Villages Expansion

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2015, 06:38 PM
Default Villages Expansion

I heard The Villages has purchased the large trac of land on the north side of 466 A that is across from Pinellas Plaza and the golf courses.

They are in talks with Wildwood on development and may be building another executive course. Anyone hear this or can ad information? The land has been on the market for many years and is now used for cattle.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:13 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

There is a Thread on this subject and it's true that this land you speak of will be developed by The Villages.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:04 PM

So much for property values rising "as the Villages approaches build-out"......looks like the building is not going to stop and it's too crowded already........
Old 04-12-2015, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
I heard The Villages has purchased the large trac of land on the north side of 466 A that is across from Pinellas Plaza and the golf courses.

They are in talks with Wildwood on development and may be building another executive course. Anyone hear this or can ad information? The land has been on the market for many years and is now used for cattle.
I think that discussion has been on here a while ago.......you might want to search for the tread. As I remember your questions were answered in that thread.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-13-2015, 06:52 AM

isn't that great. the more the merrier...............
Old 04-13-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If people find that this place is getting too big, or they can't like how it is run, or they think the "Sharon" isn't big enough, or they think the Morse family are underhanded, or they don't like Gretchen Carlson being invited to speak here,or they are fed up with no one doing anything about the seats being saved and a certain political group moving here in droves,
they can place their home on the market, sell it quickly, make a profit, and move to a smaller area more conducive to their ideas of perfect.

For me and mine, we are very happy here in Lower Paradise. We have the fourth lowest taxes in all of Florida here in Sumter county. We now have almost all of the places people love to shop and none of the restaurants a passle of New York City folks pine for. We are attracting KIDS under 55 who want to live with old-er people as long as they can have a youth group all to themselves and we are the fastest growing municipality in the U.S. There must be a lot good that draws people here. I am certainly a fan.

OLD Gracie.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If people find that this place is getting too big, or they can't like how it is run, or they think the "Sharon" isn't big enough, or they think the Morse family are underhanded, or they don't like Gretchen Carlson being invited to speak here,or they are fed up with no one doing anything about the seats being saved and a certain political group moving here in droves,
they can place their home on the market, sell it quickly, make a profit, and move to a smaller area more conducive to their ideas of perfect.

For me and mine, we are very happy here in Lower Paradise. We have the fourth lowest taxes in all of Florida here in Sumter county. We now have almost all of the places people love to shop and none of the restaurants a passle of New York City folks pine for. We are attracting KIDS under 55 who want to live with old-er people as long as they can have a youth group all to themselves and we are the fastest growing municipality in the U.S. There must be a lot good that draws people here. I am certainly a fan.

OLD Gracie.
Or they can work to effect change. Or they can air their objections on TOTV, which is totally okay as that is one facet of a forum. Or they can move. In any event, expressing opinions is our right here in the good-ole USA.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Or they can work to effect change. Or they can air their objections on TOTV, which is totally okay as that is one facet of a forum. Or they can move. In any event, expressing opinions is our right here in the good-ole USA.

That works too. But I feel it is only fair to let people know ahead of time what this place is like, and I for one really don't want it changed from how it is run now south of 466. So some do and some don't and one's idea of perfect is no more valuable than the others.

I like what the skilled group who planned this place is doing far better than the group of village folks who want to run things with very little skill in doing so. I LOVE the deed restrictions, just the way they are. The flowers just the way they are, the fact that the amenity fee is based on cost of living, that everything is maintained and painted and cleaned beautifully just the way it is.

Folks must be drawn to this place the way it presents itself. Good. I like it too. Like many who have been here for awhile, I resent people who move here and right away try to take control and change things. Thank heaven for the CDD form of government.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
That works too. But I feel it is only fair to let people know ahead of time what this place is like, and I for one really don't want it changed from how it is run now south of 466. So some do and some don't and one's idea of perfect is no more valuable than the others.

I like what the skilled group who planned this place is doing far better than the group of village folks who want to run things with very little skill in doing so. I LOVE the deed restrictions, just the way they are. The flowers just the way they are, the fact that the amenity fee is based on cost of living, that everything is maintained and painted and cleaned beautifully just the way it is.

Folks must be drawn to this place the way it presents itself. Good. I like it too. Like many who have been here for awhile, I resent people who move here and right away try to take control and change things. Thank heaven for the CDD form of government.

amen!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Gold member

Quote:
yes they can express their opinions freely,however, this is JUST a forum and is not a place to get things done. The strange thing about forums is that they seem real and pertinent while your on them but as soon as you log off they are just 'dust in the wind'.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

OLD Gracie.
I agree Gracie

I think that there are many people that enjoy the art of complaining about everything. I believe that the term for this is called Paramania!!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I agree that folks must be drawn to this place as it is now, but they cannot know every little thing until they move in and live here for a while. And I see nothing wrong with complaining about things.

Plus... how do you know that the people airing grievances on this forum are not also going through other venues to effect change? There have been results here through people working for change.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

No place is perfect (not on this good earth) --- but for a place to retire----The Villages is way ahead of whatever is in second place. Most of us feel this way.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
I agree that folks must be drawn to this place as it is now, but they cannot know every little thing until they move in and live here for a while. And I see nothing wrong with complaining about things.

Plus... how do you know that the people airing grievances on this forum are not also going through other venues to effect change? There have been results here through people working for change.
What change specifically have you seen results as a result of people complaining?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-13-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
What change specifically have you seen results as a result of people complaining?
Mr Developer!! ..... Tear down this wall!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.