Village shuttle rates

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Village shuttle rates

Frank, I've heard that even with the cart in tow and switch in neutral, high heat can discharge the batteries, now my cart that is stored in Michigan for 6 months that's a different story.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:13 PM

Golfnut,

Thanks for the information concerning high heat contributing to battery discharge.

I can live with that as long as the batteries recharge when I plug 'em back into the charger.

However, if the high heat contributes to shortening the battery life, that would be of concern to me. Good question next time I'm at the dealership.

Thank you.

Old 08-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Frank, if you talk to the dealer I'd be interested what they say about leaving it stored in the garage during the summer and how often it should be charged.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Eternal Member

I am not sure how carts and batteries and charging, etc made its way into Van Shuttle Rates but I think that it is doing a big disservice to those that would like to know about Carts and batteries and charging, etc instead on Van Shuttles.

When you switch topics inside a topic would you please start another topic so that other interested people could get involved?

This is not just you but I get to lots of other topics where the original topic switches to an off topic that others would benefit from.

Sorry for the vent but I get upset going to a post to get some info and oranges become apples.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I know what you mean Z but I have yet to see a topic that doesn't meandor through different subjects, it starts by going slightly off track and just keeps moving farther off track, but if people keep posting someone must see some value, I'm not sure what can be done, I say go with the flow, if it doesn't interest you move on.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

As long as we are on the SUBJECT.... ;D ;D ;D[b]I go back and forth to northern michigan and have two golf carts in my garage in TV...I've been doing this for four years and haven't had any trouble with my batteries..before I leave I fill them all and put the lever in neutral and top off the charges...never had a problem and still have the original batteries..........I am returning in two weeks and will be there until may..(can't wait)..
I have been thinking about selling one and buying a gas cart...But only because some of the golf courses are getting so far away.....Electric is the only way to go unless you really want to go the the south end of TV....about 14 miles for me as I live in Chatham and wouldn't live anywhere else ;D ;D ;D
Old 08-31-2007, 06:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for the info great, I guess I won't worry about it. Do you have a battery gauge on either cart, if so what does it register when you get back and how long are you gone in the summer? I'm thinking of getting another cart and am pretty sure it will be gas, last time we looked I liked the EZ Go gas and also liked the yesteryear carts.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman
I am not sure how carts and batteries and charging, etc made its way into Van Shuttle Rates but I think that it is doing a big disservice to those that would like to know about Carts and batteries and charging, etc instead on Van Shuttles.

When you switch topics inside a topic would you please start another topic so that other interested people could get involved?

This is not just you but I get to lots of other topics where the original topic switches to an off topic that others would benefit from.

Sorry for the vent but I get upset going to a post to get some info and oranges become apples.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman

Z .. I know what you mean about posts getting off topic .. When I was a "newbie" to TOTV, I started a post asking for names of contractors and it ended up being about where to book a Thanksgiving dinner!!?? But ya know, You get used to it, and it becomes entertainment .. I learned to do what Golfnut says and "Go with the flow". It is such a great site, and great people, I just love it a lot. ;D
Old 09-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Eternal Member

I am going with the flow. It is just too bad that those members that wanted to know about electric golf carts are not getting the info. Maybe someone will open a post about it and everyone that posted can repost the same info to the correct post.

But I'm a flowing.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:53 PM

Whoa!!!s What happened to staying on topic! I will start a topic on Gas versus Electric carts.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:04 PM

on the topic of shuttle.

My husband and I have found that if going away for a week from TV, it makes sense to drive down and park off site of the Orlando airport. Shuttles from the parking lots come and go quite frequently. Is easy and less than, BY FAR, than the 120 dollar shuttle cost even with the tolls. (sunpass is nice to have)

With one person company coming in, the shuttle is often the way to go. Or going out one person, time, tolls, and gas needs to be considered. The other thing is time the plane leaves or arrives. Many of my company come in after the last shuttle leaves, so a car trip to MCO is necessary. After doing the trip several times, it gets pretty easy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.