Village Residents Upset Over Homeless Homeowners Who Won't Leave

Closed Thread
Old 06-21-2014, 10:42 AM

I didn't see the full story... Do they just need help cleaning up?? Or is it money? :/
Old 06-21-2014, 10:44 AM

I see the rest now, sorry.. Sad situation
Old 06-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,453 Times in 2,432 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by senior citizen

If my memory is correct, I was alluding to the shows we had watched on "Extreme Hoarders", most of whom had their water and utilities shut off......the health of their bathrooms, kitchens, etc. WITHOUT SANITARY CONDITIONS.......not necessarily that they were hoarders.

Not looking at the post, but basically asked if any of these goodhearted neighbors had stepped inside the house?????

Sometimes one never knows what is going on in someone elses home. However, the "hoarders" all had definite issues, living for so long without RUNNING WATER , etc. and the homes displayed the lack thereof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty55 View Post
You do know that reality shows aren't real, don't you? I personally never watch them. I guess human misery isn't all that entertaining to me.
Now you've done it, her watching television will never be the same.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quote:

If my memory is correct, I was alluding to the shows we had watched on "Extreme Hoarders", most of whom had their water and utilities shut off......the health of their bathrooms, kitchens, etc. WITHOUT SANITARY CONDITIONS.......not necessarily that they were hoarders.

Not looking at the post, but basically asked if any of these goodhearted neighbors had stepped inside the house?????

Sometimes one never knows what is going on in someone elses home. However, the "hoarders" all had definite issues, living for so long without RUNNING WATER , etc. and the homes displayed the lack thereof.

Quote:
You do know that reality shows aren't real, don't you? I personally never watch them. I guess human misery isn't all that entertaining to me.

From I Remember Mama to reality tv hoarders is a long way down.
Old 06-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Dancing Thyme

I drove down Society Hill Circle the other day and could not find a house that looked in bad condition and had weeds or grass growing out of control? Strange?

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-21-2014, 05:25 PM

Katie, I have had the opportunity to visit them several times...
If you want to stop for a visit....the number is 445 Society Hill Circle..
A very nice couple...I did not feel it was my business KNOWING any details about the
NON- WORTHY NEWS on TV.
I went providing some basic personal hygiene products anyone needs and a few other things.
We had a nice conversation and I shared I would be a friend...she was so happy to hear those words... I found out yesterday his birthday was this past MONDAY....
Maybe you bloggers will be lead to send a belated card...she has one in OCTOBER..

They have electricity ( "use selectively"...no ceiling fans on) and now water....
So this will ease the survival mode ....also,he has a bike to get what few groceries they need. There were no provisions I could take them.
The one project I did was to wash her summer curtains she is an avid crochet "artist"
The pieces she showed me are beautiful. She said it has calmed her so much during these trying times....
Old 06-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Dancing Thyme

Thank you for this information. I did not know all this. I thought I would see if I could help but couldn't find a house that looked as bad as this thread has claimed.

Does that mean they are willing to accept some help? I would very gladly take them to buy groceries, so he doesn't have to ride a bike. In return, she could teach me how to crochet. Sounds like a good barter plan??? I will soon be moving right around that area so I might be able to give some assistance to them.

Thank you for being a good neighbor. That's what its all about!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-21-2014, 07:07 PM
Veteran member

Kathie, RuthTomNorma and the others who have been helping these folks - you are righteous people and I salute you.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthtomnorma3 View Post
Katie, I have had the opportunity to visit them several times...
If you want to stop for a visit....the number is 445 Society Hill Circle..
A very nice couple...I did not feel it was my business KNOWING any details about the
NON- WORTHY NEWS on TV.
I went providing some basic personal hygiene products anyone needs and a few other things.
We had a nice conversation and I shared I would be a friend...she was so happy to hear those words... I found out yesterday his birthday was this past MONDAY....
Maybe you bloggers will be lead to send a belated card...she has one in OCTOBER..

