Villages crossed Florida Turnpike

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Turnpike & 468
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	turnp468.JPG
Views:	297
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	63025  
Old 10-17-2016, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Picture take today from the Cub. It's here and goes all the way to Orlando. A pipe line that is. Not a golf cart in site
Look again, it's not a pipeline crossing the turnpike.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:12 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Look again, it's not a pipeline crossing the turnpike.
Sorry, I was referring to the construction parallel to the Turnpike and not the bridge. I should have been more specific.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry, I was referring to the construction parallel to the Turnpike and not the bridge. I should have been more specific.
No problem.

Thanks for the photos, they are better than Google Maps and in yours it can be seen that the bridge could easily be used as a cart path to cross the turnpike.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Picture take today from the Cub. It's here and goes all the way to Orlando. A pipe line that is. Not a golf cart in site
Hope you waved hi to Whitey Bulger, and company, staying in Coleman....

Last edited by NoMoSno; 10-17-2016 at 02:55 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 02:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Hope you waved hi to Whitey Bulger, and company, staying in Coleman....
BTW - I think you have the second best user name here.

Old 10-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
BTW - I think you have the second best user name here.

Old 10-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

A good selling point is, if you work at Coleman Federal Peniteniary you could walk to work. For those who aren't quite ready to retire, prison guard jobs start at $40,000. It's not just blue collar either, they have openings for nurses, drug counselors, medical officers and so on.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida

USAJOBS - The Federal Government’s Official Jobs Site
Old 10-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Walking is good news, bad news. The bad news, it could be a two-way sidewalk.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:

GREAT PICTURES.......

let me ask you.......do you really think that bridge was used to heard cattle across the turnpike.....

I have seen enough Bonanza to know they could probably never get cows in close enough with the cows moving in a herd.... seems like a few would maybe end up on the pike.

I think some thing else....or someone else created that bridge.....?humm...

not that I care cause I don't, I think this is actually going to be awesome....bigger...more fooderies...shopping....love it.......BUT

when my supposedly informed Sales agent, that I have trusted her advice for many years, explains (lies) to me that Fenny will NEVER have access to The bubble and that I should really look into buying in Fruitland Park/Lake county....because that is all there is going to be left to buy?

Thats when my blood pressure goes up.......and my defenses start to react.....and I get angry....
Old 10-17-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstew43 View Post

GREAT PICTURES.......

let me ask you.......do you really think that bridge was used to heard cattle across the turnpike.....

I have seen enough Bonanza to know they could probably never get cows in close enough with the cows moving in a herd.... seems like a few would maybe end up on the pike.

not that I care cause I don't, I think this is actually going to be awesome....bigger...more fooderies...shopping....love it.......BUT

when my supposedly informed Sales agent, that I have trusted her advice for many years, explains (lies) to me that Fenny will NEVER have access to The bubble and that I should really look into buying in Fruitland Park/Lake county....because that is all there is going to be left to buy?

Thats when my blood pressure goes up.......and my defenses start to react.....and I get angry....
I believe this is all just speculation for now. The only announced land that they've purchased so far is Fenney. And this bridge is currently owned by the Turnpike.

Not that any of that can't change overnight.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by circletrack View Post
I believe this is all just speculation for now. The only announced land that they've purchased so far is Fenney. And this bridge is currently owned by the Turnpike.

Not that any of that can't change overnight.
They already own most of the land...I say most because some people are holding out for better dollars......they own all the way to Center Hill.....in one name or another..

Its on a need to know basis....I am sure.....
Old 10-17-2016, 05:50 PM

Quote:
They already own most of the land...I say most because some people are holding out for better dollars......they own all the way to Center Hill.....in one name or another..

Its on a need to know basis....I am sure.....
Yep, that's why I said announced. There's plenty open land to buy up. But it's all been kept low key for now.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:19 PM
Sage

Quote:

Cattle AND farm equipment.

There are fences that keep the cattle from the Turnpike and if you look closely in twoplanekid's photo (and Google Maps), you can see fences that make a 'chute' to go over the bridge.

You can also see cattle in his photos.

Quote:
And if the Turnpike had bifurcated your farm/ranch, how else would you get your equipment and cattle from one side to the other?

Except for the landowner at the time, whom/what do you think would have "created that bridge" ...in 1964?
Old 10-17-2016, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

GREAT PICTURES.......

Some people hold a Realtors license and they get angry because the developer does not participate with the MLS. Does not allow the MLS to sell homes for them.

That makes some people's blood pressure go up, and makes their defenses start to react. There is a lot of bad feeling for that reason and a lot of posts that are critical of the developer. I don't care because no sales agent for The Villages has ever lied to me, nor to anyone I know well. They don't have to. People are lined up ready to buy here and I like that. It makes my home more valuable. It makes my investment grow.

Last edited by graciegirl; 10-17-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, fenny, back, roads, area

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.