From the Villages Dist Gov YIKES!

Closed Thread
Old 03-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I don't know. Could someone block an aisle with a public chair?????
Usually the provided chairs are arranged to keep an aisle free. With no other source to park a public chair the aisles start to fill up.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 03-16-2017, 09:31 AM

I have seen personal chairs set up at 11:00 AM when I leave MVP at Spanish Springs. I would imagine that is what they are talking about. To me setting up your own chairs is no different than saving seats. Since they really don't enforce the no seat saving rule they probable won't enforce the personal chair rule.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Naw. I don't think they are greedy. I think they are just successful and have made much more money than they will ever need, and they are now reinvesting it into their business, again.

And for those who say they haven't tried to enforce it, maybe some don't understand people born in Illinois and Indiana and Michigan and Ohio where people are expected to do the "right thing", especially those who have lived on this earth at least five decades. It is an attitude that I like.

Some people still won't do it if they are told to do it and forced to do it.. It won't make much difference, except there will be some kinds of ugliness when some people get their chairs confiscated. I think the Morses think that it shouldn't have to come to this and know too, this won't work. Some people come for the fight and just want what they want and the hell with what others might need or like.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:53 AM
Platinum member

Tonight, when I am at the Blues Jam at the Alley in Sanford, this will weigh heavy on my mind. Just one man doing his part to cut down on overcrowding in the squares.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
The Villages government seems to tread lightly when it comes to entertainment (ie ambassadors v golf rangers).
Explain to an ambassador that there is slow play and they smile and drive away.

So the communication presented by the OP is surprising because by TV standards its a bold move.

Personal Best Regards:
Makes you wonder why there are ambassadors (Ass) on 9 hole course. One Pulled beside me said no driving on the grass. I was 2 foot off the path with one side tires. I said I wouldn't of got off the pass if an Ass wasn't coming up the path the wrong direction on single lane asphalt path. Then he drove off in the grass to hock golf balls.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,457 Posts

As the population explodes the square drunks will get worse. And of course the old square drunks aren't going to change the old habits.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Tonight, when I am at the Blues Jam at the Alley in Sanford, this will weigh heavy on my mind. Just one man doing his part to cut down on overcrowding in the squares.
It might be one way to limit the numbers at the squares as the population grows. Next we will need tickets for the squares?
Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM

So when my sister comes down next month and who can't stand for long periods wants to visit the square to see Scooter, guess I will have to tell her we can't go because we can't bring our own chairs like we used to do. Guess we just will not go to the squares anymore. Problem solved.
Old 03-16-2017, 02:58 PM

"unless otherwise approved by the District"

That could mean about anything, including; bring your own chair, sit in it while you're there, and remove it when you get up.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:38 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

From the other news site and I quote->
"The District Office on Thursday afternoon offered the following clarification on its policy with regard to personal chairs at town squares:
As a follow-up to this week’s Welcome Wednesday information, the District would like to clarify the use of personal chairs on the three town squares as it relates to weekly Entertainment. Personal folding chairs are allowed to be brought to events. The setting up and leaving of chairs prior to 3:00 p.m. is prohibited. Any chairs set up and left on the square prior to 3:00 p.m. will be removed by District Property Management. Our efforts are to manage and maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff and contractors at the squares. We appreciate your attention and support of this matter which will allow our Squares to continue to meet our high community standards."

And on the districtgov.org site ->Village Community Development Districts

OK, so who was starting rumors now!
Old 03-16-2017, 04:43 PM
Default Stop building and there won't be a chair problem!

I can deal with more traffic, getting numbers at Rec Centers and not always being able to get tee times. But, entertainment at the squares is supposed to be the heart of The Villages.

If we arrive at the square between 5:00 - 6:00 and all the chairs are taken or reserved, we will have to stand or leave if we can't bring our own chairs. Why have entertainment, if the residents can't go to a popular event because there are too many people.

Before someone suggests - go earlier to get a chair, that will only mean that people will start arriving earlier and earlier to stand in line to get a chair.

I have a better idea, mark spots where private chairs can be placed like a parking space. That would resolve the safety issue. Don't ban private chairs, please!

Never mind! I just read the post above regarding chairs being allowed!
Old 03-16-2017, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I should have read the entire post just proceeding mine.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
From the other news site and I quote->
"The District Office on Thursday afternoon offered the following clarification on its policy with regard to personal chairs at town squares:
As a follow-up to this week’s Welcome Wednesday information, the District would like to clarify the use of personal chairs on the three town squares as it relates to weekly Entertainment. Personal folding chairs are allowed to be brought to events. The setting up and leaving of chairs prior to 3:00 p.m. is prohibited. Any chairs set up and left on the square prior to 3:00 p.m. will be removed by District Property Management. Our efforts are to manage and maintain a safe environment for visitors, staff and contractors at the squares. We appreciate your attention and support of this matter which will allow our Squares to continue to meet our high community standards."

And on the districtgov.org site ->Village Community Development Districts

OK, so who was starting rumors now!
So our folding chairs are allowed, after 3 pm. I can live with that
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 PM

You folks do realize there is no real way to enforce this! If Dpm
can remove the chairs they have to have a place for folks to to recover them. I'm going to go buy a $4 chair and say the $50 chair is mine when I go to get it back lol...This is a public area.. How can you advise other folks coming into the squares who don't live here... to enjoy the music.. the car shows.. special events.. etc.. That their chair has been removed because they did not comply to the policy without knowing it.. This is the same thing as coolers and kids running around.. it's a policy.. Not a law .. so the folks who can really enforce it.. i.e. Lady Lake police.. Sumter County Sheriffs and Wildwood Police do not have a law to uphold, just a policy.. They will not uphold a policy and they are the only enforcement in the Public areas! So basically.. if peer pressure does not uphold the law.. it'll be the same ol same old..
Old 03-16-2017, 08:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
"For the safety of patrons, personal liability, and maintenance of the aesthetically pleasing town squares, no personal chairs or property are allowed at the town squares unless otherwise approved by the District. Chairs or other property may be removed by District Property Management. We appreciate your attention and support in helping keep our squares safe and well maintained."
Horse patootie.
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, district, personal, property, chairs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.