The Villages 9-20-2020 Construction Update Video

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2020, 03:02 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,521 Times in 713 Posts
Default The Villages 9-20-2020 Construction Update Video

Here’s a new construction update as well as the results of the $10,000 Amenity Fee Giveaway that I announced about 6 weeks ago.

The rainy and windy weather we’ve been having the last few weeks has severely limited my ability to plan and fly to get the needed footage. Some of the footage in this video is actually from test flights I’ve been making and testing of a new map overlay to help you figure out where things are at and the direction the camera is looking.

I’m very close to a milestone on YouTube, 10,000 subscribers and 1,000,000 views so please be sure to subscribe and share the videos with your friends. It really doesn’t mean much on YouTube and has no real value until you realize the very select audience for my work and hitting these numbers represents a lot of loyalty of the viewers. Thanks to everyone for watching.

The Villages 9-20-2020 Construction Update - YouTube
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-20-2020, 04:17 PM

I have a speculation about why the north ramp of the Chitty Chatty bridge has an extra lane.

That north ramp is very steep. Bicyclists who want to cross the bridge will have to gear down and go slow to make it up. Might the extra lane be for "slow moving vehicles" ? At the top of the ramp bicyclists would merge with the golf carts.

The south ramp is much longer and less steep. No need for the "slow moving vehicle" lane.

Of course that leaves the question of where pedestrians should walk.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Thanks for the St. Catherine flyover.

Glad to see that you won't be ending up on the soup line from having to pay out that $10k..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-20-2020, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,318 Times in 872 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

Glad to see that you won't be ending up on the soup line from having to pay out that $10k..
Not as happy as his wife . As always, thanks for all the effort, the information and the truth.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Gold member

As always, wonderful and informative. Don, if you had a wild guess.......when do you foresee the Brownwood Bridge opening up? I'm thinking a year.
Old 09-20-2020, 06:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Another great video!! Love the map insert.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:31 PM

Another great update. Thank you.
Old 09-21-2020, 05:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
As always, wonderful and informative. Don, if you had a wild guess.......when do you foresee the Brownwood Bridge opening up? I'm thinking a year.
For safety concerns I doubt that they'll open the BW bridge until both BW and WL are complete and there is significant construction of homes in the area between. A joint opening of both bridges would not be out of the question.

The BW bridge of late seems not to be a high priority, and rightfully so, as they focus on the CC and WL bridges.

I think the key will be the WL bridge and how fast it can be completed. When the ramps are nearing completion and the MMPs are in starting to be paved we'll have a much better idea. My best guess based on watching the construction progress between the WL and BW bridges is March-April time frame.

I think next year will be a banner year for growth in The Villages. We'll see all 3 bridges open by mid-Spring, Sawgrass Grove open by Labor Day, the Bexley bridge over the Turnpike started, Magnolia Plaza open in the spring, and work start on the areas south of Monarch Grove. It will be fun and interesting to watch.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 09-21-2020, 05:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
I have a speculation about why the north ramp of the Chitty Chatty bridge has an extra lane.

That north ramp is very steep. Bicyclists who want to cross the bridge will have to gear down and go slow to make it up. Might the extra lane be for "slow moving vehicles" ? At the top of the ramp bicyclists would merge with the golf carts.

The south ramp is much longer and less steep. No need for the "slow moving vehicle" lane.

Of course that leaves the question of where pedestrians should walk.
You may be right. I think it’s a Bungee Jump lane, or Lovers Leap. Two more fun recreational activities we are pleased to offer our residents! (Laughing)
Old 09-21-2020, 05:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not as happy as his wife . As always, thanks for all the effort, the information and the truth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post

I was/am ready to pay if there was something out there and then go to bat for those who may have been legitimately entitled to have their amenity fee "capped". Of course, I was hedging my bets that the developer was smart enough to not put something so stupid as a "cap" in any document as it would be been a world class business blunder, something I don't see them making. But I am breathing easier and the wife has stopped giving me the stink eye (for now).

As the Amenity Fee structure stands, we, the residents, are very well protected from increases with the CPI adjustment being the only increase one would see unless you decide to buy a new home and move. The CPI works in our favor but not the budget's. The budget is favored by the Reset that happens when a home is resold and by the work the District Staff does each year to control costs. Together it's a good balance that has been working well for many years.
www.goldwingnut.com
Old 09-21-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Always love your videos. I hope one you will continue the flyovers of our older golf courses.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:49 AM

do you have still pictures from a high enough point to show all construction South of the Turnpike? I find the map posted by The Villages (family) not accurate. Roads moved, Prison left out, Quarries look small compared to reality. In short, a "photo shopped" best presentation. I don't blame any business to put a Best Foot forward in Advertising. Just looking for the truth.

Thanks for your dedication on Our community.
Old 09-21-2020, 09:06 AM

Thanks Don, wonderful video. I'm not getting any audio. Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-21-2020, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Here’s a new construction update as well as the results of the $10,000 Amenity Fee Giveaway that I announced about 6 weeks ago.

The rainy and windy weather we’ve been having the last few weeks has severely limited my ability to plan and fly to get the needed footage. Some of the footage in this video is actually from test flights I’ve been making and testing of a new map overlay to help you figure out where things are at and the direction the camera is looking.

I’m very close to a milestone on YouTube, 10,000 subscribers and 1,000,000 views so please be sure to subscribe and share the videos with your friends. It really doesn’t mean much on YouTube and has no real value until you realize the very select audience for my work and hitting these numbers represents a lot of loyalty of the viewers. Thanks to everyone for watching.

The Villages 9-20-2020 Construction Update - YouTube
Are you the man that the residents bought a new drone for ?

Do you receive compensation from Utube ?
Old 09-21-2020, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post

. . . and work start on the areas south of Monarch Grove.
You probably already noticed they started running underground power distribution in this area.
Closed Thread

Tags
construction, weeks, footage, youtube, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.