Village vs Village

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2011, 08:12 PM
Default Village vs Village

v

There are so many Villages to choose from, why did you pick the Village that you have chosen to be home...And why have so many people that live in the Villages have already moved 2-3 times within the Village.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Default depends on needs

People often move because their needs changed, we changed from part-timers to full timers and needed more room for stuff. Others move to downsize.

From Liberty, MO
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
v

There are so many Villages to choose from, why did you pick the Village that you have chosen to be home...And why have so many people that live in the Villages have already moved 2-3 times within the Village.
Researched for months, made 2 lifestyle visits, looked at 10 or more homes a day, knocked on doors, questioned everybody i met, used both a Village sales rep, and an outside Realtor, and drove them both crazy.Purchased a pre-owned home large enough that i would never have to move again, with incredible landscaping, and close to LSL.Got an extra bonus with terrific neighbors that really care about their property, and treat us as family. Only complaint............"I WISH IT WOULD RAIN."
'
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Sage

We came down on a Lifestyle Preview Visit after seeing the commercial and ordering the DVD. We bought before the six day visit was over. Before our visit, I looked on the Internet for anything I could find about TV. I'd never heard of it before the commericial and the DVD.

I discovered this forum before our first visit. I learned more, and continue to learn, from ToTV than I did during the six day visit. We knew we didn't want to have a bond and we wanted to be on the historic side with larger lots with the mature landscaping and more of a rolling terrain. We used an agent through The Villages, an outside agent and went on our own exploring. We looked at about 40 houses.

We wanted a house without any neighbors behind us or in front of us. Every realtor we went with said it would be very difficult to find a house without neighbors in front or behind. The last house we looked at was on the second hole of the Orange Blossom Country Club Golf Course. No neighbors behind and a little park in front on a cul-de-sac.

We looked at the house and knew it was our home. We made an offer and came back in less than 30 days for the closing. One of the best decisions we have ever made.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
v

People at our stage in life often have changing needs. I know singles that have married and need larger homes. And married couples that have lost a mate and need a smaller home.

We moved from a two-bedroom CYV to get a third bedroom and a huge garage. We moved from Belvedere Village to Belvedere Village ... that is how much we love the location.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Just Dumb Luck

After 2nd visit, looked at Pre-owned home listing, after eliminating town-homes around SS Square, and discovered the Village of LaZamora with many many trees, perfect home and the best neighbors you will ever find BUT I'll betcha EVERYONE will say that about their Village because its TRUE!
Old 06-23-2011, 04:45 AM
Veteran member

We moved to Bonnybrook because we wanted to be near all the action. We are close to Sumter and to Spanish Springs. Shopping, doctors, the library are all close by and everything is literally only 5 to 10 minutes away. I believe the area around 466A will become more desireable as the buildout reaches that area. My feeling is that presently that area is just too far out for me. I wanted instant gratification and Bonnybrook, Tall Trees, Winifred area best suited my needs.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:52 AM

When you refer to "town-homes", do you mean a particular style of home or houses with 5-10 minutes from SS Square. And did you know your neighbors before you moved there ?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default HI Northstar

I call them town homes, th Villages calls them Villas, they are as close as you can get to the Square, very nice floor-plan, they run between, $325,000 and $600,000, and have HOA's.....Did not know neighbors b4 and like I said just "dumb luck"...LaZamora is very convenient and NO bond because it is in Lake County. Homes sell very quickly here, only 2 or three available now.

Quote:
When you refer to "town-homes", do you mean a particular style of home or houses with 5-10 minutes from SS Square. And did you know your neighbors before you moved there ?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:56 AM
Sage

Picked Buttonwood because that is where the dirt was when we bought. We wanted new with room to build a large cage and pool. Found it in Buttonwood and we are very happy with our decision. Move down to be frogs early 2012.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:45 AM

We bought in Buttonwood for a number of reasons.

First, it was a great deal for the CYV we had been looking for over a year. Secondly, We love the location. It is away from the main streets, quiet, and still half way between LSL and Brownwood. We love the neighbors also. They were all very friendly and they actually made our decision easier.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
After 2nd visit, looked at Pre-owned home listing, after eliminating town-homes around SS Square, and discovered the Village of LaZamora with many many trees, perfect home and the best neighbors you will ever find BUT I'll betcha EVERYONE will say that about their Village because its TRUE!
Ditto, except I didn't buy in LaZamora. But I am quite content where I am.

BTW, LaZamora is a very pretty village.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Default 466

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Does 466 have a cart path you use to get to LSL?

aj
Old 06-23-2011, 12:51 PM

After visiting TV for 3 years and looking at many homes, we decided to buy in the historical section because of the large lots, mature landscaping, the close proximity to shopping, restaurants and SS, the reasonable prices, and the quiet (we're at the end of the line so no through traffic). I wanted a water view and a large lot at a reasonable price as we are not full time residents. We love the historical side;-)
Old 06-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Ms. Kathy:
What section, did you purchase in the historical side. And how long, does it take, by cart to arrive at SS.

Thanks and have a great week, Randy
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.