The Villages Construction Update #132

Old 03-16-2024, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking at property at Dabney and just yesterday discovered this facility and learned about the company building it and slated output. It's going to be a huge wastewater plant and now I have major concerns about moving to Dabney or Lake Denham. Am I overexaggerating? 6 Million gallons of wastewater being treated a day. Yikes!

Yes and I Poop at least 1 million gallons myself. I can't relate to your issue because the poop plant in my home town is design to process 136 million gallons of waste water a day....so 6 in the broad scheme of things is nothing. Every time you run water in your kitchen or wash clothes or take an hour shower it's wastewater. It all goes in the same pipe. My new home is very close by your Non-Issue. You should come visit instead of asking online questions....you might actually love it here
Old 03-17-2024, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawgInLakeDenham View Post
Yes and I Poop at least 1 million gallons myself. I can't relate to your issue because the poop plant in my home town is design to process 136 million gallons of waste water a day....so 6 in the broad scheme of things is nothing. Every time you run water in your kitchen or wash clothes or take an hour shower it's wastewater. It all goes in the same pipe. My new home is very close by your Non-Issue. You should come visit instead of asking online questions....you might actually love it here

Are we talking about the expansion at 1600 County Rd 470? Link below? Looks like there's already a plant there that's being expanded? I don't expect this will affect us in Lake Denham. Don? All I'm finding is groundbreaking back in 2020.

Groundbreaking scheduled for Leesburg wastewater facility project

Ribbon-cutting ceremony set for Leesburg wastewater treatment plant project - Leesburg-News.com

Also, Don do you have any idea how long it will take to start the 470 widening? Another thread someone said not until the 2030s.

Thanks!

Last edited by frayedends; 03-17-2024 at 06:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2024, 08:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,519 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Are we talking about the expansion at 1600 County Rd 470? Link below? Looks like there's already a plant there that's being expanded? I don't expect this will affect us in Lake Denham. Don? All I'm finding is groundbreaking back in 2020.

Groundbreaking scheduled for Leesburg wastewater facility project

Ribbon-cutting ceremony set for Leesburg wastewater treatment plant project - Leesburg-News.com

Also, Don do you have any idea how long it will take to start the 470 widening? Another thread someone said not until the 2030s.

Thanks!
2030 is unlikely based on the work already happening with 470 and Central Parkway at the Sumter-Lake county line. I would expect work to start in the next 12 months or so based on the other related work.

As far as the WWTP goes, as I recall, when the developer purchased the 550 acres south of 470 is that there was an agreement to provide additional upgrades to the WWTP facilities, I'll need to dig in my archives to see what I can find on that topic to be 100% certain.

I wouldn't be concerned about the plant, there are others throughout (within) The Villages that have been in operation for years (decades?) that go unnoticed by most residents. The latest of these is in Moultrie Creek - the Gibson WWTP. These modern facilities have strict operating guidelines and are designed not to emit the odors that people think of coming from these plants from many decades ago.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 03-17-2024, 10:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
2030 is unlikely based on the work already happening with 470 and Central Parkway at the Sumter-Lake county line. I would expect work to start in the next 12 months or so based on the other related work.

As far as the WWTP goes, as I recall, when the developer purchased the 550 acres south of 470 is that there was an agreement to provide additional upgrades to the WWTP facilities, I'll need to dig in my archives to see what I can find on that topic to be 100% certain.

I wouldn't be concerned about the plant, there are others throughout (within) The Villages that have been in operation for years (decades?) that go unnoticed by most residents. The latest of these is in Moultrie Creek - the Gibson WWTP. These modern facilities have strict operating guidelines and are designed not to emit the odors that people think of coming from these plants from many decades ago.

Thanks Don! Always appreciate your input.
Old 03-17-2024, 05:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,045 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyOz View Post
Looking at property at Dabney and just yesterday discovered this facility and learned about the company building it and slated output. It's going to be a huge wastewater plant and now I have major concerns about moving to Dabney or Lake Denham. Am I overexaggerating? 6 Million gallons of wastewater being treated a day. Yikes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post

There is Wastewater Treatment Plant behind the Fire Station on Bonita BLVD, emits significant odors, occasionally. Anyone who spends time at the Brinson-Perry Dog park, can certainly attest to that.

That said, I suspect it relates to typical maintenance or possibly a temporary malfunction. With modern technology, there's no reason for a WTP to emit significant odors on a regular basis.

6M Gallons isn't a huge treatment plant, but it does indicate it's designed to accommodate approximately 120,000 people (average flow is about 50-60 gallons/person/day). WTP's are scaleable, so the number you read for potential flows, might simply be the potential at "build-out".

(I'm the permit holder for (2) private WTP's and a 3rd one in design, so I have some experience with WTP's.)

Last edited by BrianL99; 03-17-2024 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 10:23 PM

I am always amazed with what the developer is doing!
Old 03-18-2024, 07:00 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,639 Times in 443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
I am always amazed with what the developer is doing!
Yep, all this future development will be exciting to watch unfold over the years to come. Reinforces that I made the correct decision to retire to The Villages. There is no other community like ours anywhere! Aren't we fortunate and blessed to be here at this stage in our lives!
Old 03-18-2024, 10:07 AM
Default prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
Yep, all this future development will be exciting to watch unfold over the years to come. Reinforces that I made the correct decision to retire to The Villages. There is no other community like ours anywhere! Aren't we fortunate and blessed to be here at this stage in our lives!
well there's definitely no fomo indicators and watching the Gilbo Realty "new home updates" and the Dabney homes new for sale and Lake Denham 249 new homes sitting before they would have sold quickly.. I also watched some of the videos on prices falling. I dont see any mortgage rate drops coming. I would wait to buy for that blessing.. The market is changing fast and when i see this "In the Sunshine State, active listings have grown much faster than in the rest of the country in recent months—causing a drop in prices that hasn't been met with an equivalent growth in sales as of yet. Journalist Lance Lambert wrote for ResiClub that active listings in Florida were up 45.8 percent in February compared to a year before.

Cape Coral saw the fastest increase in active listings in the entire country from January to February, with the number of total homes for sale climbing by a staggering 60.6 percent. And you wonder why homes are sitting unsold in a "bubble community"

Last edited by Robnlaura; 03-18-2024 at 12:53 PM. Reason: more info

Tags
villages, growth, video, #132, construction

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.