Villages Fire Service

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2021, 10:21 AM

So true! They were facing bankruptcy until TVs stepped in. They do not know how to run a district as large as TV and provide the services we NEED!
Old 07-29-2021, 10:41 AM
Default Thank you Villages Fire Department!

We thank you for all you do. Best of luck. We hope you prevail.

I have found the members to be professional, polite, and dedicated.
Old 07-29-2021, 10:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Lansing View Post
I plan to attend the meeting ,
But in the event I can’t make it , how do I contact our Board if Commissioners .
Please provide the contact info !
Please see post #25
Old 07-29-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene Lansing View Post
I plan to attend the meeting ,
But in the event I can’t make it , how do I contact our Board if Commissioners .
Please provide the contact info !
See post #25 for contact info.
Old 07-29-2021, 11:11 AM
Default Thank you for sharing this Info

With P/T residents, F/T workers, F/T players ... it is so hard to keep up w politics nationally and locally. TY 4 sharing this info.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:00 PM

Get more manpower for both the EMS and Fire Department and continue as it is now.
Old 07-29-2021, 01:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagesff View Post
Hi
I am writing this as a resident and a Villages Firefighter. Bradley Arnold is trying to take away your Fire Department! It sounds strange, but it is what is happening. I am not going to belittle the men and women of Sumter County FD or AMR, but your Villages Firefighters are under attack. We provide you with many services that neither organization will provide. We as an organization do it for less per call than Sumter FD with better manning. Our Firefighters are treated better because the residents care to have the best services. Take a look outside of the Villages and see if there is a difference, I will discuss and or answer any of your questions truthfully and the best I can if you have any. You all need to let The Sumter Board of Commissioners know you want to keep your Villages Firefighters. Sorry this is so long. I know there will be trolls and naysayers and that’s okay, I just wanted you all to know what is going on.
Stay safe
Bradley Arnold is just doing his job. He is making suggestions to improve service. Give it a break

Old 07-29-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
x

Can you tell me what the current staffing wants to do? If it were put to a vote which option would the majority choose?

Are you guys unionized through the IAFF?
The Villages Firefighters are represented by IAFF local 4770. They are very active in this fight as well as the admin staff of the dept. Speaking ex officious, I believe the staff is 100% against combining with the county under county control. I believe the majority would prefer the independent tax district, but again that is my opinion from speaking with people.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,380 Times in 2,520 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
Bradley Arnold is just doing his job. He is making suggestions to improve service. Give it a break
As far as TVFS is concerned, is Mr. Arnold not trying to 'fix' what isn't broken?
Old 07-29-2021, 06:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
As far as TVFS is concerned, is Mr. Arnold not trying to 'fix' what isn't broken?
Is he doing what his boss the developer told him to do?
Old 07-29-2021, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Is he doing what his boss the developer told him to do?
You know Arnold works for the BOCC, but your hate for the developer clouds all your replies. Ask the 3 knuckleheads you guys elected what they plan to do. No matter what the advisory group recommends it is ultimately up to the BOCC which is controlled by the 3 stooges. It will be interesting to see if they foul up this decision like they have on other decisions over the past 6 months (impact fees and trying to raise the fire assessment by 300%).
Old 07-30-2021, 09:12 PM

The Villages FD is opposed to merging staff and equipment with Sumter Co. Please attend the Ad Hoc Committee meeting @ Wildwood Community Center, 4 August, 7PM. Your voice matters.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3799.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	90259  
Old 07-31-2021, 03:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dond1959 View Post
You know Arnold works for the BOCC, but your hate for the developer clouds all your replies. Ask the 3 knuckleheads you guys elected what they plan to do. No matter what the advisory group recommends it is ultimately up to the BOCC which is controlled by the 3 stooges. It will be interesting to see if they foul up this decision like they have on other decisions over the past 6 months (impact fees and trying to raise the fire assessment by 300%).
First of all I do not hate the developer. I think the family has done a brilliant job developing this place and applaud them for it.

What I do not like is their political control of the legislature here.

Have said all along that Sumter county and the developer should compromise on the impact fees so that the county can keep growing.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:28 AM

To answer some of the questions. We are specifically talking about the Fire rescue. They, BOCC/ Arnold ere trying to take away. The ambulance transport could/ should be done by the FD as in most of the state.
Yes, with a possible caveat. The Villages FD could start transport as soon as legally possible. (Not as long as the naysayers say). We would have to increase some personnel, probably from the existing contract service.
As far as taxes and the rest of the county regular taxes and the Fire assessment for the rest of theSumter county would cover theirs. The county would also have to increase if the transport as well.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:36 PM
Default Who Would?

If County takes over, would they in turn have to pay for and buy the Villages Fire Stations, Fire Trucks and First Responder vehicles and rescue equipment from The Villages Fire District? Who own all this now?

Tags
villages, sumter, firefighters, provide, services

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.