PM

Southern Oaks
Old 04-26-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbraun179 View Post
Technically it’s Southern Oaks which encompasses all of those villages
Finally someone gets it right!
Old 04-26-2020, 06:06 AM
theruizs

We’re in Charlotte south of 466A and north of 44. With all that’s planned for south of 44, we will eventually be centrally located in TV, LOL.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:27 AM

Sorry none of them, too many cookie cutter houses..... Anything below 44.. is beyond where we want to go or visit...... too many houses too little facilities
Old 04-26-2020, 06:41 AM

Re: Marsh Bend Trail

True today, only one paved road in from Everglades/Magnolia up to Deluna and Water Lily Rec Center. That's where the Turnpike bridge will be, someday.

However, Marsh Bend Trail continues northwest as a dirt road, all the way to 301, just south of the Turnpike exit. Construction vehicles are already using it.

The master plan indicates this road will eventually be paved, and TV development will occur between Deluna and 301.

The live oaks, walking trails, and the future connectivity to Brownwood are what broad us to Marsh Bend. 3.2 miles to Paddock Square, someday...
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times
--------------------------------------------
Old 04-26-2020, 06:44 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,352 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Sorry none of them, too many cookie cutter houses..... Anything below 44.. is beyond where we want to go or visit...... too many houses too little facilities
Actually in most sections there is more green space and more variety of home styles south of 44 than anywhere else in TV. There are also amenities south of 44 that are not available anywhere else in TV. It's amazing how quickly a section of lots will sell out when they open them, usually within one day.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:20 AM

You cannot trust TV's sales agents. Ours, Frank and Judi told us that the bridge over the turnpike would be open last Fall. As of today, 4 pilings are in the ground; such a miserable start. Also, they said the grocery and drug stores in Magnolia plaza would be open and serving us down south late 2019. It will be another year before that happens. What one must realize is the Morse family is only interested in money, money, money. That is why they are stopping construction in Marsh Bend and focusing 100% on Chitty Chatty and Bradford. Why, the bridge and ramps are going up in record time. They abandon us in Marsh Bend for profits in Chitty Chatty and Bradford. I've yet to see a master plan with milestones. Why, all about profits. Sell, sell, see; over promise, over promise, under deliver, under deliver, under deliver. Just bring home the profits.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Thanks in advance
Once Waterlily Bridge, the bridge over the turnpike gets into place, the Village of DeLuna will be closest to Brownwood, I believe. Activity on the bridge has begun. One set of piers are in the ground on the south side of the turnpike and there is daily activity on the north side. Can't tell what they are doing but there are trucks, people, and other heavy duty equipment. Activity has also started on Magnolia Plaza, but it will be awhile until anything is opened. Chitty Chatty will be close to Lake Deaton plaza, but not the closest to Brownwood.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
To me, anything south of 466A is part of Orlando.....
I agree if you drive another 50 miles.😎
Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 AM

Actually, the road in DeLuna will also exit onto 301. The road is in place now, but is a dirt road. It's currently used by the construction traffic. There's quite a bit of land between where the housing stops and 301. Very curious what they are going to do with that.

The land that Fenney and DeSoto are on was originally a parcel called Wildwood Springs.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Thanks in advance

I suspect that Chitty Chatty is the closest to Brownwood's Paddock Square....(via CR 44....but that might change when the other golf cart bridge is open)

we took a drive through Chitty Chatty it looked nice...but it certainly seemed a little isolated from all the rest of the villages in "Fenny" (sorry I had to do that)
Closed Thread

Tags
fenney, villages, south, bend, marsh

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.