Villages Agents & Veranda "spying" - is this a reasonable ask?

Old 05-11-2024, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealRick View Post
I have been in my veranda for 2 years now. Prior to buying I went to the Sumpter County website (sorry but I don't recall the address) you can look up the permits and plans. My salesperson was impressed that I knew how many of each model there was and the areas they were built.
I've been digging through the Sumter Co website and not located plans & permits (yet). Only thing I found so far was the Sumter Co. GIS interactive map, which isn't revealing the lot, permits or plans info. I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:55 PM

Our agent knew which verandas were available and which ones were coming available. We got into ours a week before it went up for sale, did a walk through and were able to get a deal signed on it the day it came online.

Hike naked, it adds color to your cheeks!
Old 05-12-2024, 08:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
How experienced is the agent? I have had experienced agents show me houses under construction before they were released for sale. If you see a house that you want, the agent will place a hold on it for you as soon as it is released. Technically, this may not be allowed, but it is definitely done. It doesn't make sense to do business with an inexperienced sales agent.
You have some proof of this?
Old 05-12-2024, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Agents have the release list 48 hours before the 8am release sale day. Prior to that they are guessing.

Each agent (there are close to 350 VLS active agents) will have a list of clients for the houses on the wish list. Agent at 8am hits send. If you are #1 you have 24 hours to accept and write a check or reject, then house goes to next in line. Your agent can screen shot what number you are for that house. We knew every lot or house model, in early stages, but the release for any property is given to every agent at the same eBlast.

In 2010, 2012, had zero issues getting the house we wanted. It wasn’t until Richmond that took us 15 times to get #1.

Last edited by thelegges; 05-13-2024 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
But, some agents do find out. I wouldn't call it spying. They find out because the developer wants them to find out. They are operating a release date system that has leaks, and the leaks are intentional to benefit certain agents. That is why it is a good idea to work with an experienced sales agent. It makes no sense to work with an agent who has only been working for The Villages for a few months.
That’s just not true. I’m not trying to argue but they don’t tell certain agents. All the agents have the exact same knowledge and information. It’s all about their level of determination. I started with one SA and felt like they were lazy and didn’t really care to show me around. I went with a family friend who I didn’t know was a SA and they were so different. Much more helpful. The lazy one was more experienced. Neither knew about any future opening dates. They know what they know and nobody knows more than anyone else. Which is why you won’t see anyone respond on this post. “My agent told me ahead of time” IF the developers did that, it would make more sense to give the inside info to less experienced SA’s to get them buyers. But they don’t. People like Beth Pope are no better at getting you a house which my neighbor used her to sell her house and couldn’t sell it with Beth so she switch to someone else and it finally sold. I’d go with the young and hungry. ALWAYS

Last edited by Kelevision; 05-13-2024 at 05:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2024, 05:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freehiker View Post
Our agent knew which verandas were available and which ones were coming available. We got into ours a week before it went up for sale, did a walk through and were able to get a deal signed on it the day it came online.
So you didn’t get it a week before. You were put on a list for it and got it when it was released. Anyone can do that. All the SA know what’s coming but they don’t know the exact date. Anyone can put a house on a wait list and buy it the date they open. Most people do this already.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,886 Times in 5,317 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
I don't have written proof, but I had an experienced agent drive me through a new area of villas set to be released in a few days. The agent told me to select a few houses and she would attempt to place a hold on them when they were released. I decided to not buy in that area. I think that agents become successful by knowing the process and assisting buyers to get the house they want. That is what the OP is asking about.
Old 05-13-2024, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,752 Times in 968 Posts

Quote:
I don't have written proof, but I had an experienced agent drive me through a new area of villas set to be released in a few days. The agent told me to select a few houses and she would attempt to place a hold on them when they were released. I decided to not buy in that area. I think that agents become successful by knowing the process and assisting buyers to get the house they want. That is what the OP is asking about.
An important word. It supports what others have been saying. All agents have an equal shot at securing homes for their clients. In 2021, my friends who sell for PoTV talked about sitting at their keyboards tapping the key to try to time the release and beat the others who were also tapping.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-the-Butcher View Post
My wife and I are considering a Veranda in The Villages. We are aware all newly-built Verandas are 'spec' homes and that you cannot build to your own preferences.

Our Villages Sales Agent has indicated that they don't know what's coming in a given Veranda community until a week or so prior to actual sales release. Clearly the TV knows exactly what's being built on any given lot, months ahead of time, but our Agent's response implies that information isn't shared with Agents until just before release.

Have any of you had success with your Villages Sales Agent, such that they 'surveyed' a Veranda community ahead of time (on your behalf), seeking out pre-release information for you (i.e. Veranda model, lot #, directional orientation, etc.) more than a few weeks out?

While most traditional Real Estate Agents will bend over backwards to get you the home you want, is this an unreasonable 'ask' for a Villages Sales rep? Or, are they not allowed to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Go to the county. The county must approve the permit prior to the slab being poured.

Tags
villages, veranda, agents, sales, information

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.