Six feet-----yeah, right

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2020, 11:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Six feet-----yeah, right

Drove past RJ Gators (LSL) last night....about 200 people crowded together blocking the sidewalk, drinking and dancing. Guess they are immune from the virus.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,018 Times in 2,509 Posts

And the are so worried about tennis and pickleball.
Old 05-12-2020, 02:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
And the are so worried about tennis and pickleball.
Really

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-12-2020, 02:23 PM
Platinum member

They are in the fresh air, have a great attitude, and are having a good time. If you don’t want to join them don’t. It their right given by the constitution to chose to join in, just as it is your right to stay away.
Old 05-12-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,334 Times in 873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
They are in the fresh air, have a great attitude, and are having a good time. If you don’t want to join them don’t. It their right given by the constitution to chose to join in, just as it is your right to stay away.
The Constitution gives you the right to assemble, the State and local government has the right to control that you do it safely. Please don't omit stuff just to make your point.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-12-2020, 04:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
The Constitution gives you the right to assemble, the State and local government has the right to control that you do it safely. Please don't omit stuff just to make your point.
Agree!
Old 05-12-2020, 04:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post

Control......now that's the key word.
Steve
Old 05-13-2020, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,039 Times in 1,028 Posts

Quote:
thank you. if somebody is so scared, they should'nt be leaving the house @ all, yet alone scout around for larger groups they can catch the virus from. pardon me for being frank in expressing my opinion.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:19 AM

Shame on you !
200 hundred ? You sat there and counted ? I think not - how fast where you driving? And 200 - you should shelter in place and stop posting false hoods .
Old 05-13-2020, 05:32 AM
Default confirmed

what an outrage,should be locked up//
Old 05-13-2020, 05:33 AM

It’s hard to comprehend what’s in the mind of those people: Denial, Death Wish, Insufficient Grey Matter? Whatever, they obviously have an abundant disregard for their fellow citizens
Old 05-13-2020, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,034 Times in 4,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
thank you. if somebody is so scared, they should'nt be leaving the house @ all, yet alone scout around for larger groups they can catch the virus from. pardon me for being frank in expressing my opinion.
This has been an issue since the beginning. The same people who were posting stay at home, if you don't you're entitled, selfish and an idiot that will kill us all, were the ones running around OUTSIDE THEIR HOMES taking pictures and describing incidents of OTHER people not staying at home. It's spelled H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Really, NOT AT THESE TIMES, You must have been 1 of them.
Or maybe you haven't been reading of listening to the news the last 3-4 Months or all of the press conferences The Prez. and the Gov. have been doing!!
Old 05-13-2020, 05:47 AM

It is called freedom. Remember that? I guess the lines to get our soma from the government will have to be "social distanced" as well.
Old 05-13-2020, 05:51 AM

I was reading some posts for and against reopening here in The Villages and our country in general. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.
There are those wanting to reopen yet they’re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn’t that being selfish too?
You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meatpackers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store.
You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you’re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19.
The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.
I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.
I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.
And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold. I could die from obesity. I could die from a heart attack. I could be in a car accident. I could get run over by a bus. I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don’t start screaming at me about how I’ll just spread it. Why are you worried? You won’t get it because you’re staying in your home. Are you going to forever cringe and glare everytime someone coughs, sneezes or has the sniffles? Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?
Our economy can’t withstand much more of this. If our economy collapses, so will the rest of the world’s. If that happens, you will see the rise of tyrants.
I absolutely don’t want people to die...from COVID or anything else. I want people to live.
But sheltering in place is not living.
Closed Thread

Tags
immune, guess, dancing, drinking, sidewalk

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.