Another Tv2b has listed their home!

Closed Thread
Old 03-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Default Another Tv2b has listed their home!

Well we have officially joined the ranks of people waiting for their house to sell so we can move on to the next phase of our life (TV!!!). We listed our house in MA tonight and though it was depressing to see what the realtors projected our sale price to be we are biting the bullet, being realistic, and going ahead with it. On the plus side our realtor is very impressive- she's dynamic, intelligent, technology savvy, and a real go-getter! Now we'll see what happens...
Old 03-01-2012, 07:32 PM

Best of luck as you begin this journey. I hope all goes well and quickly.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Sage

Hi Ducati,
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Congratulations, We're hoping to have our home on the market this summer. I hope it sells fast.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Default Congrats!

Hope for a speedy sale for you! We should be ready to list by the end of the month. It's a real exciting time in our lives. Wishing you well!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Sage
Default Sell soon!

Good luck on your sale and fingers crossed you sell fast! Fun in the sun awaits you!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Gold member

Terrific...I hope your house sells real soon! Good luck to you!
Old 03-11-2012, 07:18 PM

Update: OK so our house wasn't officially listed until this past Tuesday. Thursday there was an agents open house and Thursday night a couple was here for forty-five minutes. We thought that looked hopeful but ultimately they said they they really liked the house but the master bed was too small and the driveway was too steep. Today the agent hosted an open house and she was really excited because there were 23 different parties that came and they all had positive things to say. She said it was the best showing at an open house that she has seen in a long time! Tonight at 6:00 a couple from Boston (almost two hours away) came to see it. Now its 8:15 PM and haven't heard a thing!
Kindof a bummer! I know I'm expecting too much, but most of your action is supposed to be in the first couple of weeks and I'm beginning to think our driveway will be a big problem.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Sage

Keep hanging tough, ducati! The sale WILL happen!

'Price' can help people get over some perceived shortcomings. When Sandy and I were trying (and trying) to sell our previous home up here in OH (late '08 and into '09), we knew there were a ton of things that people would probably not like about the house. Unfortunately, we were overly optimistic with our pricing early on (right when everything started crashing). But months later, when we finally got a great realtor and came to our senses (with her help!) on pricing, we had a contract in very short order.

As caharrold stated previously, be flexible with offers and pricing. It's still a really tough real estate market - different than what we'd all grown accustomed to in the past. Price is probably THE biggest differentiator right now.

Hoping for the best for you!

Bill
Old 03-11-2012, 07:28 PM

Don't become discouraged. You have used the driveway for years without problems. Just be patient and your home will sell. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Hang in there. It sounds like you are reasonable in your pricing, you have a dynamic realtor. You are doing everything right!

A buyer will come along, and then you can start the next chapter of your life..

Best of luck in your sale!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Default Selling your home

Selling will happen. We're selling our third house and I had issues (in my mind)
on the first two and we sold. We have issues(in my mind) on this one too but it will sell.

BTW, we had an incline on our 75ft drivway in CT which was pretty hard to climb after fresh ice was formed. Do not think it phased our buyers...
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 AM

Gee Ducati1974, you look familiar. Did I see you on the golf course shooting a 110? Good luck selling (see you in April - for another round of 100+)
Old 03-12-2012, 12:43 PM

Like you we listed and priced competitively for today. We were shocked when after getting a signed contract the appraisal came back lower than the offer. The buyer still wanted the house and we want to get to TV so we ate the couple thousand and still kept the contract. It stinks out there for us sellers, but we choose to get on with life in TV. good luck on your sale and keep those options open.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynbod View Post
Don't become discouraged. You have used the driveway for years without problems. Just be patient and your home will sell. Good luck.
Best of luck.

We were lucky to accept an offer on our home in Natick, MA just after a month of listing it in the spring of 2011. What we found to be true is that there is a paradigm shift in how you list your home. Not too long ago, you listed on the high side of the appraised value and, if necessary, negotiated down. The problem with that is today most homes for sale are on the internet and this allows potential buyers to compare the inventory and when you list high in hopes to negotiate down, you loose potential buyers. However, the suggested approach, for us anyway, was to list the property at the lower range of our asking price. In doing so, we attracted buyers that may otherwise have been priced out.

I can't emphasize the importance of staging your home. Again, best of luck!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.