Villages Expansion in Marion County

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2015, 06:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=twoplanekid;1028683]Here is some additional reading for those that care.

Class action settlement notice to Villages residents.
http://www.poa4us.org/classaction_fi...t%20Notice.pdf
Article from the Orlando Sentinel on March 9, 2008 about the settlement
Villages developer to pay $40 million for recreation upgrades to settle a lawsuit - tribunedigital-orlandosentinel
And the Tampa Bay Times
State: he Villages developer settles lawsuit[/QUOT

These things happened in 2008. What is the point of this post other than to say that the developer does the right thing in the end.. Ok, so it took some pressure but it all worked in the residents favor.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanpaula View Post
Supply (of homes) will only increase, 10-15 yrs from now 50% of the ppl who live here now will not be here. I'm not sure this community will meet the needs of those retiring during that timeframe.

What is the deal with the build out, what is it and why is that important, would someone explain pls.
What? 50% of the current TV population will be gone in 10-15 years? Where in the world did you get those figures from?

And I don't understand what you mean when you say that this "community won't meet the needs of those retiring during that timeframe". Please explain.

Build-out means that there will be no more new homes built. And when that happens, only resale homes will be available. No offense, but if you don't know what build-out means or why it is important, then how did you come to the conclusion that supply of homes will "only increase"?
Old 03-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage

"Build-out" is a term used to describe when there will be no more building of new homes in a community. It is usually spoken of in discussions predicting the future, and rarely occurs at the time specified in those predictions.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:13 AM
Gold member

Perhaps the next generation of retirees will not be interested in this type of lifestyle, or not able to afford it. Or, there could be lots of other retirement communities on the moon.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:45 AM
Default Brownwood, Fruitland, Orange Blossom, now Marion

Growth on the south of The Villages..expansion on the SE, revitalizing the NE...now a little expansion on the NW.

From a 40,000 foot view the developers are keeping the WHOLE property fresh. Trying to prevent one section from being deemed the older section.

Pretty smart imo.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Sage

I agree. Very smart.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

one would think two new pools would be attractive in an area with a lack of pools
Old 03-15-2015, 10:53 AM

The stats are from a real estate article about TV, do the math and sure you'll get what the writer is implying.

About future retirees and if this is the lifestyle that will appeal to them . . . 15 yrs from now I'll be 'eligible' to retire, not sure how TV will evolve and look by then, just sayin.
Old 03-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
The stats are from a real estate article about TV, do the math and sure you'll get what the writer is implying.

About future retirees and if this is the lifestyle that will appeal to them . . . 15 yrs from now I'll be 'eligible' to retire, not sure how TV will evolve and look by then, just sayin.
You are very well planned romanpaula. When I was in my forties, I saved, but I had no goal at that time as to where I would want to live. Or any worries that this not specific place would be there. Just saved our bucks so that the choices we wanted to make would be a possibility.

I was working hard in my forties. Not thinking about retirement then.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Next gen are already looking and some buying, they have been visiting parents. After that I don't think I will be here for the third gen retiring
Old 03-15-2015, 01:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Perhaps the next generation of retirees will not be interested in this type of lifestyle, or not able to afford it. Or, there could be lots of other retirement communities on the moon.
Hi buzzy: That is a very good observation
Old 03-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Excellent post Rubicon. I can't say how I respect your posts and how I value them. Lately they felt a little different and I hoped you were still happy here.

Your fan,

Gracie
Hi GG I am still happy here and what you are sensing really boils down to I should have taken my nap before I logged on to TOTV
Old 03-15-2015, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
The Marion County portion of The Villages was completed and sold out in the early 2000's. Mulberry Grove Publix opened in 2003. After over a decade, who really thinks that another grocery store is going to open because of 300 additional homes? IMO Attorney Roy's statement is just blah, blah, blah.
I think that he was talking about the Colony area. A resident complained about over crowding at the Colony Publix and he said that they were trying to attract another grocery store to that area.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

What life style do you imagine will be appealing in 15 years? I have seen TV change fron basically a golf community to picklleball, bocce and many more new sports added. TV is constantly evolving to accomidate changing attitudes.

The biggest drawback that I see for future retirees is not having pensions and adequate savings. They may have to work forever.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I want to keep the Developers involved in running this place as long as we can. It seems the law suit giving control to homeowners north of 466 established an atmosphere and dealings not nearly as good a way as the way things are run south of 466. They are fussing and fighting over whether we need a line in the middle of the cart paths. I drove a long way today on unlined cart paths. I don't like the nit picking and dumb additions and foolish expenditures that comes from people running communities who have had no previous history doing it.

I am a big fan of how the developers run things.
I agree, Gracie. I've been involved in too many things where people who had no idea of what they were doing outvoted professionals. It's always best to let professionals do their job.

In condos where the residents run the place, you often have committees made up of people with their own little agenda and are not always interested in the overall welfare of the development.

I think that the developer of The Villages has done an incredible job in creating a lifestyle for all of us. Do I agree with every single little decision that has been made? Probably not, but like you say, we can nit pick things to death. and how many of us have an opinion based on "How will this affect me?" as opposed to "Is this better for the residents overall?"

Like I said, give professionals a job to do and get out of their way.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.