The Villages Christmas Parade

Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
Places in the Xmas parade are competitive -- you don't just sign up. You have to have something clever/beautiful/unusual/fun or whatever to stand out and get selected to participate. Start coming up with ideas!
Unfortunately, The Villages' powers-that-be choose to totally ignore TOTV and we have not been given any reason why. Notice, you never see any TOTV pictures and/or events that are so popular with TOTV posted in The Villages Daily Sun. Never!!

This first came about when our TOTV Owners (Jan et al) wanted to put a TOTV ad in the Sun and were refused and when questioned why, no response or reason was offered them. That rationale seems so unfathomable considering all of the "positives" abounded by TOTV in this development that have obviously increased sales tremendously. Would be interesting to know just how many peeps have purchased in TV because of the great publicity via TOTV members having expressed their happiness moving here and to encourage "wannabe's" to come share the "paradise."

I do hope that your plans survive for TOTV to be a part of the Christmas Parade and good luck! This commentary is shared with you without malice toward anyone....merely to inform you of what I had experienced some years ago here and it continues, obviously unnoticed by most. In this case, I do hope that I am mistaken.

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney

Last edited by barb1191; 11-22-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
We would like to bring some of the unusual Bikes down again for 2010
We are looking for others to be in a unit with us, or to join a unit'

We've toured in over a dozen parades this year and usually bring home top honors because of the unusual nature of some of the entrants.

We have the four seater bike, the colorful trikes, and the penny farthing'

Here's a shot of our old timer in front of a small group of a quarter million in the back yard of 1600 PA Avenue July 4

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...070402461.html

This year, we have an even more unique unit, the only known one on the planet, that awed the crowd in DC as it made its debut at the Bot Scout 100 year parade this summer in DC

If we can get the invite, we'll head down - and will gladly invite any and all people on bicycles to join us

L and L

Just curious how you get those bikes to events? How do you get them to Florida from Northern Virginia or Maryland?

The photo on the Post photo page is awesome BTW!!
Old 11-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

I can't get the Post link to open; perhaps it was removed due to copyright? And, I've never heard Graciegirl agree to chair the entry.

It sounds to me like Larry and Linda should go through the application process as it seems an entry from TOTV is not likely.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Default Well kept secrets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9-Lovers View Post
I can't get the Post link to open; perhaps it was removed due to copyright? And, I've never heard Graciegirl agree to chair the entry.

It sounds to me like Larry and Linda should go through the application process as it seems an entry from TOTV is not likely.
Just like TOTV gets the squelch from VDS, the Parade is not exactly well publicized

If you do a google search the postings on totv and video by the are the ones that appear.

We leave bikes 'down home' except for the new one that made its international debut at the Boy Scouts' centennial parade this summer.
We will truck it down if we get in.

The directors of the DC Cherry Blossom and Independence Day events, as well as the Baltimore Mayors' and Thanksgiving parades (totalling a million point five spectators agree... their events are not the same without us - and they make sure they get us early so they don't lose us.

Anyone have a way to get us an app asap?

We did get in last year and if we make it in 2010 we'll invite any totv comrades to 'ride along' - we even have some extra bikes and trikes.

L and L

Still overworked in Rural Md......
......visiting our TV homes when possible
Old 11-23-2010, 04:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
Anyone have a way to get us an app asap?

We did get in last year and if we make it in 2010 we'll invite any totv comrades to 'ride along' - we even have some extra bikes and trikes.

L and L
There was an app in last weeks recreation news (also in the online version) but it stated the deadline for registering was Nov 19.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.