The Villages IS America’s Friendliest Hometown

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2023, 07:38 AM

So glad your patience paid off. My experience here has been nothing but positive 🙂
Old 05-10-2023, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Give it 5 or 6 years here. Wait until the kool-aid wears off.

Its not paradise or the frienliest place.

All new people down here experience a great deal of friendship and waving….its new…just wait until it gets old
We’ve been living here 14 years and still feel it was one of the best decisions we ever made.
Old 05-10-2023, 08:42 AM
Default ❤️Happiness❤️

Michael I’d say the people here are very lucky that you chose to live in the Villages. You are friendly, patient, non judge mental, and I bet a wonderful neighbor. I always enjoy reading your posts and wish you many happy and fulfilling years of retirement in The Villages!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
I’m at my 5 month mark of living here, I am continually amazed how friendly and welcoming the majority of residents are here in The Villages. The bonding and instant friendship or neighbors, the smiles and hellos of people you pass on the walking trails and streets, the enthusiasm and good sportsmanship of those you play golf and pickleball with, the politeness and friendly checkers at Publix, the community where people have manners and practice good etiquette, and especially the kind, caring, positive and patient people (mostly) on TOTV. This all still overwhelms me, and I hope over time I don’t forget how blessed I am to live here (especially in this crazy world) and take The Villages for granted. Retirement IS really the best times of our lives if we want it to be. 😀🙏🏻
Old 05-10-2023, 08:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Michael 61, I agree with you, I got along with everybody. Just me but the ones that complain, I either think they aren’t telling us the whole story or they always have been complainers themselves. You’re right TV is a good place to live. So don’t be a complainer & ruin it for everybody else, if they’re that miserable move, the good people of TV that live there for years don’t need TV turn around & be miserable!
Old 05-10-2023, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Give it 5 or 6 years here. Wait until the kool-aid wears off.

Its not paradise or the frienliest place.

All new people down here experience a great deal of friendship and waving….its new…just wait until it gets old
over 20 years here living from one tip of the villages to the other , then back towards the middle and this place only gets better and better with more fun things and places to enjoy
Old 05-10-2023, 09:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker14 View Post

Edit: And that was BEFORE I bought my loofah!
Old 05-10-2023, 09:33 AM

Amen! Totally agree!
Old 05-10-2023, 10:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Are we Villagers friendly or are we just sharing the kool-ade like another friendly utopian group 40+ years ago?
Personally, I don't drink Kool-Ade.
Old 05-10-2023, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe C. View Post
Oh Yeah ! The Villagers sure are friendly. Why, just the other day, a strange woman offered me a ride ...... and then I noticed the colored scrunchie on top of her car.
What color?

-Tom Petty
Old 05-10-2023, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I’m at my 5 month mark of living here, I am continually amazed how friendly and welcoming the majority of residents are here in The Villages. The bonding and instant friendship or neighbors, the smiles and hellos of people you pass on the walking trails and streets, the enthusiasm and good sportsmanship of those you play golf and pickleball with, the politeness and friendly checkers at Publix, the community where people have manners and practice good etiquette, and especially the kind, caring, positive and patient people (mostly) on TOTV. This all still overwhelms me, and I hope over time I don’t forget how blessed I am to live here (especially in this crazy world) and take The Villages for granted. Retirement IS really the best times of our lives if we want it to be. 😀🙏🏻
I'm so glad your back Michael. Your enthusiasm and positivity always inspires me!
Old 05-10-2023, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Michael 61, I agree with you, I got along with everybody. Just me but the ones that complain, I either think they aren’t telling us the whole story or they always have been complainers themselves. You’re right TV is a good place to live. So don’t be a complainer & ruin it for everybody else, if they’re that miserable move, the good people of TV that live there for years don’t need TV turn around & be miserable!
Amen.

No matter where you go there will be people who aren't satisfied until everyone else is as miserable as they are. And TV is certainly no exception to that.

Misery loves company. Even if you have to go out of your way to recruit it.
Old 05-10-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I find that store or restaurant employees aren’t too nice or helpful. But the neighbors are, yes, I’ve found that to be true.
Old 05-10-2023, 01:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe c. View Post
oh yeah ! The villagers sure are friendly. Why, just the other day, a strange woman offered me a ride ...... And then i noticed the colored scrunchie on top of her car.
what was your exact location
Old 05-10-2023, 04:01 PM

I have been living in The Villages since 2001 and love it more and more with each year. They only had Spanish Springs square at the time. I got to slowly learn my way around as they built all the different squares, stores, restaurants, etc. My sense of direction has always been bad and it helped to be able to grow with The Villages. If you move here now, expect to get lost a lot, but have fun. I plan to be here until the end of my life. It is a beautiful place to live.
Old 05-10-2023, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

We have been here since 2013, and are still enjoying it everyday, I have made several friends when providing help to them, and them lots more friends through bowling and occasional golfing.

Tags
villages, people, good, friendly, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.