The Villages Golf Cart Service

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Default The Villages Golf Cart Service

Does anyone know of a place to get your golf cart serviced besides The Villages Golf Cart Service. I have two Yamaha's and I just called The Villages Golf Cart service and they have raised their prices from $79.00 to $130.00 plus taxes. Having run automotive service centers all my adult life, I find this a little steep of an increase in one year. I was also told the same story, that they can't promise that you will get your cart back the same day. I asked, with the prices almost doubling, I would think that the service would be better. No comment from the lady.
When I ran my tire stores and if I told a customer that it may, or would take two days for an oil change and service, do you think they would be my customers long. I think not. Of course, I wasn't the only auto center in town.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

I too feel that the increase in price is unreasonable.
To get around it I did the service myself. All I had to obtain was a quart of oil, fuel filter and the metal drain plug gasket. The air filter was perfectly clean and the pre-filter just needed to be washed out. I pulled the plug and it was in great shape. It didn't even need to be regapped. Total cost: $11.00. Since you were in the business, give it a try.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I use Willie Wilcoxon (352/255-1369). He comes to your house and does most maintenance there. He will take it to his shop if he has to but can fix most things on the spot. An annual tune-up is $69.00.

Great guy; great service; reasonable prices; really knows his stuff.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-28-2014, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
I too feel that the increase in price is unreasonable.
To get around it I did the service myself. All I had to obtain was a quart of oil, fuel filter and the metal drain plug gasket. The air filter was perfectly clean and the pre-filter just needed to be washed out. I pulled the plug and it was in great shape. It didn't even need to be regapped. Total cost: $11.00. Since you were in the business, give it a try.
Good idea philnpat, I just bought a new cart from them, will the warranty still be force if we do it ourselves?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
Good idea philnpat, I just bought a new cart from them, will the warranty still be force if we do it ourselves?
I believe that in order for the warrantee to be in effect, a qualified Yamaha dealership/technician has to do the work. So, for the next few years, you're at their mercy. Actually, the service department is great to deal with. It's a shame they did what they did with their prices.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,026 Times in 1,207 Posts

I believe Tire choice up by Walmart on 466 works on carts.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
Sage

Getting too big for their britches???
Old 02-28-2014, 05:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
the metal drain plug gasket
Where did you find the gasket?
Mine still looks good, but may need to replace it in the future.
Thanks!
Old 02-28-2014, 07:12 PM

Have had our cart serviced there, but don't feel confident. Also used to have our car serviced there and each time they quoted loads of work required and as we know little about cars we had to take their word for it. When serviced at George Nahas we were told the car was in good nick for it's age
Old 02-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Gold member

Carts and Clubs will come to your house for almost all problems.
Old 02-28-2014, 07:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Where did you find the gasket?
Mine still looks good, but may need to replace it in the future.
Thanks!
I got it at The Villages Golf Cart parts department on Duck Pond Rd. Heading north on Rolling Acres, take a left just before The Daily Sun building...follow that road down to the end...It's on the left. It was $2.00. Online I found it for $3.95.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:57 AM

Quote:
I believe that in order for the warrantee to be in effect, a qualified Yamaha dealership/technician has to do the work. So, for the next few years, you're at their mercy. Actually, the service department is great to deal with. It's a shame they did what they did with their prices.
Thats what mfg's want you to believe. As long as you can prove the work was done either by a shop or yourself and you have your reciepts the warranty can not be voided.

Magnuson
Old 03-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The past two years I've had my 2011 Yamaha gas cart serviced at Tire Choice at Colony for $49.99. They change the oil, spark plug, fuel filter, rotate the tires and lube. They don't take appointments, usually I'm in and out in about and hour or a little more. Just call ahead to see if they have any delays.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:55 AM

Another vote for Willie
Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

The Villages Golf Cart sales rep said that by servicing my cart with them the warranty is extended one year. My annual service is due this month and the $130.00 charge will be a topic of discussion.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.