The Villages Construction Update #132

Old 10-23-2023, 08:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Nothing yet, the road and MMPs are still under construction and with all of the heavy equipment moving in the area right now it would be a bad idea to go down the roads at the risk of becoming a grease spot on the pavement.
Understood, thanks
Old 10-23-2023, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
It's not unusual for them to use sell companies to buy properties here in Sumter and surrounding counties. A typical example of this is the Landstone development, a few years ago (8? if I recall) it was purchased by a company whose principal partner was a prominent individual in the running of the Charter School and lived in the Glenn Hollow community (where the developer's family and close business associates live). It certainly wasn't an effort to compete against the developer. Magically, the property was purchased from them by the developer and is now what we know as Middleton. There are quite a few of these here in Sumter County, it takes some (a lot) digging in public records, but the trail usually ends were expected. Disney did the same thing in the 60's for WDW, as have a great many other companies. It's not illegal and it's a key tool in keeping land acquisition costs from spiraling out of control.
They arr brilliant businessmen and for sure they plan well into the future. No reason not to buy land using shell companies.
Old 10-23-2023, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Hi Don

Any word on the multi modal paths that will eventually connect the area of the Southern Oaks bridge to the Fenney area ??
The Corbin Trail extension beyond Monarch Grove was paved last week, so we might be getting closer.

Amazingly, when I drove by tonight, two golf carts had gone around the concrete barrier and decided to joy ride down the closed road.
Old 10-23-2023, 09:50 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
The Corbin Trail extension beyond Monarch Grove was paved last week, so we might be getting closer.

Amazingly, when I drove by tonight, two golf carts had gone around the concrete barrier and decided to joy ride down the closed road.
When I was shooting video of it on Friday there were 2 golf carts and 5 bicycles that came out of the area beyond the barriers in a 10-minute time frame. It will still be a while until it is opened - for safety reasons because of the big off-road dump truck running around the area. A 100-ton truck vs. a 650 lbs. golf cart, would not be pretty.

If someone gets hurt or a golf cart breaks down and can't be towed out the crying will begin, and then they'll try to blame the developer. Never stops amazing me how careless people can be, as we used to say when I was in the Navy - The stupid shall be punished.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 10-24-2023, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
They arr brilliant businessmen and for sure they plan well into the future. No reason not to buy land using shell companies.
Nothing wrong with that until there is...
Old 10-24-2023, 04:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Makes me wonder how much more property they own that other than the family nobody is aware of.

amazing developers

Looking closely at Google Maps, there are traces of unannounced , roads, maybe from the construction driver phones/GPS, that could give a hint where things are headed?
Old 10-24-2023, 06:16 AM

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your videos each month. Your videos filled with intriguing facts every month are a real eye opener and delight.

I can't wait to see more of your updates – keep up the amazing work!
Old 10-24-2023, 07:25 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Nothing wrong with that until there is...
They have built a better mousetrap so lots of people want to move here. Think this will continue long after we are gone.
Old 10-24-2023, 08:28 AM

Thanks Don! Good work.
Old 10-24-2023, 10:15 AM

Thanks, Don! Great work. The only thing I continue to be concerned with is, having to continually grow the workers here? With all the expansion, along with the development(s) in Wildwood and surrounding areas, I still can't envision that many people will move here for mostly service-related jobs?
Old 10-24-2023, 01:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
Thanks, Don! Great work. The only thing I continue to be concerned with is, having to continually grow the workers here? With all the expansion, along with the development(s) in Wildwood and surrounding areas, I still can't envision that many people will move here for mostly service-related jobs?
The developer does not seem to have a problem getting workers. Suspect he pays above market wages and treats his people well
Old 10-24-2023, 02:23 PM

Lets hope so?!
Old 10-24-2023, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
What is your definition of “service-related jobs”?
Old 10-26-2023, 05:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
I still can't envision that many people will move here for mostly service-related jobs?
You have some holes in your knowledge of Sumter and surrounding counties and the people that work and live here. It is not all about The Villages, yes The Villages is the principal economic driver in the area, but that economy consist of more than the clerk at the checkout line or the kid dropping fries at a fast food restaurant. The Villages has been a catalyst for growth in the area, driving taxes to an all time low and has attracted many businesses related and not related to The Villages.

There are thousand of hard working and highly skilled construction workers and heavy equipment operators employed in Sumter County. Outside of "the bubble" the commercial and industrial base of the county is growing, something most Villager's never see or know anything about. There is a growing tourism industry beyond just what is in the town squares that is growing in Sumter County.

In Wildwood this year an estimated 1500 new homes and apartments will be built, in addition to the 3500+ homes The Villages will build, to support the growing industries of Sumter County. It's not all about The Villages and "service-related jobs". There is much much more here than most Villager's know or recognize.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 01-08-2024, 02:25 PM
Default Leesburg Turnpike Wastewater Facility

Looking at property at Dabney and just yesterday discovered this facility and learned about the company building it and slated output. It's going to be a huge wastewater plant and now I have major concerns about moving to Dabney or Lake Denham. Am I overexaggerating? 6 Million gallons of wastewater being treated a day. Yikes!

Quote:
Since 470 runs east-west I'm not 100% sure of what area you're talking about. If you're talking about the area south of Dabney/470 and North/east of the Turnpike that is opposite of the Secret Promise property they acquired in August, then yes, they own 550 acres of that area (most of it) and have a wastewater agreement with the city of Leesburg as a part of that purchase that happened about 2 years ago. The highlighted area in the lower right corner of the attached picture, just south of Dabney.

Tags
villages, growth, video, #132, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.