The Villages IS America’s Friendliest Hometown

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2023, 08:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hape2Bhr View Post
I am guessing it may have gotten old for you at 5 or 6 months...too bad.
He's not even in TV..............Jus on the site to share his sad life.

Enjoy the best place on earth.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Give it 5 or 6 years here. Wait until the kool-aid wears off.

Its not paradise or the frienliest place.

All new people down here experience a great deal of friendship and waving….its new…just wait until it gets old
I have been here full time for 8 years now and I am still overjoyed at my good fortune to have found this wonderful place to live.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Are we Villagers friendly or are we just sharing the kool-ade like another friendly utopian group 40+ years ago?
I couldn't be happier here in The Villages. LOVE this place.

BTW..........What group are you referring to from 40+ years ago?
Old 05-10-2023, 05:26 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:

All new people down here experience a great deal of friendship and waving….its new…just wait until it gets old
OH MY!!!! I'll be going into my 5th year soon and have ZERO expectation that "it'll get old". I'd be hard pressed to ever take The Villages for granted.
Attached Images
unknown-jpeg 
Old 05-10-2023, 05:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:

Hubby and I are here since 2009; the first few years as seasonal residents with a villa in Duval and then full time residents in our home in Mallory Square. I guess I'm still drinking the Kool-Aide because we both still love it here. IMHO, there is no better place to call home, especially as retirees.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I’m at my 5 month mark of living here, I am continually amazed how friendly and welcoming the majority of residents are here in The Villages. The bonding and instant friendship or neighbors, the smiles and hellos of people you pass on the walking trails and streets, the enthusiasm and good sportsmanship of those you play golf and pickleball with, the politeness and friendly checkers at Publix, the community where people have manners and practice good etiquette, and especially the kind, caring, positive and patient people (mostly) on TOTV. This all still overwhelms me, and I hope over time I don’t forget how blessed I am to live here (especially in this crazy world) and take The Villages for granted. Retirement IS really the best times of our lives if we want it to be. 😀🙏🏻
Very well said. My wife and I are just past our 6 month mark and feel the same way. We could not be happier with where we chose to live here in The Villages.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I couldn't be happier here in The Villages. LOVE this place.

BTW..........What group are you referring to from 40+ years ago?
My guess is Jim Jones/Guyana/Jonestown/People's Temple and hence the Kool-Aid reference.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisuccia View Post
i have been here full time for 8 years now and i am still overjoyed at my good fortune to have found this wonderful place to live.
welcome aboard
Old 05-10-2023, 06:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael 61 View Post
hi - thanks for asking - initially it was a big challenge to meet neighbors, as i have three air bnb’s on my block, and the rest of homes on my block are short term rentals. However, during my twice-daily walks, i have met some wonderful neighbors on the streets nearby, and have begun to socialize with them at their homes, and out at the squares, boozy bingo at sawgrass, and at trivia at lake okahumpka. Also, playing pickleball golf, shuffleboard and water volleyball with lots of richmond (and surrounding villages) folks. My social calendar has really taken off - i’m building a birdcage this week, and looking forward to using it to entertain and having neighbors over. I just had to be a bit patient with meeting neighbors, but meeting lots now.
happy for you. Join some clubs. Heard the weather club has great discussions.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Tell us, what do you think?
Inappropriate response
Old 05-10-2023, 06:36 AM

Michael – I completely agree. Every day I wake up and go outside and just feel so blessed by all this paradise that surrounds us! So much to do, so many wonderful people!
Old 05-10-2023, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I’m at my 5 month mark of living here, I am continually amazed how friendly and welcoming the majority of residents are here in The Villages. The bonding and instant friendship or neighbors, the smiles and hellos of people you pass on the walking trails and streets, the enthusiasm and good sportsmanship of those you play golf and pickleball with, the politeness and friendly checkers at Publix, the community where people have manners and practice good etiquette, and especially the kind, caring, positive and patient people (mostly) on TOTV. This all still overwhelms me, and I hope over time I don’t forget how blessed I am to live here (especially in this crazy world) and take The Villages for granted. Retirement IS really the best times of our lives if we want it to be. 😀🙏🏻
Totally agree. I am still working part time since moving here and even the customers are for the most part very friendly and positive.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,687 Times in 973 Posts

A few years ago, when snowbirding here was still a new experience for me, some friends of ours form Upstate NY visited. I took my buddy for a cart tour. I was telling him how friendly and helpful people in TV seem to be. So, being relatively new here myself, I got a tad confused as to the best route to take, and basically, where the heck we were, so I pulled off the MMP for a sec to look at the GPS app, and while we were doing that, 3 different people stopped to ask us if we were OK.
After the 3rd cart stopped to ask, in a matter of a few minutes, my buddy looked at me and said something like "Wow, these people really are friendly." I told him that if we stayed parked a little longer we'd probably get an invitation for cards and dinner.

Edit: And that was BEFORE I bought my loofah!
Old 05-10-2023, 07:22 AM

Who doesn't love a little kool-aid with their cookies?
I pray I'm never to old to enjoy them...
Old 05-10-2023, 07:28 AM
Veteran member

Oh Yeah ! The Villagers sure are friendly. Why, just the other day, a strange woman offered me a ride ...... and then I noticed the colored scrunchie on top of her car.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, people, good, friendly, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.