The Villages boundaries?

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Default The Villages boundaries?

Where are The Villages boundaries? Interested in some of the neighborhoods in the Spanish Springs area, then got confused by Zillow/Redfin when I search for homes in The Villages, FL and these areas are outside the boundary line (ie. Avenue de las Casas, the Cortez neighborhood). Another map, villagershomes4rent, shows Silver Lake and Orange Blossom, across US441, as part of The Villages. Not moving for another 6 yrs and not excluding any areas at this time but want to be sure the amenities fee we'll be paying includes all the rec centers, golf courses, etc. I want to be a Villager, not a close-to-The-Villages villager.
thx!, Suzanne
Old 09-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Sage

The area across 441 from Spanish Springs is part of The Villages, and, in fact, it is where it all began. There are two family areas near Spanish Springs that do not have access to the amenities and are not considered part of TV. One is along 466 and the other behind the Target shopping center.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

If you are a Village Resident you have access to all that the Villages has to offer regardless of which Village you happen to live in. You will be issued a photo ID card at closing of your house purchase which gets you access to all the amenities of The Villages. For this you will pay an amenity fee---which currently is approximately $145.00 a month.

For just 5.00 you can purchase a "hands on" map of The Villages which is very useful for a "newbee" to The Villages. Of course, The Villages website is also very useful. Enjoy and welcome to TOTV.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Where are The Villages boundaries?

Just north of Orlando and and on southern limits of Ocala.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

check out the maps section of districgov.org that is one of the better visuals of the Villages boundaries
Old 09-05-2016, 01:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post

Yea , I heard about that and the fact that Disneyworld is going to be the newest public square acquired
Old 09-05-2016, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

This link will give you the general info (Google maps) but it is out of date, as it does not show the newest villages in the Fruitland park area.

Google Maps

Also, there is the new village of Fenny, West of Coleman, and about 4-5 south of Brownwood, NOT golf cart accessible to the rest of the villages.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
Where are The Villages boundaries? Interested in some of the neighborhoods in the Spanish Springs area, then got confused by Zillow/Redfin when I search for homes in The Villages, FL and these areas are outside the boundary line (ie. Avenue de las Casas, the Cortez neighborhood). Another map, villagershomes4rent, shows Silver Lake and Orange Blossom, across US441, as part of The Villages. Not moving for another 6 yrs and not excluding any areas at this time but want to be sure the amenities fee we'll be paying includes all the rec centers, golf courses, etc. I want to be a Villager, not a close-to-The-Villages villager.
thx!, Suzanne

All these areas are part of the Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeod View Post
The area across 441 from Spanish Springs is part of The Villages, and, in fact, it is where it all began. There are two family areas near Spanish Springs that do not have access to the amenities and are not considered part of TV. One is along 466 and the other behind the Target shopping center.
And there are two others, for a total of four.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Thanks! I was originally confused by the districtgov.org map b/c there are areas named District 1, District 2, etc and the yellow area by Spanish Springs is named Lady Lake/Lake County. Thought it wasn't part of The Villages/District #'s areas. Is it really so hard to keep the same naming convention?! (only kidding!)

Last yr, before my husband and I were even considering retiring to TV, his parents invited us to spend a week this coming Feb. in an Orlando timeshare. We're so happy we said "yes!" b/c TV is the place for us and we'll be putting in the rental car miles driving around the area. I love the webcams of the 3 town squares! Totally envious of those of you already living in TV while the rest of us just watch from afar. And we will splurge on the $5 map.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:

And east to west, from Ocala National Forest to Homosassa Bay.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:

For now!

Old 10-13-2016, 06:11 AM
Sage

No matter how great you think the villages are or whatever flattering things people say, its even better than you can imagine in a short visit.

So clean and friendly you feel like you croaked and went to frog heaven.

But the build out is near and you should buy before the prices double
Old 10-13-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
No matter how great you think the villages are or whatever flattering things people say, its even better than you can imagine in a short visit.

So clean and friendly you feel like you croaked and went to frog heaven.

But the build out is near and you should buy before the prices double
I've hearing that since about 2006.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarron01 View Post
Thanks! I was originally confused by the districtgov.org map b/c there are areas named District 1, District 2, etc and the yellow area by Spanish Springs is named Lady Lake/Lake County. Thought it wasn't part of The Villages/District #'s areas. Is it really so hard to keep the same naming convention?! (only kidding!)

Last yr, before my husband and I were even considering retiring to TV, his parents invited us to spend a week this coming Feb. in an Orlando timeshare. We're so happy we said "yes!" b/c TV is the place for us and we'll be putting in the rental car miles driving around the area. I love the webcams of the 3 town squares! Totally envious of those of you already living in TV while the rest of us just watch from afar. And we will splurge on the $5 map.
I remember that is the way I felt before moving here. No amount of words can describe how beautiful it is here! It's more of a feeling you get while you are her and it is kept immaculate. Almost never see a scrap of paper around the golf cart paths and roadways. One visit and you will be sold on buying here. IMHO

Wherever you decide to live in TV, you will have access to all of the amenities. Buy the map but TV is still growing if you want to buy a new home. There are a number of homes in the historic section, (OBG and Sliver Lake area), that have been torn down and new homes have been built. Nobody knows when that project will end.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, villager, boundaries, areas, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.