They have electricity ( "use selectively"...no ceiling fans on) and now water....
So this will ease the survival mode ....also,he has a bike to get what few groceries they need. There were no provisions I could take them.
The one project I did was to wash her summer curtains she is an avid crochet "artist"
The pieces she showed me are beautiful. She said it has calmed her so much during these trying times....
Bless your heart. You are the kind of person I'd like to become.
Old 06-21-2014, 10:58 PM

Bravo to Ruthtonorma3, Kathie1 and of course the ever sensible Patty55.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Sage
Default There is no way they could stage those shows

Quote:

There is no way they could stage those "hoarder" shows.
There is no way anyone in their right mind could live like that, with such an accumulation of junk and a home falling apart at the seams with mold, feces, rats, junk, etc. These people definitely have mental issues (the ones depicted on "Extreme Hoarders".}

It's very sad to watch (in horror) the decline of some people's minds and lives. It is mind boggling to think of people living without the basic utilities in the home.

As pertains to the foreclosed home in The Villages....
I am glad that some big hearted people have entered their lives with unconditional help and assistance. That is the true sign of neighborliness.

I also believe that the majority of those who reside in TheVillages are kind, intelligent, giving, helpful, witty and everything anyone would want in a good neighbor.......with the exception of a few cruel ones who must have pretty empty lives to constantly pick on inconsequential statements or television viewing choices. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This isn't Jr. High. Or is it? What does "I Remember Mama" have to do with "Extreme Hoarders".
No place is perfect and no one person is perfect either......so lets all be authentic and show our true kindness to each other and not so much pettiness just to "pick, pick pick"......when someone makes an innocent comment.

It's pretty boring to be a bunch of clones when we can be our authentic selves. PEACE

Last edited by senior citizen; 06-22-2014 at 04:38 AM.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:24 AM
Sage
Default Homes becoming health hazards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
From I Remember Mama to reality tv hoarders is a long way down.

For what it's worth, my hubby was surfing the channels and came upon this "Extreme Hoarders" t.v. show this past winter; he recorded it in multiples.......so when there was nothing else on, we watched it. Is that a crime? In the middle of winter? ( I think it's on the same channel as the "Amish" shows. )

It's a great "study" in what makes some people tick and also those who have distinctive mental issues with regard to "holding on to possessions" to the point of their homes become health hazards, such as living without water and electricity....which only compounded the stash of junk......

Today we will watch the soccer game....U.S. against Portugal.
Is that o.k.???????????????????

Yesterday we watched the Nascar races from Elkhardt Lake Wisconsin. Was that o.k. with you???? Now that hubby is retired, he has the remote. ha ha.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:32 AM
Sage
Default Why does what we watch bother you so much???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Quote:

Why does what we watch on t.v. bother you so much????
Actually, we prefer lots of Blu Ray movies.......DVD's

This week we enjoyed "revisiting" DANCES WITH WOLVES with Kevin Costner.........set in Colorado, where our grandkids are now camping in Rocky Mountain National Park.

After that, we watched "REVENGE" another intense film Kevin Costner made with Madeleine Stowe and Anthony Quinn. (not the t.v. show Revenge which she is also in).

Ditto for another very long film with Kevin Costner......."Wyatt Earp"......what a history he had.

Our tastes are eclectic. Usually we record Masterpiece Classics on PBS........or watch NOVA.

When the kids were here we watched Disney's "FROZEN."
Is that o.k.?????
Old 06-22-2014, 09:23 PM

Hi....TOTV Community. an update for our friends...
Several other bloggers will be giving them a friendly visit within the next week ...

It would be grand to know some couples and other TOTV bloggers would be going by for a short visit .
Suggestions...mixed bag of hard candy( he is a diabetic)
Day old /new DAILY SUN
Small bouquet flower / potted plant..notice there were cacti
Crochet book ..she can crochet backwards /forwards ..but all enjoy reading a new mag. in our choice hobby.. She is going to teach me! Just a basic...
Keep y'all up date ...excluding private business that I don't even want/need to know.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.