Villages Crime Scene

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2013, 09:34 AM
Sage

"Crime Scene" headline on this thread is overblown, I thought from the start.

But it did provide an opportunity to ramp up "crime in TV" (Crime?? Oh my!!!!)...and bash the newspaper which, like all newspapers, is published to help the advertisers sell their product/services.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Veteran member

They ran crime scene tape for a tractor?? Wow...
Old 04-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Veteran member

I think this thread was a little lesson in "how to spin stories & false imaginations"
Old 04-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Gold member

Wonder if the cops read TOTV, they must be laughing by now.Put a little more of that yellow crime tape up Earl,this should get them going.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocubsgo View Post
It won't be in the paper...whatever it was is negative and won't sell houses. Look for it in the Leesburg paper maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Are you on the same planet as the rest of us ?? Daily Sun reporting the good and bad.
What say you now???
Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Thank you for this bit of news. One of the first things I noticed a few years back was the sex offenders living in The Villages......if you read it, most of them go after, or "went after" young girls.......not retired middle aged or elderly women.

Having a beautiful 18 year old grand daughter who would indeed be visiting us, plus a lovely 8 year old grand daughter , as well as two "baby" grand daughters.........I would be concerned that these sexual predators are "out and about". The babies and 8 year old wouldn't be out "alone" but the 18 year old might be out jogging, etc .
Not to forget our 11 year old grandson.........some of these perverts don't care at all.......

Have you done a search for sex offenders in your neighborhood? Why would you be more concerned about sexual predators "out and about" in TV than any other place? Your implication is unwarranted!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM
Sage

".I would be concerned that these sexual predators are "out and about". The babies and 8 year old wouldn't be out "alone" but the 18 year old might be out jogging, etc ."

Personally, I would be more concerned about the 18 year old and 11 year old speeding along in Gramp's golf cart and getting into an accident - or the 18 year old having a fake ID to get drinks at City Fire and getting picked up by the local youths who frequent the bar.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Gold member

Lets see,
blame it on spring breakers or sex perverts
Old 04-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Lets see,
WHERE WERE YOU AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT, PAUL AND JEAN?????
Old 04-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Lets see,
Don't we usually blame such things on teenage grandchildren or Wildwood rfesidents?
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Don't we usually blame such things on teenage grandchildren or Wildwood rfesidents?
Jean, you KNOW I always agree with you and we do just that.most of the time.

It is less embarassing then thinking that a senior resident climbed the fence, hot wired the tractor and drove it to Lake Sumter Landing in the middle of the night during spring break.

If it walks like a ....
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Thank you for this bit of news. One of the first things I noticed a few years back was the sex offenders living in The Villages......if you read it, most of them go after, or "went after" young girls.......not retired middle aged or elderly women.

Having a beautiful 18 year old grand daughter who would indeed be visiting us, plus a lovely 8 year old grand daughter , as well as two "baby" grand daughters.........I would be concerned that these sexual predators are "out and about". The babies and 8 year old wouldn't be out "alone" but the 18 year old might be out jogging, etc .
Not to forget our 11 year old grandson.........some of these perverts don't care at all.......

I had most recently pointed out to my husband the playground area in question as a nice location (any of the nearby villages) to purchase a home.......as the Lake Sumter Landing area was my all time favorite.....it's all nice, but I just liked it there.....or Virginia Trace area, Village of Caroline, etc., Creekside Landing area.......or right around Lake Sumter Landing.

Again, I for one.......do appreciate your re-posting that link......
Thank you. Concerned grandparents have a need to know.

Anyone know what they eventually found in that pond??????????
Thanks in advance.
Better make sure you don't take the grandchildren to DisneyWorld. It's got lots of riff-raff that didn't come over on the Mayflower.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Better make sure you don't take the grandchildren to DisneyWorld. It's got lots of riff-raff that didn't come over on the Mayflower.
I have never seen any problems with Walt Disney World...........
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Jean, you KNOW I always agree with you and we do just that.most of the time.

It is less embarassing then thinking that a senior resident climbed the fence, hot wired the tractor and drove it to Lake Sumter Landing in the middle of the night during spring break.

If it walks like a ....
All the seniors I know go to bed before dark. So if a senior was involved, they would have to climb the fence, hot wire the tractor and drive it to LSL in the middle of the afternoon.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
All the seniors I know go to bed before dark. So if a senior was involved, they would have to climb the fence, hot wire the tractor and drive it to LSL in the middle of the afternoon.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.