Villages crossed Florida Turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Gold member
Default Villages crossed Florida Turnpike

So while driving around the Fenny area this afternoon, we stumbled upon a group of people off 503. There families have been living in the Adamsville area for 3 generations.

There road has been reciently paved and we inquired about that. They informed us that Sumter County/&The Villages has bought up most of the county roads off 501 around Fenny and they need paved roads for the possible 18k per day traffic....?

supposedly Sumter county has taken 2 homes in her neighborhood that back up to Fenny for roadways already under eminent domain laws .....wow

They and there neighbors are selling all the town.....as a unit........$250k an acre....so cool......although she didn't feel the same way. They are loosing there neighbors and friends and she was not excited about that.

I said......I still don't understand how the villages will get over the Fla Pike. She said they already have....a little south of the Okahumpka toll...The Villages built a bridge over the turnpike and they own all the property from Center Hill to 44. I wasn't sure she was correct...

So when I got back home, I google mapped it, and she is absolutly correct. The bridge is there and seems an easy stretch from 505 to 468 or 44.....villages named it Southern Oaks....or so they said.

So now I know why Fenny is there....it will become golf cart accessible to the town squares and the other golf someday. Very interesting....
Old 10-16-2016, 05:40 PM
Sage

Does this mean the build out is not here?
Old 10-16-2016, 05:44 PM
Gold member

"build out" funny? never gonna happen....
Old 10-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post
So while driving around the Fenny area this afternoon, we stumbled upon a group of people off 503. There families have been living in the Adamsville area for 3 generations.

There road has been reciently paved and we inquired about that. They informed us that Sumter County/&The Villages has bought up most of the county roads off 501 around Fenny and they need paved roads for the possible 18k per day traffic....?

supposedly Sumter county has taken 2 homes in her neighborhood that back up to Fenny for roadways already under eminent domain laws .....wow

They and there neighbors are selling all the town.....as a unit........$250k an acre....so cool......although she didn't feel the same way. They are loosing there neighbors and friends and she was not excited about that.

I said......I still don't understand how the villages will get over the Fla Pike. She said they already have....a little south of the Okahumpka toll...The Villages built a bridge over the turnpike and they own all the property from Center Hill to 44. I wasn't sure she was correct...

So when I got back home, I google mapped it, and she is absolutly correct. The bridge is there and seems an easy stretch from 505 to 468 or 44.....villages named it Southern Oaks....or so they said.

So now I know why Fenny is there....it will become golf cart accessible to the town squares and the other golf someday. Very interesting....
Can you link us to something that supports this claim that the Villages has taken homes in eminent domain? I doubt that they would have the power and I think a lot of incorrect information is spread by people who really aren't crazy about the developers or are angry they can't sell new homes. Not saying you didn't hear it, but I have heard some mightly tall tales from subs and people who are supposedly in the know.

Anything at all will do to support this rumor.. If it is so I will run naked through the square. And no one wants that! I bet what happened was that The developers bought the property from them at a good price.............
Old 10-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Can you link us to something that supports this claim that the Villages has taken homes in eminent domain? I doubt that they would have the power and I think a lot of incorrect information is spread by people who really aren't crazy about the developers or are angry they can't sell new homes. Not saying yo didn't hear it, but I have heard some mightly tall tales from subs and people who are supposedly in the know.

Anything at all will do. If it is so I will run naked through the square.
well, I gotta say...I would pay to see that....but

Sumter county/The Villages, took there homes...sale price?.... can't prove that until google maps shows at the end of 503 attached to Fenny homes torn down, which shouldn't take too long to update....but if you drive down the road, it is newly paved.

The adamsville town acres/streets will go up for sale by the end of the week....all together...as one big acreage.

As far as the Fla turnpike golf cart bridge...that can be seen today.....in person...or on google maps
Old 10-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

The bridge on 468 across the Florida turnpike is a golf cart bridge? What is the speed allowed for car traffic? If it's 45 MPH or higher then golf carts will not be allowed. I will try to take an aerial picture of the bridge from the Cub tomorrow.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 10-16-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
well, I gotta say...I would pay to see that....but

Sumter county/The Villages, took there homes...sale price?.... can't prove that until google maps shows at the end of 503 attached to Fenny homes torn down, which shouldn't take too long to update....but if you drive down the road, it is newly paved.

The adamsville town acres/streets will go up for sale by the end of the week....all together...as one big acreage.

As far as the Fla turnpike golf cart bridge...that can be seen today.....in person...or on google maps
A full-size automobile bridge was built yes, but right next to an existing bridge. It wasn't much of a secret, especially if you travel the turnpike often.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:44 PM
Veteran member

Sure enough there is a bridge to nowhere south of the plaza...

The Villages Florida

Google Maps
Not really sure that proves anything - or has anything to do with the Villages.

It must have been there for a long time - Google earth is over 2 years old in this area- it still shows the entire village of Hillsborough as dirt...
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 10-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
That bridge, which is south of the Okahumpka Travel Plaza, has been there a long time and has a sign on it that identifies it as 'Bailey Road.'

My guess is that it was built to provide access for a farmer (Bailey?)...when the toll road cut through his/her land.

I'm sure it could be used for a golf cart trail though and maybe the developer plans on doing just that...but The Villages didn't build it.

Unless, The Developer was planning on expanding all the way back in...1964.

Bailey Road Over Sr 91 | Bridge Inspections | Sumter County | theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL

Quote:
Lanes On the Structure: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
A full-size automobile bridge was built yes, but right next to an existing bridge. It wasn't much of a secret, especially if you travel the turnpike often.
The bridge that you're talking about is north of the Okahumpka Travel Plaza and is an upgrade of highway 468.

It will be a new interchange with the Florida Turnpike...and IT IS being paid for by The Developer.

Last edited by ColdNoMore; 10-16-2016 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Sure enough there is a bridge to nowhere south of the plaza...

The Villages Florida

Google Maps
Not really sure that proves anything - or has anything to do with the Villages.

It must have been there for a long time - Google earth is over 2 years old in this area- it still shows the entire village of Hillsborough as dirt...
I never noticed this bridge to nowhere. It's about 2 miles south of the 468 bridge along the turnpike and shows on a Google Earth picture taken way back in January of 1999. What the heck I will fly over both bridges and snoop.
Old 10-16-2016, 08:12 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldnomore View Post
that bridge, which is south of the okahumpka travel plaza, has been there a long time and has a sign on it that identifies it as 'bailey road.'

my guess is that it was built to provide access for a farmer (bailey?)...when the toll road cut through his/her land.

I'm sure it could be used for a golf cart trail though and maybe the developer plans on doing just that...but the villages didn't build it.

bingo
Old 10-16-2016, 08:14 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

A manager at Walmart told me, Costco bot the bridge.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
That bridge, which is south of the Okahumpka Travel Plaza, has been there a long time and has a sign on it that identifies it as 'Bailey Road.'

My guess is that it was built to provide access for a farmer (Bailey?)...when the toll road cut through his/her land.

I'm sure it could be used for a golf cart trail though and maybe the developer plans on doing just that...but The Villages didn't build it.

Unless, The Developer was planning on expanding all the way back in...1964.

Bailey Road Over Sr 91 | Bridge Inspections | Sumter County | theledger.com | The Ledger | Lakeland, FL

The bridge that you're talking about is north of the Okahumpka Travel Plaza and is an upgrade of highway 468.

It will be a new interchange with the Florida Turnpike...and IT IS being paid for by The Developer.

Now that Bailey bridge could be key to this. That's assuming they've bought up all that land. Wonder what shape that bridge is in?
Old 10-16-2016, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
Now that Bailey bridge could be key to this. That's assuming they've bought up all that land. Wonder what shape that bridge is in?
I agree that having it already in place, saved The Villages millions of dollars in putting a golf cart bridge across the Turnpike.

The link I provided is the inspection of the bridge made in 2013.

While it isn't in perfect shape, it gets a 96.4 'Health Index' and I'm sure it would be fine for golf carts.

Here's the link again.

Old 10-16-2016, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I agree that having it already in place, saved The Villages millions of dollars in putting a golf cart bridge across the Turnpike.

The link I provided is the inspection of the bridge made in 2013.

While it isn't in perfect shape, it gets a 96.4 'Health Index' and I'm sure it would be fine for golf carts.

Here's the link again.

Yeah, looks like a few issues. It needs standards upgrades. But would likely do the job.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, fenny, back, roads, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.